Slow Drafts

Sandman62

Slow Drafts

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:49 am

Can someone please explain how slow drafts work? Thanks.

Coltsfan

Slow Drafts

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:26 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Can someone please explain how slow drafts work? Thanks. Instead of everyone gathering at a specific time for a draft it is turn based and you have roughly 12 hours to make your pick when it's your turn. They normally last about 10 days or so.

Wayne

Sandman62

Slow Drafts

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:53 am

Ahhh... thanks Wayne. Are they for money, i.e. paid entry fees and cash prizes (or free entries the following year)? Are they by invitation only or open to general public?

Diesel

Slow Drafts

Post by Diesel » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:10 am

Sandman, slow drafts play for money like any other league. They can be at any entry level. Up to 12 hours per pick, and the clock shuts off from Midnight - about 5am...So you just have to check on two or 3 times a day at your convenience, and the draft usually takes around 10-14 days to complete. A lot of fun and great if you want to draft but don't have 3-4 hours on any single day to do a live online draft.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

TURBOUGH

Slow Drafts

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:20 am

I'm not seeing any satellite leagues listed. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Have the Satellite league options been posted?

Thanks

Diesel

Slow Drafts

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
[QB] I'm not seeing any satellite leagues listed. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Have the Satellite league options been posted?

Thanks [/QB
]Turbough, you haven't missed anything. With the new NFFC website not up and running yet, they haven't offered anything to keep us occupied through the early months of summer. I think I read that maybe they'll offer some very soon. With all of the new draft offerings, I don't think they want to offer too many satellites as it would take away from signups from their other events.

[ July 05, 2010, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

TURBOUGH

Slow Drafts

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:10 am

Thanks Diesel. Your comment seems to be the trend with one of the other sites as well. I'd like to get in some leagues where the money stays in the league and not these all these different "events". I'm game for the main events but I like the satellites as well.

GIVE ME SOME OPTIONS!!

Diesel

Slow Drafts

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 am

Once the NFFC is up and running, I honestly think they're going to get signups like nobody imagined. I think too many of us are doubting the power of a site like fanball. But there are a bunch of us that have always used satellites as our own personal ADP source. This is where satellites played a big role.

Greg Ambrosius

Slow Drafts

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:39 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Thanks Diesel. Your comment seems to be the trend with one of the other sites as well. I'd like to get in some leagues where the money stays in the league and not these all these different "events". I'm game for the main events but I like the satellites as well.

GIVE ME SOME OPTIONS!! Yeah, I can't offer any satellite leagues until we get the draft software done and make sure everything is going to work fine. This is a unique year where each contest has had to fine-tune their own back-end systems before the season and some of us have chosen different methods of hosting drafts. Fanball is building their own software and will first unveil it as a Mock Draft Lobby that is free to all NFFC members. That same software will be used for all of our pay online leagues, which could include satellite leagues. Stay tuned on all of that. If we do satellite leagues, they will all be 14-teamers.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TURBOUGH

Slow Drafts

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:17 am

I'm all for saving money and this would definately help you all.

I'm disappointed that there may not be any satellites and if there are, only 14 teamers.

I agree with Diesel's comments.