Looking For Feedback On Midwest NFFC Venues

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:27 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by BobSquad:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:

I live in Indy but I don't want the event here. I think the feeling is mutual.

Unless you are interested in wearing straw hats, drinking moonshine, and not wearing shoes or socks all weekend!
[/QUOTE]I was playing blackjack in Tahoe many years ago when the dealer asked everybody where they were from. When I said Indiana he actually said "so you farm".

For the record - I have actually never been on a farm.

Bob
[/QUOTE]So why the infatuation with farm animals?
[/QUOTE]I think it was Larry Bird (The Hick from French Lick) who said that once an Indiana boy has a pig in the mud, he never goes back.

Edited to add: Are we now officially off topic?

[ February 18, 2012, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

bobsgym

Post by bobsgym » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:59 am

quote:Originally posted by BobSquad:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:

I live in Indy but I don't want the event here. I think the feeling is mutual.

Unless you are interested in wearing straw hats, drinking moonshine, and not wearing shoes or socks all weekend!
[/QUOTE]I was playing blackjack in Tahoe many years ago when the dealer asked everybody where they were from. When I said Indiana he actually said "so you farm".

For the record - I have actually never been on a farm.

Bob
[/QUOTE]So why the infatuation with farm animals?
[/QUOTE]Sorry to have misled. When I said I liked pork butt and smoking pork it didn't mean what you had hoped.

Bob
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 am

Let me ask this of the die-hard group that drafts in Chicago each year, because getting a conference room at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare for any of the Friday events is possible right now:

If we reserved space for Friday, Aug. 31st in Chicago and planned a Draft Champions League and an Auction League, would there be enough interest in those events? And would those owners still participate in the Classic and Primetime in Chicago that weekend?

I do think it's better for our Midwest owners to have the option of drafting on the Second Weekend after the Thursday Night Game like our owners in Las Vegas and New York will be doing. But that being said, we have the ability to still fill up some First Weekend side events or more if demand is there.

I'm just trying to keep our die-hards together if possible, while still giving Chicago the best possible draft times to compete for all of the other top prizes we'll be offering in 2012. Any feedback is welcome.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:06 am

Greg,

After seeing the Vegas schedule I"m thinking that I will be just going to Vegas this year. I love how you are spreading the events out over a few more days. I'll miss all of my friends in Chicago but the Vegas lineup looks awesome.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:40 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

After seeing the Vegas schedule I"m thinking that I will be just going to Vegas this year. I love how you are spreading the events out over a few more days. I'll miss all of my friends in Chicago but the Vegas lineup looks awesome.

Wayne Thanks for the honest response Wayne. And that's very possible for a lot of the guys in Chicago. But then we try to build Chicago into one great event with the people we have from the Midwest and hope to bring in as new members, and maybe that's the Second Weekend. More feedback is needed and I'll email the group for more intimate responses. Not everyone can go to Las Vegas that second weekend, so let's still do what's best for the people who plan on drafting in the Windy City.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

Wayne This post will become commonplace and Chicago will be a thing of the past. :(
Seriously if we are going to a one city/online contest why not just get it over with.
If you serve a 7 course meal in one city and chicken soup in the other it's just a given.
I think it's sad because Chicago was a strong venue from the beginning and now it's dying a quick death.
Not everyone can afford to go to Vegas for a week and play in 75,000 leagues. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good when you see people willing to travel across country versus a short drive to their local area.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 am

quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Greg,

Wayne This post will become commonplace and Chicago will be a thing of the past. :(
Seriously if we are going to a one city/online contest why not just get it over with.
If you serve a 7 course meal in one city and chicken soup in the other it's just a given.
I think it's sad because Chicago was a strong venue from the beginning and now it's dying a quick death.
Not everyone can afford to go to Vegas for a week and play in 75,000 leagues. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good when you see people willing to travel across country versus a short drive to their local area.
[/QUOTE]very true. same goes for nyc. i would much more like to spend the weekend in nyc. not mahwah , nj. or brooklyn. to me its either vegas or online which online kills half the fun. when the fun is gone you have to make a choice and ask yourself if it is really worth it.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am

Jeff,

I'm just one person. Chicago has been losing folks for years. You just need to try Vegas sometime and it doesn't matter if you play in 1 league or twelve.

It's a 5.5 hour drive to Chicago and its a 6 hour flight out of my home town to Vegas. It costs $300 for a plane ticket to Vegas and I split a room last year in Vegas and my cost was less than $20 per night.

Going to Chicago it's about $100/night hotel and $100 in gas. What I"m saying is that there isn't much difference in cost. It's just hard taking off work two weekends in a row. And then when I do I'm really rushed as I fly into Vegas at the last possible minute and leave early.

I'll really miss Chicago but Vegas is a great time too.

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:05 pm

wayne ,

from ny you can get a flight and 4 nights ( checking in thurs / checkout monday) at the flamingo across from the bellagio for 1k. then i'm going to need two italian wallets ( rubber bands ) for that time there. :D :D it's hard to go to vegas on a budget. they got to get nyc back up to par by next year.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:11 pm

We'll see what happens with Chicago. It's only February, but my plans are to return to the "Windy City" again this year. If I have to relocate to draft next year, no problem.

Jeff, just let it play out and we'll see what happens. When Wayne goes to Vegas, I figure my chances just improved by 7% and yours by 3.5%.... :D
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!