Preliminary 2011 Football Rankings

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 am

Let's just say Collie won't end up behind Ward when it's all said and done Wayne. They're called preliminary for a reason.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 am

I won't argue that the draft and F/A can help (or hurt) a team defensively....but, there is little denying that the NFC West and the AFC South both sucked defensively last year. And I would find it really difficult to anticipate the draft and F/A hurting the teams in the AFC East and the NFC North enougfh to view them as being as weak drfensively this year as the NFC West and AFC South were last year. How is Bowe going to fare on Revis Island? Assuming he fares about as well as most, he's in for a 3-24 game Replace that game with the game against one of many out of division games last year..like Az or Seattle or Tenn and Bowe goes from a 270 scorer to a 240 point scorer. Nevermind considering all the other opponents this year vs last.
And I agree, a stellar offense many times will stand up well to a good/stellar defense. The problem is, I sure don't consider KC as a stellar offense. I consider them a good offense that faced a lot of crappy defenses last yea,. and will be facing ,many good defenses this year. .....tyime will tell :).

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:11 am

I agree we need to find out more about the Chiefs' offense but I think Charles and Bowe are both top-level talents at their respective positions. For me, it all comes down to Cassel and whether he can sustain the level of consistency he displayed in the second half last season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:31 am

Wayne, would you PLEASE stop bringing up the overrated Collie !!!!!!! :eek:
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Originally posted by KyThunder:
Wayne, would you PLEASE stop bringing up the overrated Collie !!!!!!! :eek: Truth be known, my first dog was a collie and her name was Lassie. (True Story) There you have it.

Wayne

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Wayne, do you have a Collie jersey yet? #17 right?
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:44 am

Scott,

I only have a "Wayne" jersey!

Wayne

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Scott,

I only have a "Wayne" jersey!

Wayne :D

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:50 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Let's just say Collie won't end up behind Ward when it's all said and done Wayne. They're called preliminary for a reason. If that's the case why not rank Eli over Peyton...since it's all gonna change anyway. Just sayin!

Seriously Tom preliminary or not Ward over Collie is an all night smokin crack projection Lol

We all need to be quiet now and let you convince the masses that an almost 19 ppg performer will get beat down by an old 9 ppg WR who's best days are long gone.

You really need to watch more Colt games Tom! ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 am

I have begun my second phase of rankings and no need to fear, Ward is no longer ranked above Collie on my WR list. Like I've been saying, these were extremely preliminary rankings that I posted primarily to invite discussion. There was always going to be significant change. Even though my process is to start with a very rough draft that I know is going to have significant change I wanted to get people talking about position rankings this year. Hopefully that's been accomplished. Now let's keep it going.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich