What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Sauerkraut

Post by Sauerkraut » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:32 am

Originally posted by The FF Maestro:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
For those still owed by AFFL I found it interesting that they are being promoted on the following site - Scum attracts scum
If you have time you might ask the host, Mike North, why he is promoting a business that has screwed its customers. Just click on the "contact us" button. as is the case with WCOFF also i just find this whole thing absolutely mind boggling. the fact that both are still soliciting customers means that its only a matter of time before there is government oversight and thats the type of intervntion that can ruin many an industry, including ours here. :confused: :(
[/QUOTE]I listen to Mike North...Used to like Mike North...And have seriously contemplated calling when he has "Commissioner Bob" on every Sunday night at about 11:30 ET. Tomorrow night could be it. I will ask the question.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:34 am

Good post Greg.

I was pretty loud on the WCOFF "private boards" (as you know the "bad stuff" can't be viewed by guests) before I was banned (shocker!) because this DOES affect the entire industry.

I realize there are a bunch of people who have attached their name to WCOFF and have no choice but to see how this all plays out, but for the people who don't, and just want paid...it is a damn shame that so much deception and silence is going on over there. :(

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:59 am

Billy, please don't confuse the two as far as people attaching their name to wcoff or those that have not. I can only speak for myself and will not speak for anyone else.

I am owed $9200. I have 2 ME teams paid in full for 2011. I have quite a few teams in baseball (wcofb) that are contending for money. Two of which if the season ended today would get almost 40k.

So attach my name detach it or whatever you want to call it. At the end of the day I want to be paid. So do I want to see WCOFF survive? You bet your a$$ I do ! All those reasons above I think would make anyone want to see wcoff survive. So sorry if I offended anyone because I have remained optimistic and am trying to do anything I can to make that happen.

Dustin is not handing me 50k just because we are friends. People need to stop confusing the two. Friends are friends business is business and money is money.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:42 am

Billy, please don't confuse the two as far as people attaching their name to wcoff or those that have not. I can only speak for myself and will not speak for anyone else.

I am owed $9200. I have 2 ME teams paid in full for 2011. I have quite a few teams in baseball (wcofb) that are contending for money. Two of which if the season ended today would get almost 40k.

So attach my name detach it or whatever you want to call it. At the end of the day I want to be paid. So do I want to see WCOFF survive? You bet your a$$ I do ! All those reasons above I think would make anyone want to see wcoff survive. So sorry if I offended anyone because I have remained optimistic and am trying to do anything I can to make that happen.

Dustin is not handing me 50k just because we are friends. People need to stop confusing the two. Friends are friends business is business and money is money.

Sauerkraut

Post by Sauerkraut » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:43 am

If the WCOFF survives, do the new owners pay you your money that was owed?
Maybe some kind of retribution as "thanks for coming back..I know you got screwed, but here ya go"..giving you something FAR LESS than what your owed. How would that make you feel?
Not being sarcastic...Just asking a question.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Nelson,

I never mentioned your name in all this.

However, my questions would be WHY would you continue to play in a contest that has not paid you???

Why would you have bought 2 more teams when they currently owe you $9200???

I realize your optimism because they owe you, but WHY do you continue to put money in or get credit? I guess that is the part I don't understand.

You obviously have more of an inside track as to what is going on with WCOFF than most, but my post was mainly directed (or should of been) towards all the people who have begged and pleaded for their money over the last 5 months to get vague or no answers at all.

[ August 06, 2011, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:46 pm

I never said I would play in a contest that hasn't paid me. In my view it was still early when baseball came around (March)

I never said I signed up for those 2 teams recently. It was part of my winnings, not in addition to what is owed already.

I will not make another post updating players again. The owners need to make those posts moving forward. I'm not an idiot, but I have looked like one recently.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:40 pm

I know you aren't an idiot, Nelson.

Best of luck in getting your money, and looking forward to meeting you in Vegas at FFPC and NFFC.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:10 pm

As someone who was just involved in an Asset Acquisition, I have to admit this whole process over there is tough to understand. From the moment I first talked with LSI to the day we legally transferred the assets it took six weeks. And that's with lawyers involved with a publicly traded company and yours truly. Granted, it was one entity selling to one owner, but still, it was 42 days from start to finish.

And during that whole process we were able to communicate with our players so that once I legally owned the NFBC/NFFC our players were signed up and ready to go on Draft Day. There was never any loss of continuity, never any loss of communication, never any loss of trust. And when we announced our move to STATS shortly after the Asset Acquisition was approved, we all moved forward together.

I suppose things can work out on short notice over there, but even this latest non-communication is hard to understand. Why are there always insinuations that a deal is done and then no official statement? Why now are the rollovers being considered as pay teams? If a new entity is buying the contest and changing the guaranteed grand prize to a lower amount, wouldn't those owners who rolled over their money be allowed to cash out if they wanted to? And is there enough time to even reach less loftier guaranteed prize levels after all that has happened?

I'm sure there are more questions than answers, but this uncertainty continues to keep many good owners in limbo. As I said above, there's like 1,000 fewer teams signed up for HSFF leagues now than there were last year. Hopefully this all gets cleared up quickly so that folks can get paid and commit to the contests they want to play in. Without the money, it's tough for these good owners. Without any information at all, it's even tougher for them to plan ahead, whether it's with them, us or someone else. It's frustrating for everyone. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like this before or anything handled this way before. Have you?

Sorry for wondering about this out loud, but with all the delays and everything involved with multiple owners and prize payouts, why wouldn't someone just start up a new contest with less baggage and debt rather than buy into this entity? I mean, someone could easily offer a $250,000 grand prize and solid league prizes much easier and months earlier with the same kind of risk, wouldn't you think? And all the rest (including baseball prizes) wouldn't have to be part of it, right? I guess our four and five letters are more valuable than I ever thought!!! Maybe that's good news for us in the biz.

Again, good luck everyone. I know so many of you are holding up your final plans until you know more and I hope you all get paid in full, but let's all move forward soon. It's time.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:24 pm

I have to admit that I'm surprised that anyone who rolled over money would do so willingly once again. Isn't that part of the reason why things spiraled so wildly out of control in the first place? I work in this industry but I'm also a long-time player and as a player my first order of business would be to get paid. I wouldn't want to be rolling over any money in the future considering what has transpired thus far. So that really does surprise me to hear people are still intending to do that. Should this transaction ever take place, hopefully the people who rolled over prize winnings will be given the option to receive all of that in cash immediately. I wouldn't settle for any other option if I was in that situation.

[ August 07, 2011, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich