What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm

This whole thing just FROSTS MY BUTT. :mad: I better quit typing and go to bed.

Edit - At least my Super team has padded its lead with 5 more points tonight thanks to dongs by Braun, Stanton, VMart, Lucroy, and pitching by my man Gio G. There, I snuck in a NFBC plug for you Greg.

[ August 15, 2011, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:51 pm

I hate to copy and paste posts from other boards, but Glenneration X has more inside info on this "deal" than any other player I know outside of Shawn. And he just posted this on the other boards:

"This was not the announcement that was supposed to come out today.
However since it's out now, it should be addressed now......by Dustin.

I really don't understand how he's not on the boards now. "
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
This whole thing just FROSTS MY BUTT. :mad: I better quit typing and go to bed. No Billy, the kickoff for the second half is just beginning!! Stick around.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 pm

The links to the satellites are now down. Would the last person out at the WCOFF please turn off the lights.

KOKID

Post by KOKID » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
quote:Originally posted by chriseibl:
Wow, just following the WCOFF situation from the outside and can't believe the message board.

Dustin posts "Draft Positions will be released this evening at approximately 7pm CST."

and "Guys -

We have ample space at the MGM Grand in our hotel room block. For those of you who have registered, you should be receiving a confirmation from the MGM Grand later this week or early next. We submit the updated hotel rooming list once a week to the MGM."

I can't believe they are pretending to go forward with this. It's like the Seinfeld episode where George invites Susan's parents to his house in the Hamptons. Which he doesn't have. To George's credit, he was willing to go the distance.
[/QUOTE]Dude I posted that clip from Youtube on the WCoFF message board about that EXACT episode. Great/warped minds think alike.

KO'd

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:48 pm

180 draft spots posted

An announcement that there would be be no other announcement tonight

Satellite signup page down (Is the WCOFF still using RT Sports)?

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 pm

wow,

i guess more people were not fooled into paying for this year.

i wonder if this 180 is the new money or just rolled over money?
its nice to be the master

KOKID

Post by KOKID » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:20 pm

I would suspect most of that is rolled over money and/or possibly MGM committments. I believe I read a post over there that said they had some sort of deal from MGM to provide 100 entries to the main event (I am assuming - dangerous to ever ass-ume anything I know) that, that means MGM was paying for 100 entries (employees maybe?). Who knows, maybe MGM has the sense not to do that though? If that is part of their 180 announced draft spots though that would only mean 80 rollovers/newly paid entry fees.

KO'd

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Jack,

If they cannot pay all of their winners, how can they pick and choose how much each player gets from the remaining cash on hand?

In English now and using the numbers below as an example with no knowledge of how many are actually owed or what amounts:

If 300 people are owed and there is say 50K left with over a million owed, shouldn't each player receive an amount equal to the percentage they are owed based on the overall numbers? Shouldn't this be done equitably? Why should folks who are owed a specific number, let's use 2k or less, be able to choose an option not available to someone who is owed $2001 dollars or more? That does not seem right to me?

[ August 16, 2011, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Silver and Black ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King