What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 am

KOKID: I have a better idea, if WCOFF management isn't going to use those boards to announce the status of the 2011 WCOFF then it should just take down the boards completely. It's no longer needed as a home for players who are owed thousands and thousands of dollars to vent about the mistreatment they've received over the last eight months. It should be used as a voice from management to the community right now to let players know that the contest isn't continuing in 2011 and that everything is being done to find an investor who can pay off their prizes ASAP even with no revenue coming in for the next year. And if that isn't being done, then it should be used to tell customers what the next step is for that entity, which is an obvious one.

There's a post on those boards that Dustin has told someone the contest can't be held and that an announcement will be on Monday. I don't trust hearsay anymore, but there's no reason for anyone to enjoy the weekend before making a formal announcement next week. The time for delay tactics is done. Players have moved on. They are making their plans and choices for 2011 football. They aren't waiting the next "24-48 hours" for an announcement that never comes. They've played that game and moved on. They've been burned too many times and now have to put their trust in other game operators or not play at all. Those message boards should come down as should the home page that continues to promise live drafts and a $300,000 grand prize. One entity can do that and one person can do that. It should be done now to stop this charade.

Ironically KO, in 2004 when the NFFC arrived as a competitor, Lenny didn't want anyone talking about the new contest and thus anytime someone typed in NFFC it came up ****. It was funny at the time and not a big deal to me. It's funny how this has come full circle now, although not funny at all. It's stupid all around and it's time to put an end to this so that the courts can do what they have to do to get people paid. That's all that's left. Oh, that and more banned posters. Good luck to you and may both remaining contests left for the customers prosper and restore the faith to the paying customers.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:13 am

KO'd, I read your story on the FFPC boards and found it a great testiment to the high stakes community. I completely understand your loyalty to that contest considering that story. If you ever get the chance to play here as well, I think you'll find the same sense of community that make some of these contests more than just contests. I personally play both the NFFC and FFPC and these communities are one of the reasons I've allowed this hobby to become an important part of my life. I hope one day you'll be able to add this contest to the games you play, I think you'd enjoy it.

As far as being banned from the WCOFF, I believe it's because of your association to the FFPC. True or not, I believe those associated with the WCOFF feel the FFPC and their most loyal players made it part of their agenda to "stir the pot" so to say when things started unraveling there. I think your posts there have been fair and balanced, but others may not feel the same. I never agree with the deleting of posts on any boards, though I agree at rare times it may be necessary. However I think one of the final agendas at the WCOFF is to do whatever they can to stem the tide of players that are going to the FFPC.

Good luck this year in all your leagues. If you're in any of mine, you'll need it.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:44 am

[ August 20, 2011, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:51 am

I think Snake just gave an example of "stirring the pot".

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:06 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I think Snake just gave an example of "stirring the pot". His post has been deleted and it's another example of why he is the only person ever banned from our boards. We don't allow hearsay BS statements like that to legally appear on our boards. It's a totally foolish and possibly libelous statement that the NFFC wants no part of. Jack, your response has been altered to make sure that quote doesn't appear.

Again, it's things like this that proves to people looking at this space that it's not a professional area. Kids still loving the Yankees over the Red Sox and fighting on stupid message boards over what team is better. There are TWO contests still standing. That's absurd. We should all be embarrassed that we've allowed this business to degenerate to where only two competitors still try to provide quality games. The absurd business plans of the other contests have defrauded customers of this great hobby and now customers want to carve it up even further?? How ABSURD. Play in both contests or play one and enjoy it. Don't go around message boards stirring up the pot for one over the other. Support the space in the way you can and let others make their own choices. That's the way I see it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Baker Boy

Post by Baker Boy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:01 am

There are only two HSFF contest left because only two contests paid their winners, There is always going to be competition, rivalry, and comparisons between the groups. As long as the comparisons center around differences in the contests such as the merits of KDS or double flex options I think that's fine. When you start comparing the differences in customers in the HSFF leagues I think it is ridiculous. The exact same type of people play in both contests. For example I've never seen a lot of homeless at any of these live drafts, My point is there are more differences in the contests than the people who play them. Sometimes people forget that.

Oh, and one other point. Dustin you lost your business not because your competition was unscrupulous or sent spies to your message board to sabotage it. You didn't pay your winners. Its that simple.

[ August 20, 2011, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Baker Boy ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 am

Originally posted by Baker Boy:
There are only two HSFF contest left because only two contests paid their winners, There is always going to be competition, rivalry, and comparisons between the groups. As long as the comparisons center around differences in the contests such as the merits of KDS or double flex options I think that's fine. When you start comparing the differences in customers in the HSFF leagues I think it is ridiculous. The exact same type of people play in both contests. For example I've never seen a lot of homeless at any of these live drafts, My point is there are more differences in the contests than the people who play them. Sometimes people forget that.

Oh, and one other point. Dustin you lost your business not because your competition was unscrupulous or sent spies to your message board to sabotage it. You didn't pay your winners. Its that simple. Good post Joe!

I of course play in both, and both have things I love, and both have things I would change. Unless I run my own contest (which I couldn't play in, so what is the point? ;) ), I will never have everything EXACTLY the way I want it.

However, both of these contests hit the bulls eye with customer service (listening to their customers), and fast payouts, and those are by far the two most important things you should demand of any contest you play in.

I personally LOVE adapting to 2 distinctly different formats....keeps me on my toes.

[ August 20, 2011, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:23 am

I hope that somebody has the sense to file the Wcoff into chapter 11 bankruptcy. I can't believe that with the amount of money owed that the players can't get together and afford a bankruptcy attorney. Form a creditor's committee and take over the Wcoff. If owners have paid themselves back from funds over the last year then you have the opportunity to bring all those payments back. Wipe out the owner's interest and give the company to the players. Find new financing to allow the Wcoff to offer the game in 2012. Set up a repayment schedule that permits the Wcoff to pay from any profits that are made. At some point, you can consider selling the company. There are things that can be done. I just don't see suing the Wcoff as a valid option. By the time any judgement is rendered, the asset and money, if any are left, will be long gone.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:40 am

with the way wcoff has handled the past 6 months, they are DOA. there are only 2 contests left and that's probably how's it going to stay for a while. both contests are great overall. currently there is no need for anyone to leave those contests

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
There are TWO contests still standing. That's absurd. We should all be embarrassed that we've allowed this business to degenerate to where only two competitors still try to provide quality games. The absurd business plans of the other contests have defrauded customers of this great hobby and now customers want to carve it up even further?? How ABSURD. Play in both contests or play one and enjoy it. Don't go around message boards stirring up the pot for one over the other. Support the space in the way you can and let others make their own choices. That's the way I see it. Greg, this statement is so true and got me thinking about 2009, my 1st year playing high stakes. That year I played in the NFFC, FFPC, WCOFF, FFOC, and AFFL. I even gave RapidDraft a whirl. It's hard for me to believe that just two years later, there's only two of these contests left standing. Maybe I'm the problem! :eek:
I might even believe that if I didn't miss out on the Fantasy Jungle debacle.