What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:30 am

Glenn, that was a great post you put up on the wcoff boards. Unfortunately it now looks like they have disabled replies and new posts. And yet, not a word from Dustin.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:35 am

Originally posted by 4D:
Glenn, that was a great post you put up on the wcoff boards. Unfortunately it now looks like they have disabled replies and new posts. And yet, not a word from Dustin. It's sad, I guess they disagreed with me.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:23 am

Yes the boards are going dark it appears as we lose the ability to post thread by thread. Sad times indeed.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

KOKID

Post by KOKID » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:37 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
KO'd, I read your story on the FFPC boards and found it a great testiment to the high stakes community. I completely understand your loyalty to that contest considering that story. If you ever get the chance to play here as well, I think you'll find the same sense of community that make some of these contests more than just contests. I personally play both the NFFC and FFPC and these communities are one of the reasons I've allowed this hobby to become an important part of my life. I hope one day you'll be able to add this contest to the games you play, I think you'd enjoy it.

As far as being banned from the WCOFF, I believe it's because of your association to the FFPC. True or not, I believe those associated with the WCOFF feel the FFPC and their most loyal players made it part of their agenda to "stir the pot" so to say when things started unraveling there. I think your posts there have been fair and balanced, but others may not feel the same. I never agree with the deleting of posts on any boards, though I agree at rare times it may be necessary. However I think one of the final agendas at the WCOFF is to do whatever they can to stem the tide of players that are going to the FFPC.

Good luck this year in all your leagues. If you're in any of mine, you'll need it. Glenn thanks for your reply sir and you are right...if I land in a league with you no doubt I will need luck!

My first love in the hsff realm was WCoFF played there for several years before the FFPC came into being...and have played in both contests for the last several seasons and have finished in the top 20 (#17 but who's counting ) in the WCoFF a few years ago...have had a lot more success at the WCoFF then I have at FFPC so that was still the contest I have the best/most comfortable feeling with...but I could see why they'd feel as though I was an FFPC man through and through I guess. At any rate, what is done is done and I have little doubt that come 2012 if the NFFC stays with a 12 team model that drafts on opening weekend that I will likely dip my toes into their contests too as it does sound like fun.

Best of luck to you Glenn and the NFFC as a contest as a whole as well.

KO'd

KOKID

Post by KOKID » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:07 am

Well at least I can once again log onto the WCoFF "message boards" such as they are under my original signon of KOKID...can't post or reply (no one can I think anymore) but it appears as though disabling the boards maybe re-enabled my signon...darn and I was just beginning to enjoy my new found bad ass personality too.

Maybe I have the honor of being one of the last folks to have been banned in the history of the WCoFF - good bar room trivia there folks.

Glenn - great post by you on the WCoFF boards sir and also an excellent post by TrunkMonkey too whoever they are.

KO'd

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:37 am

I can't reply to anything there either. I assume nobody can, but then again, I was up there promoting the NFFC and advertising the discount for those of us owed money that did not play NFFC last year. Maybe I am banned too....

Pete (still allowed here).

Paul Gromek

Post by Paul Gromek » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:59 am

I can't reply to anything either...the board has been locked down.

very sad

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:02 pm

The reality is that event has been DOA for months but perhaps we're seeing an actual beginning of the end.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Paul Gromek

Post by Paul Gromek » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:03 pm

I guess all that's left to play for in the WCOFB is pride, although like Tom said, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:07 pm

I think at this point the football participants know what's going on but it would be nice if something was sent to the baseball participants letting them know what's going on. I see no reason to expect that message to be sent anytime soon but it would be nice to see it happen.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich