Post by Sound Advice » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:28 am

May I present the pan pizza sliding scale for intercepts:
1st int -.9
2nd int -1.7
3rd int -2.8
4th int -4.2
5th int - free large Chicago pan pizza
6th int +7
7th int - free visit to the ER, or foot-long w-relish, whichever comes first.

BillyWaz

NFFC Signups Are Now Available

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
KJ my answer is yes. In your extreme example that QB probably spent most of the game on his ass and his yardage total would not have been worth more that a couple of points. Do you really want to create negative positions on the team(especially at the QB position). There are just too many varibles that contibute to an interception. Should we also penalize for dropped balls, missed tackles, etc. I do not think so. I want relish with my hot dog. More likely he's thrown for 300+ yds and ends up with decent pts anyway because his team is behind. If Greg changes the rule to -2 I will buy you a damn hot dog in Vegas! :D [/QUOTE]Greg buys ice cold, American and foreign beers and that's it!! I don't do hot dogs in Las Vegas, although I can understand the fetish for one!! :D
[/QUOTE]I'm liking Vegas already, although I can tell you that Tom was quite generous with the drink tickets in NYC!!! :D

As far as snacks, Chicago had soft pretzels and cheese in 2005 and they were GREAT!!!

Pretzels and beer go VERY well together!!! :D

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:07 am

Billy, let me help you out here. The first two years, the NFFC championships went to Vegas. The next two years, Chicago won the championships. Now if you want to go to Vegas to party, drink beer, and eat hot dogs, that's fine but the trend tells me NY or Orlando is where the next two championships are coming from.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 am

So, I guess this means no draft day hot dogs.
However Greg, I do remember at a certain Vegas draft while you were sitting at a table near me (hoping to draft a Packer)that you were pleased with the dogs, burgers, cookies and the referees (they were dressed like referees). So does this mean no referees as well?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:53 am

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
However Greg, I do remember at a certain Vegas draft while you were sitting at a table near me (hoping to draft a Packer)that you were pleased with the dogs, burgers, cookies and the referees (they were dressed like referees). So does this mean no referees as well? I need to call Jesse and and find out what temporary service he got the referees from. I'm all for adding referees this year in Las Vegas!! :D It was an EXCELLENT touch by the WCOFF.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:58 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
However Greg, I do remember at a certain Vegas draft while you were sitting at a table near me (hoping to draft a Packer)that you were pleased with the dogs, burgers, cookies and the referees (they were dressed like referees). So does this mean no referees as well? I need to call Jesse and and find out what temporary service he got the referees from. I'm all for adding referees this year in Las Vegas!! :D It was an EXCELLENT touch by the WCOFF.
[/QUOTE]Yeah I saw some pictures on their website of those referees. Nice. :D

Get to work on this Greg!!!!
Bauler Shot Caller

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
I'm not sure why we are considering screwing around with the points for any position unless we are trying to enhance a position that is too weak or out of balance. The existing points format works well. Whether its -1 or -2, whether or not the interception is the receivers fault, the Ols fault or my fault for drafting the wrong QB the difference (most of the time) is like shooting an elephant in the ass with a sling shot. The only thing that we accomplish by increasing the QBs negative points is to make a bad QB worse. We do not need this change. I am all for a housekeeping change like suggestion #1 that tightens up procedures. I am still looking for the rule change that adds "foot long hot dogs" on draft day. Great post Mike.

Why not just make TD's 5 points and leave INT's as -1?
Simple scoring.

I have another ? on this rule change as well.

Does it increase the value of certain QBs but decrease the value of others? If so doesn't that alter draft theories (again) and effectively create an imbalance in a positions value? So now it won't be if you own a Top 8 QB, it will be do you own a Top 4 QB? I haven't run any numbers on it, I'm going off the scoring for QBs as it would have changed post I saw.

If the rule is -2 then you are altering the value within the QB group, some guys throw less INTs than others for a number of reasons, other guys are INT machines. QBs have always hung around as a fairly equal group below the Top performers, making the drafting one of two chices:
1-Get a guy like P Manning et al or
2-Wait and get a decent guy like E. Manning or Hasslebeck.

Now you may have
1-Get a P. Manning et al.

2-Everyone else

That's kind of messing with the draft again IMO.

3'

[ January 11, 2008, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]