Week 11 Thoughts

da bears

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:28 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Good stuff as always Tom. :cool:

Yep another disapointing game by Cutler and the Bears. At this point I hope the Bears lose out and finish 4-12 so they can get a better draft pick and of course bring in a new coach.The Bears have already traded away both their 1st AND 2nd round picks in the 2010 draft. The 1st rounder was part of the Cutler deal, while the 2nd rounder was sent away for Gaines Adams.

You may be right about the coaching change, though! :D
[/QUOTE]Oh yeah I forgot about that Glenn. Well at least they will have a earlier third round pick. :D
Bauler Shot Caller

da bears

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:33 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The Bears need a lot of help but they need to improve the offensive line and somehow they need to find a legitimate No. 1 WR. I don't think it's a coincidence that Cutler's best season to date came when he was working with Brandon Marshall. Right now he has three No. 3s and that's not helping him. There are a lot of things Cutler obviously needs to improve upon but Chicago's WR corps is highly suspect. Yep agreed Tom. The offensive line does stink but part of the blame goes on Forte also. I think Forte must be hurt or something because he doesn't look anything like last year. Heck that Bell guy looked better than Forte last night running the ball.

Of course Forte could be another one-year wonder which the Bears have seen alot lately at running back over the past 15 years. (of course until they go to a different team like Benson and Jones recently).

[ November 23, 2009, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

BillyWaz

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:40 am

Originally posted by Renman:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
-Regarding that game, I am only going by a couple views... and I did not see a thing in the media since.. but on first glance, I can't believe they called pass interference on a hailmary that was picked off clean. Seemed like an epic bad call to me.
On first glance, I can see why you would say that, but the penalty was on the guy who practically tackled the WR in the end zone before the INT was made.

At least that is the way I saw it.

Major balls for Stafford. Orton has them too, but Stafford is a WINNER! :D
[/QUOTE]Yes, I know the call was on the DB who hit the WR behind the INT. I am just saying there has always seemingly been an unwritten rule that you don't call pass interference on a jump ball hail mary in that situation. The team is in a desperation mode because they are losing and should not be rewarded on some gimmick play where there is always body contact and pass interference.
[/QUOTE]There is a difference between "mild contact" and what I saw. He was clobbered.

By the way, I could care less who won the game, just voicing my opinion.

renman

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by renman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:47 am

Billy,

You might be right. I only saw it from across a sports bar (though it was in HD!) and maybe one replay. I am just saying that I have seen players practically get sodomized on plays like that and no flag is thrown... it is especially surprising to me when another player IN FRONT OF THE PLAY makes a clean interception.

It reminds me of when a WR runs a slant and the CB trying to cover him gets called for PI when he simply has his hand on his back as he tries to reach around to knock the ball away... they call interference all the time.... UNLESS he bats the ball away clean with his other hand then they never call it.

I am just surprised it got called but if no one is saying anything about it maybe I was wrong.

ps. We are spoiled Steeler fans not used to watching them lose games like they have of late. I think this team is good enough to beat anyone at any time .. or lose to anyone at any time. Weird team.

kingraiders

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by kingraiders » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Good stuff from another crazy week in the nfl. I'll join the bitter ranks on the Steeler outcome, as it knocked me out of my Survivor League. I can't believe that the champs can lose to a Bowe-less KC squad in a game that they really needed. Oh well, now just fantasy leagues to occupy my season. :rolleyes:

Bears are a complete letdown for the entire city & Bear Nation. The silver lining of the losses, hopefully will bring a cleaning house of Angelo, Lovie, & the staff. It was a ridiculous plan to give up all they did for Cutler, only to surround him with a horrific ragtag line, and his starting WRs consisting of a converted DB, and two guys who had ZERO catches in the NFL. Unfortunately McKaskey's have had a long history of trying to get by on the cheap. So sadly they probably will not clear house with $$ owed to Lovie/Angelo. Ron Turner will probably be the scapegoat--though he's horrid. But the net result may be a cheap OC next year, who better be renting, and then a new administration in 2011. If the Bears continue to go down as they have, however, the public outcry may be too overwhelming for the McKaskey's (one can only pray).

PS: That Hester moon replay was freakin hilarious.

Glenneration X

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Welcome back Megatron.

....or not.

He's already supposedly doubtful for this Thursday's game.....which would be a huge blow for me in another contest.....
Typical this season.

Glenn

renman

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by renman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:12 pm

amazing how good Vince Young looks of late...

The Franchise

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by The Franchise » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Not anymore... :D
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

BillyWaz

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Serves him right.

I'm sick of QB's "crying" to the refs for everything. He got shoved a bit, and was looking for a penalty.

Don't get your panties dirty on the next drive, you big p****!

Samlawyer

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Samlawyer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:33 am

Chris Johnson=2010 Number 1 Draft Pick IMO. Since Barry Sanders, I don't think there's been a back that left me thinking he could break a long one on every single handoff.

As for CJ v. AP, last night proved that CJ carries a much bigger portion of the TEN offense every game. That leads to more fantasy points . . . until he breaks down from overload in 2011.