Site issues/questions

renman

Site issues/questions

Post by renman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 am

Obviously we have a thread going now about the live scoring issues from week one. For those who have been part of the NFFC in the past, this is a new system. Though many here are very comfortable with computers (if not experts) some of us have very limited computer knowledge or skills and it can make this entire thing unsettling. It can even make a player feel like he is at a disadvantage.

Maybe this thread can be for general questions, feedback, or even requests for the game operators.

Here is my first question.

In the past with the NFFC I could click something to view my lineup (and player matchups) for the following or even future weeks. This was helpful in working ahead with my roster. Even in week 2 I could click my lineup for week 8 and see my matchups, bye week issues, etc. I not only found that helpful, but enjoyable. Here it is on Tuesday, I am looking to set my lineup for next week (and look for match ups while also looking at what free agents I may want to pursue) and unless I am missing something I can't do it like in the past.

I can't seem to set my lineup for next week (or even weeks 3,4 and beyond) nor can I look at free agents or even how the free agent bidding page is going to look/function. It says it is "locked." I believe in the past I could access it immediately.

Am I missing something (very possible)?

[ September 14, 2010, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Tom Kessenich

Site issues/questions

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 am

James,

1. I'll contact our programmers about setting lineups for beyond the upcoming week.

2. Free agency is working now. It was not turned on until all of the Week 1 games were complete. With Week 1 in the books, everyone can begin bidding on free agents.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TradeStar28

Site issues/questions

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 am

Overall standings?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Admiral

Site issues/questions

Post by Admiral » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:24 am

How does the free agent bidding work in the new system? How are contingent bids made, does one have to have a separate claims list for each bid? I am not sure how it works.

renman

Site issues/questions

Post by renman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 am

Tom,

Thanks for the info. I see lineups are now available. Unfortunately, as I click on transactions I continue to get an error message that locks up the screen. I obviously can wait to make bids but wanted to see how the page looks and how the system works.

Ry's Guys

Site issues/questions

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:46 am

Guys I just found something that should be changed.

When you are looking at free agents there is not a Fantasy Points category. Sure I can add up the yards,rec.,tds but I think this should be on this page.

Also something that may or may not be there is a pull down with all the seperate weeks. Say it's week 8 and you need a TE and you want to see what said player did in week 6 or week 7. Last year this function was available, it may be installed to start working after week 2 but if it isn't please add this as it is quite helpful.

One more thing if it is possible. While looking at free agents you should be able to click on the player and see his profile with this years stats and schedule.
Thanks!

Good thread Renman! Hopefully people do put their ideas,suggestions and reminders here!

[ September 14, 2010, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Bullgod ]
Pat Sorge

Tom Kessenich

Site issues/questions

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:48 am

James, what error message are you receiving? Copy and paste it and email it to me please.

As far as Conditional Bids, here's the process.

1. If you create a new list, just keep clicking players without saving.

2. If you have a pre-existing list, click "EDIT" and then click on players in the list below.

I just went in and made moves for the Magazine Auction league and it was very easy. Any questions let me know.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Site issues/questions

Post by mattjb » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 am

the overall standings are now up.

Oaktown

Site issues/questions

Post by Oaktown » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:01 am

Does the FA page where we bid really not list fantasy points as a category?

mattjb

Site issues/questions

Post by mattjb » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:06 am

Free Agents are for some reason available in two places.

if you go stats>free agents the fantasy points are there.