Draft Champs Auct! Aug 19th. 8 est. $125 entry

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:30 am

man, I can't believe Carson Palmer's out for the year...

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:33 pm

nice job everyone.

looking over the rosters, no team is jumping out at me as a clear cut favorite.

[ August 19, 2009, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:30 pm

i told myself to be consevative, i don't listen to myself very well..

$39 each on gore and CJ, then $22 on rivers...i had $100 for 23 players..it was a struggle..but loads of fun

bill

lycanthrope

Post by lycanthrope » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 pm

You're telling me about not being conservative. $114 for MJD, Calvin and A Rogers. I hope my 1$ picks come through for me or I am in trouble. Just glad I don't have to make any lineup decisions. ;>)

Disposable Heroes

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:42 am

Here's my team - please critique

QB

Palmer
Delhomme
Pennington

RB:

Barber
Felix Jones
Willie Parker
Reggie Bush
Michael Bush
Julius Jones
LeRon McClain

WR

Roy Williams
Kevin Walter
Coles
Josh Morgan
Hixon
Muhsin Muhammad
Laurent Robinson
Malcom Kelly
Demetrius Williams

TE

Gonzalez
Gates

PK

Janikowski
Prater

DEF

Seattle
Dallas
KC

I stayed up late last night looking through all of the teams and I really like Billy's, Bob's and GG's team a lot. Most people like their own teams so I'll throw mine in the mix also. :D

Thanks again Pete for setting up this auction! We finished in about 3.5 hours and it went off without a single problem. (other than a couple of my players went too high and I missed them.)

Wayne

[ August 20, 2009, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 am

Originally posted by kentuckyreign:
i told myself to be consevative, i don't listen to myself very well..

$39 each on gore and CJ, then $22 on rivers...i had $100 for 23 players..it was a struggle..but loads of fun

bill I also was loose with the dollars early. I spent way too much early in the auction, didn't make up for it by being conservative in the middle of the auction, and ended up with something like thirteen $1 players. It's a pretty empty feeling when you see some of the sleepers you like be put up for $1, noone else bid on him, yet you don't even have that extra buck to make him yours. That happened to me only about 20 times. It also sucks when you're down to $1 per player, put up a crappy K or 2nd rate QB just to fill the spot, yet see someone else bid him up to $2 causing you to not only lose the player but also to wait for 14 more players to be put up by others before you can throw out another $1 prayer. That also seemed to happen to me about 20 times.

If this wasn't a DC, I would be happier with my squad. However, in this format my lack of depth will almost definitely be my undoing.

Even with my undoing, the auction was a tremendous amount of fun. The website was great, the bidding added a lot to the draft experience, and I would definitely do it again.....only hopefully better.

Great job yesterday everyone & thanks Pete for putting together this league.

Glenn

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:34 am

Man, you want some extreme fun…try an auction on the ESPN site. I gotta say it’s 9.5 out of 10 stars!!

We just did a 364 player auction in around 3 hours. Their software is silky smooth and the ONLY hiccup I experienced was once the time between the “Going twice” and “Sold” was almost instantaneous. Other than that, hands down, the best auction software I’VE EVER USED.

As for how I did during the auction…so, so. With a newborn, 6 baseball teams to manage and a full-time job, it’s very difficult to break free and “prep” for football. Up until this point I’ve put in less than 5 hours. 1 hour on QB’s. 1.5 hour on RB’s. 1 hour thinking about strategy. 1 hour looking through magazines/websites and watching sportcenter highlights. I’ve done zero prep on wr, te, k, d/st. I would certainly like to win money in this auction, but my real goal was to jump start my “prep”! It must have worked because I’d do another one of these next week (after I do some more prep).

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
Man, you want some extreme fun…try an auction on the ESPN site. I gotta say it’s 9.5 out of 10 stars!!

We just did a 364 player auction in around 3 hours. Their software is silky smooth and the ONLY hiccup I experienced was once the time between the “Going twice” and “Sold” was almost instantaneous. Other than that, hands down, the best auction software I’VE EVER USED.

As for how I did during the auction…so, so. With a newborn, 6 baseball teams to manage and a full-time job, it’s very difficult to break free and “prep” for football. Up until this point I’ve put in less than 5 hours. 1 hour on QB’s. 1.5 hour on RB’s. 1 hour thinking about strategy. 1 hour looking through magazines/websites and watching sportcenter highlights. I’ve done zero prep on wr, te, k, d/st. I would certainly like to win money in this auction, but my real goal was to jump start my “prep”! It must have worked because I’d do another one of these next week (after I do some more prep). I'm glad to hear that the ESPN auction site worked well and that everyone had fun. I felt the same way after we hosted the Magazine Auction League: That site kicked ass and I wanted to do another auction right afterwards. It's fun and the software is light years better than past ones. We'll likely host more auction leagues next year starting with baseball because the technology is now there for all of us to use.

Good luck all in this one. Glad it worked out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:36 am

totally agree with all that has been said about the ESPN auction site. like GG said, you can't wait till the last second to bid, you're too late, he'll be gone. like i've said in a previous thread, if it get's down to the end and everybody's taking $1 players, you're queue had better be full. IT GOES QUICK, SUPERQUICK. as for my team, i'm happy with the CORE of players selected, but i'll lack the depth to compete, i'm sure.

my core

p rivers
f gore
c johnson
a bryant
b edwards
l moore
b sciafe/s heiden/r royal
GIANTS
rackers/folk
f taylor

either way, IT SURE IS FUN TO DO THE AUCTIONS.

bill

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:18 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I'm glad to hear that the ESPN auction site worked well and that everyone had fun. I felt the same way after we hosted the Magazine Auction League: That site kicked ass and I wanted to do another auction right afterwards. It's fun and the software is light years better than past ones. We'll likely host more auction leagues next year starting with baseball because the technology is now there for all of us to use.

Good luck all in this one. Glad it worked out. looking forward to future football and baseball auctions! :cool: