I'll Chat Live Friday At 2 p.m. ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:02 am

Originally posted by Phat Bustards:
Tom,

There was a lot of talk about this is the year to take two (three?) WR first then worry about RB. Did you feel that way and if so, do you still think it would have been a wise strategy (accepting of course how early it still is)? OK, let's officially kick off the chat.

I think this idea works if you can hit on good to great RBs later. So I don't think anything has really changed. If you drafted a couple of stud WRs early and landed someone like McGahee you're looking pretty good. But it all depends on whether you can land a quality RB. If you aren't able to, you're going to be scrambling at that position.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:04 am

Tom,

Earlier you mention AP and MDJ were you one and two. Where would you place Chris Johnson on you list of top RB especially looking forward to his facing middling to weak run defenses looking forward like Jacksonville (2), Buffalo, Indy (2), Green Bay, San Diego, St. Louis, Carolina, TB, and Houston? I'd rank Chris Johnson third. I had him fifth going into the season. I liked him a lot and maybe more than a lot of other people did. Given Forte's struggles, I'd put Johnson third if I had to draft again today.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

botherk

Post by botherk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:08 am

Has it been business as usual under new ownership?

What are the differences from old ownership for you?
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:11 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
Has it been business as usual under new ownership?

What are the differences from old ownership for you? It's business as usual for the most part. Whatever changes there are have been positive. We're with a much more aggressive company and one that believes in what we're doing and what we can accomplish going forward. That's very exciting for Greg and myself. It's good to know that we are now working for people who not only want to grow our business but appreciate the work that goes into everything we do and have done.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 am

Is it me, or is this the year of the TE? I do not think I have ever seen so many guys that can not only not hurt, but help your team. Do you ever think the Giants will ever be able to let Boss get out into some patterns, or is he doomed to be the sixth OL man this year?
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:20 am

Is it me, or is this the year of the TE? I do not think I have ever seen so many guys that can not only not hurt, but help your team. Do you ever think the Giants will ever be able to let Boss get out into some patterns, or is he doomed to be the sixth OL man this year? Sounds like the Giants want to get Boss more involved this week. We'll see. I think the emergence of Smith and Manningham has lessened the need for Boss.

As far as the position overall, I thought there was more depth this season but it's been even better. Brent Celek has emerged as a stud and that's been a huge reason why given his ADP. There certainly are more worthy options than in recent years and that lessens the importance of drafting a stud early. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and how it impacts drafts next season. I know my strategy this year was to hold off on the position and that enabled me to land guys like Daniels, Cooley and Olsen later than the stud TEs were going.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:07 am

DOUGH - yes, obviously a die-hard Cowboy fan here, as well as a big Earl Campbell fan.

As a kid, I only had two non Cowboy posters, and they were Campbell and Sweetness! Otherwise my walls were covered floor to ceiling with Staubachs, Dorsetts, The Manster, Too-Tall, Harvey, Pearson, White, Cheerleaders, etc..

I thought of both backs but ultimately would always have to go with Emmitt as my answer for all-time RB from the 3 yard line. He is the record holder for TD's after all, next I'd go with the man he passed, Walter Payton.

botherk

Post by botherk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:41 pm

1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Gale Sayers
4. Walter Payton
5. Earl Campbell
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Gale Sayers
4. Walter Payton
5. Earl Campbell Nice list, just switch Payton with Sanders.
Wait where is Allen or Bo? :D

John