Hardesty

renman

Hardesty

Post by renman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Bulldog,

You are 100% right. What happens with the Hardesty/Harrison thing is an example of the luck factor in fantasy. I will certainly take some players who back up guys I believe could get hurt. But if those guys get hurt I got lucky. I actually targeted Harrison in my draft but someone reached to get him early. Eventually we got to a point in the draft where taking a shot on Hardesty became a worthy gamble. He got his knee blown up like countless guys do. That particular injury (in my opinion) has zero to do with how injury prone someone is. If you can predict ACL blowouts, I would like your prediction on the guy who will get the next one. If you and Mattjb can predict the next player to tear an ACL I will be very impressed... lol

This is one of the negatives about drafting significantly before the season starts. Not only will I not spend a pick on Hardesty, but I can't get Harrison at value either like you did!

I will not be in Vegas though every year I talk about going out there. I will be drafting in NYC again. I assume you will be in Vegas. Enjoy the scenery if you know what I mean. Best of luck!

rkulaski

Hardesty

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Renman,

We had our debate over LT last year but got to agree with you here. I think for where Hardesty was being drafted, he was well worth the risk. The knee he injured was actually the good knee and ACL injuries can happen to anyone if they're in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think Hardesty was going to take that job, get the majority of the carries, and be the goal line back. Unfortunate for hardesty owners. (and no, I do not own him anywhere so no sour grapes here).

Ry's Guys

Hardesty

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Renman,

I agree with your position also...if Hardesty was there in the 10th the last 2 nights I would've grabbed him. My personal opinion was I thought Harrison was the better shot to get more opportunity.

I don't want to jinx anyone but someone could blow an ACL out getting off the elevator tomorrow before the draft in Vegas!!! :D :D :D
Again I wasn't saying anyones point was incorrect...as you said this is where some of the luck comes in.
With that being said good luck tomorrow and may all your skill players keep their limbs intact til week 17!!!
Pat Sorge

renman

Hardesty

Post by renman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:28 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Renman,

We had our debate over LT last year but got to agree with you here. I think for where Hardesty was being drafted, he was well worth the risk. The knee he injured was actually the good knee and ACL injuries can happen to anyone if they're in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think Hardesty was going to take that job, get the majority of the carries, and be the goal line back. Unfortunate for hardesty owners. (and no, I do not own him anywhere so no sour grapes here). I am horrible about remembering usernames here. I know many people debated me on the LT thing last year. So I can't remember if you attacked me like some people did for daring to have the opinion that LT was in a bad situation...lol I argued that he wasn't "done" and would have "value" the remainder of last season (which was proven accurate) and that his drop in productivity was more connected to things out of his control than his obvious loss of a step from when he was 24. Some people took that viewpoint and invented that I was saying LT 2009 is as good as LT 2003, which I never was saying.

I find it interesting now listening to all the "experts" and pundits saying "wow, LT seems to have something left!" and "wow, LT looks amazing with great burst and balance..." It is word for word exactly what I expect would be said the following season when he caught on with someone else and was in a better situation.

We obviously agree on the Hardesty thing. The kid was VERY talented and the organization was very high on him. He also was doing everything right off the field in terms of rehabbing, being in shape, learning the playbook, understanding pass protection. He was a camp star and had really impressed the coaching staff leading up to that game. He even looked great in that game prior to the injury.

He blew his knee out and it is an unfortunate bad break. Both for him and fantasy owners who (in my opinion) were smart to take him outside the 7th round. He was moving up draft boards and cheatsheets very fast the week of his injury.

Until someone can accurately predict who the next guy will be to get an ACL tear, it rings pretty hollow when Monday morning quarterbacking results in the "I knew to avoid him because of his injury history..." stuff. 90% of the guys in pro football have some kind of injury history...lol

Torn ACL's have nothing to do with injury history and everything to do with bad luck and a violent sport.

Just one mans opinion.

Raiders

Hardesty

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:31 am

Hardesty out for the season? Who know? :D

mattjb

Hardesty

Post by mattjb » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:34 am

not the guy who just drafted him in my online draft...

Raiders

Hardesty

Post by Raiders » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
not the guy who just drafted him in my online draft... Is his first name Todd or Seth? :rolleyes:

[ September 05, 2010, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]