David Dodds & Joe Bryant Competing In The Online Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Greg and I have been adamant that the best way for the high-stakes industry to emerge from the mess created by the WCOFF debacle is for the remaining contests to work together to grow the audience. With that in mind, David Dodds and Joe Bryant of Footballguys.com are joining us for three teams in our Online Championship. David, Joe and Clayton Gray will each be drafting a team in our event. Meanwhile, Greg and I will be taking three teams in the FFPC Online Championship as well.

While we are competitors with FFPC, Greg and I hope something like this can show everyone that competitors don't need to be cut-throat. We can work together and help the entire industry prosper. As the two high-stakes football events left standing, it's our responsibility to ensure fantasy players have great and secure games to play. We obviously have that here as the longest-running high-stakes event in the industry and FFPC clearly has that as well.

So we'd like to welcome David, Joe and Clayton to the NFFC. We hope you enjoy the season with us.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 am

This is good to hear!! Good, friendly competition is great for everyone.

Wayne

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:17 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne I agree. When I first joined this space, all the contest providers seemed to play in each other's contests. I thought that was awesome. Well outside of the fact that some of them are really good players and who needs even more competition.

However, there was something about seeing all the contest providers play in other contests that reminded us that they are players first, providers second. It also reminded us that the high stakes community can be one community instead of warring factions of players loyal to one or the other.

Hey, I understand business and the competition for market share. Still, it's kind of amazing how much has changed in just a couple years. Hopefully this is a first step in getting back to where it was then.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:25 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne I agree. When I first joined this space, all the contest providers seemed to play in each other's contests. I thought that was awesome. Well outside of the fact that some of them are really good players and who needs even more competition.

However, there was something about seeing all the contest providers play in other contests that reminded us that they are players first, providers second. It also reminded us that the high stakes community can be one community instead of warring factions of players loyal to one or the other.

Hey, I understand business and the competition for market share. Still, it's kind of amazing how much has changed in just a couple years. Hopefully this is a first step in getting back to where it was then.
[/QUOTE]I don't know about this goodwill sh*t, Tom and I are out to win $100,000!!! :D We're going to kick some a** over there without taking a tight end until the 16th round!!! :D Tough titties about 1.5 points per catch, we're loading up on RBs and WRs and taking prisoners later baby!! :D

You're right Glenn, all of us game operators were players first and those who remembered how they wanted to be treated learn to treat their customers the same way. David Dodds actually initiated this and I was happy to agree. We both want to compete anyway and someone just needed to break the ice and say "we're in. Where do we sign up." The next email was, "well hell, then I want to play and win yours." Now we just need to find time to play in the next week, but we're IN IT TO WIN IT!!! And I've already requested that Dave Gerczak present us the check for the photo op in beautiful Appleton, Wisconsin come next January!!! :D I paid him $100,000 once, it's only fair that he reciprocate with me.

There, I hope you can see the industry is mending already. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:38 am

Ditto what Wayne says. Wayne is my hero. I can only hope to be as good as he is. ;) ;)

I don't think it does any good to knock down the other site. I have no problems discussing the differences and why a player would choose one over the other. But to make ridiculous comments about other high stake fantasy players that may play at the other contest is going far overboard.

I think I speak for a lot of players when I say that we want both contests to survive and grow. We would prefer that it happen in an atmosphere like what has been started here.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 am

I have put in my request to draft in tonight's FFPC league at 7 pm ET. Hopefully, it won't be rejected.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Syracuse Slappers

Post by Syracuse Slappers » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 am

[/qb][/QUOTE]I don't know about this goodwill sh*t, Tom and I are out to win $100,000!!! :D We're going to kick some a** over there without taking a tight end until the 16th round!!! :D Tough titties about 1.5 points per catch, we're loading up on RBs and WRs and taking prisoners later baby!! :D [/QB][/quote]

I want to be in Gregs league :D . Lol

[ August 22, 2011, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Syracuse Slappers ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 am

Originally posted by Syracuse Slappers:
I don't know about this goodwill sh*t, Tom and I are out to win $100,000!!! :D We're going to kick some a** over there without taking a tight end until the 16th round!!! :D Tough titties about 1.5 points per catch, we're loading up on RBs and WRs and taking prisoners later baby!! :D [/quote]

I want to be in Gregs league :D . Lol [/quote]

I'm going to draft next Sunday night John. Take your best shot at me!! :D Should be fun.

[ August 22, 2011, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:02 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Syracuse Slappers:
I don't know about this goodwill sh*t, Tom and I are out to win $100,000!!! :D We're going to kick some a** over there without taking a tight end until the 16th round!!! :D Tough titties about 1.5 points per catch, we're loading up on RBs and WRs and taking prisoners later baby!! :D [/QUOTE]I want to be in Gregs league :D . Lol [/quote]

I'm going to draft next Sunday night John. Take your best shot at me!! :D Should be fun.
[/quote]

What time???? Easy money.

[ August 22, 2011, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:08 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Syracuse Slappers:
I don't know about this goodwill sh*t, Tom and I are out to win $100,000!!! :D We're going to kick some a** over there without taking a tight end until the 16th round!!! :D Tough titties about 1.5 points per catch, we're loading up on RBs and WRs and taking prisoners later baby!! :D [/QUOTE]I want to be in Gregs league :D . Lol [/QUOTE]I'm going to draft next Sunday night John. Take your best shot at me!! :D Should be fun. [/quote]

What time???? Easy money.
[/quote]

7 pm EST!!! Come and get me big talker!!! :D And remember, no TE early for me!! :D