Schedule Opponents vs. All-Play

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:24 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
When I say "fairness", I mean what is the fairest mix between luck and skill. IMO that is probably Victory Points.

But again, VP will not happen here so the point is moot. All mixes are 'fair' - some are more or less desirable based on how much luck you prefer.

Again, it's like saying checkers is less 'fair' than chess. Chess is obviously a better test of skill, but checkers is 100% fair.

I guess I'm just nuts, because I have said this same thing to several friends including Wayne who look at me like I'm speaking a different language. :confused:

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39 am

No doubt this thread on All Play will get as tired as previous ones, but with the system the way it is now which gets teams with the best H2H records AND total points into League Playoffs and Championship round, I don't understand the continued votes for All Play which is really just a form of total points and eliminates the flavor of weekly matchups.

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:47 am

I don't want all-play and started this by throwing out that there is more to H2H than many think.

I keep going because I don't want the word 'fair' used in this and a lot of other debates because (1) it's wrong and (2) it states that those on the other side are for a less 'fair' system.

Bob

[ October 03, 2009, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Bob Squad ]
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:23 am

Originally posted by Bob Squad:
I don't want all-play and started this by throwing out that there is more to H2H than many think.

I keep going because I don't want the word 'fair' used in this and a lot of other debates because (1) it's wrong and (2) it states that those on the other side are for a less 'fair' system.

Bob Fair enough! :D :D

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:29 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Squad:

Bob Fair enough! :D :D
[/QUOTE]Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!

Wayne