Marshawn Lynch Has Been Traded ...

Old School

Post by Old School » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:48 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Not my style Frank. You're assuming Spiller will outperform Jackson. It could happen but again the Bills' coaches really don't want to overload him. They believe they did that before Week 1 and Spiller wasn't ready. I do think Spiller's value will be stronger later in the season but right now I think Jackson's value rises and perhaps significantly. Don't forget, Jackson has also shown he can handle third-down duties so he's no slouch as a receiver. This "overloading" thing is just another stupid Buffalo coaching thing. How many top ten RB's have we seen over the years get alot of opportunity in their first year? Many.

The Bills spent a top ten pick on a difference-maker - let him try and make a difference!
[/QUOTE]Amen Jack!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 am

Originally posted by GK:
...NO to Spiller and YEAH to FJAX (as a 2-time out of 3 league PATIENT owner)! ...sorry for the selfish rejoicing ...it's about freakin' time!...GK just my opinion snake ( which dont amount to much...lol )but ride jax now cause the ride is over soon. you dont let a high draft pick sit on the bench.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Long time Bills fan here and yeah they definitely have their heads up you know where. It made no sense at all to draft Spiller that high and not use him. They have many more glaring needs than RB. Its really hard to figure out the mentality of the people who make decisions in Buff. The Bills are unwatchable this year besides the pats game. Not to mention making lynch the 3rd least talented back the starter for 3 weeks. I love my Bills but usually lose interest in their games by halftime. Its ugly!!! Is their a worst franchise right now?

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:27 am

Keep in mind that Pete Carroll has up close experience with Lynch from having to play against him in the PAC-10 every year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 am

The funny thing here (well not so funny if you're a Packers fan) is Marshawn Lynch was Ted Thompson's No. 1 target in the 2007 draft. The Bills took him before it got to Green Bay's pick in the first round but Lynch was the guy Thompson wanted.

Why is that funny? Well three years ago Thompson was prepared to spend a first-round pick on Lynch. Three years later with his team BADLY needing a RB in order to achieve their Super Bowl aspirations he decided that spending a third-round pick (which if my math is correct is two rounds lower than the first round) was too hefty a price to pay to get Lynch.

I'm sure that makes perfect sense to Ted Thompson. The rest of us who actually reside on planet Earth will simply shake our heads in dismay.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:18 am

Tom,

Do you think that Lynch's "off field" issues since he has come into the NFL (didn't he hit someone with his car???) have come into play when Ted Thompson was making his decision?

Although Nick Collins could use someone who "has his back", there might only be room for one thug (or a couple) in GB?

In all seriousness, I am totally with you on this. Makes no sense, as the GB running game is atrocious.

As for Buffalo, I agree that F-Jax will lead the team in carries, but fantasy points will definitely be in favor of Spiller in the long haul.

This guy needs about 15 touches a game, and the fact that he can take it to the house on any touch, makes him much more valuable than Jackson in fantasy. Looking forward to seeing how they use Spiller this week in a tasty matchup with the Jags!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:24 am

I don't know if they did Billy but even if they did I'd still compare Thompson's passive approach to his mentor, Ron Wolf. Wolf traded for Keith Jackson when the team didn't even need a TE and stuck to his guns despite the fact Jackson held out for most of his first year in Green Bay and refused to play for the Packers.

Perhaps the best analogy to the current Green Bay situation was in 1996 when the Packers were hit hard by injuries at WR. So Wolf brought in Andre Rison, who had been released by the Browns. As most may recall, Rison was hardly a choir boy. He had his share of issues but Wolf and Mike Holmgren realized they badly needed a legit WR to get them to the Super Bowl. So Wolf acted quickly and the team went on to win the Super Bowl.

This is one of the many reasons why I believe Wolf was the NFL's best GM of the 90s. Ted Thompson can't carry Wolf's jock and his passive approach may now prevent the Packers from getting to the Super Bowl in a wide open NFC.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:39 am

Charles Woodson was on the Jim Rome Show today and it's safe to say based on the quote below he not only doesn't agree with what Thompson did (or didn't do to be more specific) but this is hardly a rousing endorsement for Jackson and Kuhn:

"I thought with the way things shaked out with our team it would be a logical thing to do to get another big-time back like Marshawn Lynch. And it didn't pan out," Woodson said. "For players, there's nothing you can do but go out there and play football with the guys you've got."
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:03 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Tom,

Do you think that Lynch's "off field" issues since he has come into the NFL (didn't he hit someone with his car???) have come into play when Ted Thompson was making his decision?

Although Nick Collins could use someone who "has his back", there might only be room for one thug (or a couple) in GB?

In all seriousness, I am totally with you on this. Makes no sense, as the GB running game is atrocious.

As for Buffalo, I agree that F-Jax will lead the team in carries, but fantasy points will definitely be in favor of Spiller in the long haul.

This guy needs about 15 touches a game, and the fact that he can take it to the house on any touch, makes him much more valuable than Jackson in fantasy. Looking forward to seeing how they use Spiller this week in a tasty matchup with the Jags!! Me too Billy. I'll be watching that game of DTV.
Why else would someone watch the Bills though ??? :eek: