FAAB: D.Ward $995

chris schinker

Post by chris schinker » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:27 am

Greg, your unbiased fair decision was right by everyone even if some don't know it.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:30 am

Couple of points:

(1) To the fun-wreckers:

(a) Please use common sense
(b) Don't use ridiculous counter-examples
(c) Ask yourselves, if you had inadvertantly waived your 1st round pick, would you want him back on your team?

(2) What do any of the last 12 pages have to do with Derrick Ward?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:37 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

(2) What do any of the last 12 pages have to do with Derrick Ward? LOL King! :D

We needed a hot topic to help us make it to Sunday. Less than 24 hours til kickoff now. :cool:

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:43 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:

I know you are one of those members...a good guy and fierce competitor. Please realize the legitimacy of this honest mistake and let it go.

I know we'd do the same for you. BTW...just so the whole MB community is aware of this fact: Rich Dunn was among those who chose to extend a friendly helping hand to Blue when this draft situation arose.

No one...and I mean NO ONE suggested throwing him under the bus.

I wonder why Blue never responded to this post the 1st time I sent it!

It's easier to ignore the truth than face it sometimes. :eek:
[/QUOTE]OK, fine...I will address this. First, it is a seperate issue altogether. Second, I was the one who did the league a favor by accepting the team after the first five rounds of the draft without causing a fuss. Again, I was being polite. I would have done so regardless of the first players selected for me. If I say "thank you" to the person who drafted the players, it does not mean that I owe anyone anything! I promised that I could play. I ran into trouble with the hotel server not allowing the MDC site. I did everything I could to participate. I accepted the leagues solution. I didn't complain about the picks that were made for me. I assured Snake that the results were OK with me. And, I was polite and will continue to be....thank you and your brother for making the best picks that you could for my Snake Classic Team! But, this in no way has any bearing whatsoever in this situation!
[/QUOTE]You are right.... it is a seperate issue but both embrace the spirit of sportsmanship.

When given the chance to give someone a break...you choose a witch hunt instead.

Nice job!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:50 am

Well...I just read this thread and am somewhat amazed at the furor my apparent mistake has caused. But, everyone deserves my take.
Greg stated my position 5 or 6 pages ago; but I will restate it. It was my intent to put Chris Henry on waivers in the attempt to pick up Samie Parker. Last night when I arrived home and checked the waiver activity I saw that my attempt to get Samie Parker was successful but Steve Smith had been waived and not Chris Henry. As Greg previously stated in his post, I immediately contacted him to point out this error. I obviously had no intention of dropping my 1st round draft choice for a bye week fill in. I was hopeful that the error could be corrected and Smith returned to my roster. At this point no other team had been impacted by this occurrence either negatively or positvely. That is, no other team had entered a bid on Parker except my $21. There had been no additional information either positive or negative on any of the players involved from the point the waivers were processed to the point an hour or so later that I contacted Greg. So there was no reason for me to have a sudden change of heart in deleting Henry instead of Smith. Having said that, I was also prepared to accept the consequences of my carelessness if that was proven to be the case.
As has also been stated, there were numerous occurrences in Satellite drafts where apparent mistakes occurred and everything possible was done to ensure the mistake was corrected. The most blatant example of that for me was in a satellite in which I had the 1st pick. The draft had gotten to about pick 4.04 when the player in the 7th or 8th hole requested the draft to be stopped because he had been given the wrong player at pick 3.07 or 3.08. ALL the picks between 3.07 and 4.04 were deleted and the player the owner requested at 3.07 was given to him. A player that had been chosen at 3.09 or 3.10. By stoping the draft and replacing the player the players I now got at 3.14 and 4.01 were different than I originally drafted because in the start up from 3.07 the two players I had originally drafted got selected prior to getting back to me. Although I wasn't appreciative of this occurrence I accepted it because if an error occurred it should be corrected. Another example is the KDS snafu that occurred prior to the live drafts. Stats had apparently given the KDS information to NFFC in one format and they had expected it in another. So, the original draft slots given were corrected to reflect the correction in the human error that occurred. So, because of what I have seen occur at NFFC I believe my error, human or otherwise, will be corrected because it would follow the "common sense" approach NFFC uses. But I'll reiterate that I am also prepared to accept the negative impact of this if it was due to my carelessness. I will be pi$$ed off, mostly at myself but will still attempt to win the League.
The ONLY thing that has been said that in my opinion is totally out of line, is the insinuation that there was an attempt to cheat with this transaction. NOTHING could be further from the truth. The razzing and ridicule for my apparent carelessness is well deserved but accusing myself and possibly others, including NFFC, in cheating is crossing the line. Anyone that would do that,under these circumstances,is one sick puppy (or cat)
Again, I'm prepared to accept NFFC's decision either way and hope the $900+ I spent on Derrick Ward proves worthwhile (in addition to the $21 I spent on Parker!!)

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:56 am

OK, fine...I will address this. First, it is a seperate issue altogether. Second, I was the one who did the league a favor by accepting the team after the first five rounds of the draft without causing a fuss. Again, I was being polite. I would have done so regardless of the first players selected for me. If I say "thank you" to the person who drafted the players, it does not mean that I owe anyone anything! I promised that I could play. I ran into trouble with the hotel server not allowing the MDC site. I did everything I could to participate. I accepted the leagues solution. I didn't complain about the picks that were made for me. I assured Snake that the results were OK with me. And, I was polite and will continue to be....thank you and your brother for making the best picks that you could for my Snake Classic Team! But, this in no way has any bearing whatsoever in this situation!

Thanks for the favor Blue Foot. I am going to try this out in the real world. I think Monday I will schedule an important meeting with my boss, show up 20 minutes late and then explain to him how I am doing him a favor by even showing up at all.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:57 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
The ONLY thing that has been said that in my opinion is totally out of line, is the insinuation that there was an attempt to cheat with this transaction. NOTHING could be further from the truth. The razzing and ridicule for my apparent carelessness is well deserved but accusing myself and possibly others, including NFFC, in cheating is crossing the line. Anyone that would do that,under these circumstances,is one sick puppy (or cat)I couldn't make it through most of the 14-pages and I don't know who specifically insinuated collusion, but whomever did insinuate it, is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Thankfully it's already Saturday and Week 2 is less than 24 hours away so we don't have to keep wasting time on this non-issue. :rolleyes:
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:01 am

Well said Riff.

I'm glad Greg is putting S.Smith back on your roster.

Human error will occur occasionally and being able to correct it is the right thing to do.

Someone mentioned there are many BF's that would leave. I think there are more of us that would leave if the decisions weren't based on common sense.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:01 am

Originally posted by Big MO:
OK, fine...I will address this. First, it is a seperate issue altogether. Second, I was the one who did the league a favor by accepting the team after the first five rounds of the draft without causing a fuss. Again, I was being polite. I would have done so regardless of the first players selected for me. If I say "thank you" to the person who drafted the players, it does not mean that I owe anyone anything! I promised that I could play. I ran into trouble with the hotel server not allowing the MDC site. I did everything I could to participate. I accepted the leagues solution. I didn't complain about the picks that were made for me. I assured Snake that the results were OK with me. And, I was polite and will continue to be....thank you and your brother for making the best picks that you could for my Snake Classic Team! But, this in no way has any bearing whatsoever in this situation!

Thanks for the favor Blue Foot. I am going to try this out in the real world. I think Monday I will schedule an important meeting with my boss, show up 20 minutes late and then explain to him how I am doing him a favor by even showing up at all.
This and the 27 dollars Riff has left over for ww moves should get you far. :D
Just joking don't get pissed.
Now can we delete this mess?

[ September 15, 2007, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:02 am

Originally posted by UFS:
Well said Riff.

I'm glad Greg is putting S.Smith back on your roster.

Human error will occur occasionally and being able to correct it is the right thing to do.

Someone mentioned there are many BF's that would leave. I think there are more of us that would leave if the decisions weren't based on common sense. Well said.