Michael Jenkins FAAB

GOD Loves You

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:54 am

Originally posted by renman:

I have to be honest, if Earnest Wilford and Reggie Wayne switched uniforms I am pretty sure which player I would pick first in an NFFC draft.

Neither is as good or as bad as their numbers indicate....both are products of their environment IMO. I'm not saying Wayne is overrated, but replace Manning with Sorgi and see what happens.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

LETSROLL2007

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:02 am

Renman, you have what's turned out to be a great roster. Nice job. You've escaped the injury bug as well......so far

BillyWaz

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:14 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I asked Gekko, because I wanted a answer.
let's be truthful...you didn't ask anything
[/QUOTE]No, but you answered.
[/QUOTE]nope. i was answering jive turkey's question. now stop your man-love of me. please direct it at billywaz ;)
[/QUOTE]Don't be kicking anymore 'stalkers' my way, I already got one who starts threads WEEKLY about me! :eek:

Raiders

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by Raiders » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:35 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[/QUOTE]nope. i was answering jive turkey's question. now stop your man-love of me. please direct it at billywaz ;)
[/QUOTE]Don't be kicking anymore 'stalkers' my way, I already got one who starts threads WEEKLY about me! :eek:
[/QUOTE]Alike Snake, I met you in person.
No worries when it comes from me.

[ October 06, 2007, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

mkrucek

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by mkrucek » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:24 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[/QUOTE]Alike Snake, I met you in person.
No worries when it comes from me.
[/QUOTE]That's what Jeffrey Dahmer said.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

renman

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by renman » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:28 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Renman, you have what's turned out to be a great roster. Nice job. You've escaped the injury bug as well......so far Thanks Barry, it is nice to be noticed...lol I am very happy with the team I have assembled. I have also been fortunate to avoid any serious injury, unlike in my wcoff league. Hopefully things will continue to go well. Fantasy football can change in a second and what seems like a great team (or bad) can suddenly turn around to be the opposite.

By the way, you retired too early and I rode you to several fantasy titles in the 90's...

pizzatyme

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:46 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

I have to be honest, if Earnest Wilford and Reggie Wayne switched uniforms I am pretty sure which player I would pick first in an NFFC draft.

Neither is as good or as bad as their numbers indicate....both are products of their environment IMO. I'm not saying Wayne is overrated, but replace Manning with Sorgi and see what happens.
[/QUOTE]GLY, can't this statement be said about any WR? I mean, come on, raplace Montana with Sorgi and what do you get?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

GOD Loves You

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:55 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by renman:

[/QUOTE]GLY, can't this statement be said about any WR? I mean, come on, raplace Montana with Sorgi and what do you get?
[/QUOTE]Replace with Sorgi and Rice would've still been a stud. Replace Manning with Sorgi and Wayne is no longer a stud.....so to answer your question....IMO, Nope.....I guess it's the player/coach in me that forces me to see things differently than a lot of people.

You of all people should know about this considering you consider yourself a Colts fan. Marvin/Reggie/Peyton have such an advantage over every defense due to the amount of work they put in together. I know they do "alter" their routes during the play, but for the most part, they are running the exact same route, with the same angle, with the same break every time a certain route is called. The majority of the time they play as if their aren't any defensive backs out there. If Wilford had the opportunity to play with Manning he would be a semi-stud as well if he fell in line with the program.

My point was more about the WR's than the QB's.....if a WR is a stud, he's going to get his regardless of the QB. If a QB is a stud, he will make his WR's waaay better than they really are. I don't think Wayne is a true stud, Manning makes him better than he is. Kinda like Delhomme and Smith. Smith makes Jake a lot better than he really is. BTW, everybody is worried about Steve Smith right now, but he IS an elite talent and Carr won't be able to hold him back.

Eh, what do I know?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

pizzatyme

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:06 am

Ok, so Manning makes his WRs better than they are, but Steve Smith makes his QB better than he is?

And you obviously haven't seen Jim Sorgi play.

You've got to be kidding me about Rice still being a stud. You have nothing to prove this would be the case. Those connections work because both parts of the equation work. Otherwise Steve Smith would be making David Carr a monster!

The QB has to be able to get the WR the ball. Sorgi doesn't have the arm strength to work the precision passing game the way Manning does.

I, too, coached and played football. So, I have this extra perception that you speak of.

Roddy Whte and Michael Jenkins are playing better because their QB is a better passer than Vick.

On the other hand, John Kitna looks like a world beater now that he has better WRs than he's had in the past.

It goes both ways.

I watch the games the Colts play since "I consider myself a fan". Manning is doing nothing to help Wayne beat the defender with double moves or crisp routes. Manning delivers the ball with great precision and on time.

I'm not saying Wilford wouldn't be better with Manning than his current QB. What I am saying is that Wayne and Harrison are the starters for the Colts because they are better than the other WRs on the Colts. The Colts have faster WRs than both Wayne and Harrison. The Colts might even have WRs with better hands or better route runners than Wayne and Harrison. But, through practice and repetition, it is obvious that Wayne and Harrison are the best 2 options at WR for the Colts.

It pisses me off when people say Wayne is not an elite WR. Noone knows what he would be like without Manning. So, to discredit his ability without this knowledge is just rediculous.

But again, what do I know?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

richieprimo

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by richieprimo » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:11 pm

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

I, too, coached and played football. So, I have this extra perception that you speak of.

Roddy Whte and Michael Jenkins are playing better because their QB is a better passer than Vick.

On the other hand, John Kitna looks like a world beater now that he has better WRs than he's had in the past.

But again, what do I know? Obviously, nothing about the importance of a good offensive line. ;)
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.