Another Ambrosius Is In The NFFC!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 am

As if dealing with me isn't enough, now NFFC owners on the East Coast is going to have to deal with a look alike of me!! :D I'm happy to announce today that my older brother Mike is going to be working with Tom at the Sheraton in New York on Sept. 2-4 and might be part of our permanent East Coast crew if he passes the mustard this time around!! :D He's a hard worker and he knows his football, so I have a feeling Tom and Mike will be a great team out East.

As most of you know, putting on the live events simultaneously in three different cities takes a lot of personnel. We had a big sports editorial staff at Krause Publications and an even bigger one at Fanball, so getting enough people to work at those events wasn't very hard. STATS has an even bigger sports editorial staff than either of those two previous companies, but most of those guys will be extremely busy on Labor Day weekend, which is the first weekend of college football. The next week will be even busier for our staff as the NFL season opens.

So we're always looking for dependable workers and the gang in Las Vegas knows that I have my trusty brother-in-law Dennis Miller working with me out there along with Las Vegas native Rex Weddle for anything I need. Dennis is my right hand man in Las Vegas for baseball and football going forward and I can always count on Rex, Brady Tinker, Jack and many others to make Las Vegas run smoothly.

Mike is now going to be Tom's right-hand man for baseball and football in New York. The two of them will do the dirty work and rely on other dependable part-timers to get all of the drafts running smoothly. I know things will work well there for football and all drafts going forward.

Do me a favor and Mike feel at home when you meet him in New York. He's the one who first got me interested in sports and as someone who was six years younger all I ever wanted to do was follow in everything sports related he did. So he probably doesn't realize, but I highly doubt I'd be doing what I'm doing without him. Mike just retired from 30+ years of working at a magazine printing company (RR Donnelly printed Fantasy Sports Magazine all 21 years and he always got his little brother's magazine hot off the presses!!) and now he's looking for some side jobs. This works perfectly into his schedule and he's excited to help our events grow. Don't be surprised if he's wearing an authentic Packers' jersey because he bleeds Green and Gold, too!! :D

It's Tom and Mike now in New York. Work 'em hard and don't be surprised if Mike puts down a beer or two like his younger brothers. I learned that from him, too!! :D Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

telestar

Post by telestar » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

Welcome Mike from all the dedicated NY NFFC crowd - we'll look forward to meeting you in person in NYC and hope that you can share some of the great old stories about Greg as he was growing up!

:eek:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 am

Originally posted by telestar:
Welcome Mike from all the dedicated NY NFFC crowd - we'll look forward to meeting you in person in NYC and hope that you can share some of the great old stories about Greg as he was growing up!

:eek: The stories about me after I grew up are even better!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:38 am

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Mike can keep up with beer pong, Frankie, King of Queens, Eddie's entourage and Manhattan in general. He's a small town Midwestern boy!! :D I'm worried about him now. Oh well, he's a big boy and he will just have to lift his legs a little higher to pee with the big dogs, right Frankie?!! :D

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:13 am

He is going to need a pocket full of singles to start the nite off. lol :cool:

[ August 05, 2011, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 pm

An Ambrosius in NYC??? Has that ever happened before?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
if he passes the mustard Must be a Midwest thing ;)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Mike & Greg's family Christmas card circa 1970.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:05 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

Mike & Greg's family Christmas card circa 1970. NICE!!! Yeah, that's about right. Mike is the one on the right!! :D

Okay now, New York is set for Friday's auction and Saturday's Main Events and I'm a little worried for Tom and my brother. That auction league has some of the craziest New Yorkers I've ever seen. KOQ and Frankie just took care of my brother-in-law Dennis last year at the Packers-Jets game and now my die-hard Packers' fan brother Mike is going to meet these crazies. :D Take it easy on him, he's a naive Cheesehead.

Have fun together everyone and if you go out on the town Friday or Saturday night go easy on Tom and Mike. They've been working hard behind the scenes and just might relax TOOOO MUCH!! :D

Enjoy and let's do this in the Big Apple. Hurricane Irene has passed and now coming into New York is Hurricane Tom & Mike!! :D Treat 'em well.