Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

sportsbettingman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:04 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
my guess is that if the game doesn't take place this week, any texan or raven gets ZERO points. As much as I do not want to admit it, you might be right about this. I have Schaub, A. Johnson, Daniels, McGahee, Rice on my NFFC main event team. I can't even field 3 WR's playing in wcoff if this happens. [/QUOTE]OUCH!!!

I'd guess it's also possible to postpone it another day (Tuesday) without killing the short recovery week to get ready for the following Sunday???

A neutral site is still not out of thew question.

This sucks.

I'd guess the blanket rule of stats being frozen on Friday would make all players in a postponed game zero.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

CC's Desperados

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:08 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I only have Schaub and Rosenfels on my main event team. We didn't pick up a backup QB yet since they aren't on bye until week 8.

Wayne I made a call on your behalf to the commish. They are very concerned about all of us fantasy owners so the game plan is play the game somewhere somehow. If it comes down to Schaub vs. Flacco on Maddan 09, they will stand by the results!!

bald is beautiful

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:10 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Again, though, let's see what the NFL decides. I can't think of a single reason why the game wouldn't be played Monday night at a neutral site. Because they have proven to make one bad decision already. Another one could easily follow.

Word is that some bye week switcheroo is in the works so the game will be played in week 8 or 9.

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:12 am

I hope the decision isn't to make it a Week 2 bye. If that's the ruling, I'm not sure we have any choice but to say if you can't replace a player (or players), you take a 0 at that position. I REALLY hope we can avoid that for obvious reasons.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:18 am

the game can be played up until wed. the cowboys play on a sunday then on thanksgiving. it can be done. whether they do it or not , who knows.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:19 am

Thank you Tom for addressing this right away as it allows for many of us to at least place some active also ran in versus a certain zero should the NFL not at least move to a neutral site.

On the flip side, it also means certain teams that had properly prepared for the scheduled bye weeks now may field really loaded teams when they thought they might be thin...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

ebbjl

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by ebbjl » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:23 am

If the games is not played this week then why not have another free agent period so teams can make adjustments accordingly.

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:26 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
What happens should the Ravens game which has now been postponed again not be played this week? Do owners need to not play any players, will you revert scores back etc.? I realize this is unprecedented but it appears they may not get the game in this week... Well, let's see what the NFL decides later today and then all act accordingly. With the two teams having different bye weeks and this being Houston's home opener, you know the league wants to do all it can to get this game in this week. You almost wonder why they didn't take the precaution by hosting this in Atlanta or a neutral site, but the league seemed determined to have the home opener in Houston despite Hurricane Ike headed right there. Crazy.

Again, let's see what the NFL rules later today because you know they have to make an announcement before tomorrow's games. At that point we'll all be able to make smarter decisions. I would be very surprised if they cancelled this outright.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:27 am

Originally posted by IT'S TIME AGAIN:
If the games is not played this week then why not have another free agent period so teams can make adjustments accordingly. I've thought about this but unfortunately I don't think it's an option. We cannot send out a mass email to all of our members on the weekends unless it was scheduled during the week so there would be no way to notify everyone that a second FAAB period is in place for this week's games only. Plenty of people make their FAAB moves in advance and then don't check back until Sunday mornings and we would be placing a lot of our participants (and quite possibly a significant percentage) at a disadvantage.

So even though this sounds good in theory I don't think we could do it for the reasons stated above. We would be opening up a Pandora's Box of potential issues.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

philpo

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by philpo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:27 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Let's see what the NFL decides today. I honestly have no idea why the game wasn't moved to a neutral site on Friday. This was a staggeringly bad decision by the NFL in my opinion to just hope that Houston would be OK in 24 hours. The game should have been relocated on Friday when the decision was made to push the game to Monday night.

But let's see what happens. Once the NFL rules Greg and I will discuss it. Unfortunately, it might be a situation where owners are forced to take 0 points for a certain position because nobody was anticipating a Week 2 postponement. I have the Ravens' D in the KP Auction league and no backup defense so I would be stuck with a 0 there in that league.

Again, though, let's see what the NFL decides. I can't think of a single reason why the game wouldn't be played Monday night at a neutral site. You would think they would just move the game to San Antonio to the Alamo Dome.