Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

kapefear

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by kapefear » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:09 am

Hey JIVE, thoughts and prayers go out to you and family,hope all goes well.Be safe...

GOD Hates You

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by GOD Hates You » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:10 am

Taking a zero. I picked up Elam in place of Nugent. Find out he might not be kicking. And you are all worried.

GOD Hates You

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by GOD Hates You » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:12 am

Okay, just kidding, but I did pick up Elam. This game will be played this week. When else could they play it? Answer that question and it is obvious that they will get it done on Monday or Tuesday at a neutral site or even in Baltimore(although very unlikely).

KOTRAX

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by KOTRAX » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:22 am

THIS IS A VERY STICKY SITUATION. I THINK WE NEED A RULING OR AT LEAST A POTENTIAL RULING SOONER THAN LATER.

SOME OWNERS (NOT ME) CANT ACCESS THEIR COMPUTERS BEFORE GAME TIME. SO IF THEY NEED TO PUT IN A REPLACEMNT FOR RAVENS/TEXANS PLAYERS RESPECTIVELY THEY NEED TO PUT THEM BEFORE THE FACT RATHER THAN AFTER THE FACT.

IT IS VERY STICKY BUT I KNOW GREG AND TOM WILL COME UP WITH THE BEST DECISION IN THE INTEREST OF THE NFFC/NBC RESPECTIVELY.

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:24 am

heck..if its played in balt.those of us in diesel's pickem pool should jump on the ravens on the line posted now..hehehe
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:30 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Let's see what the NFL decides today. I honestly have no idea why the game wasn't moved to a neutral site on Friday. This was a staggeringly bad decision by the NFL in my opinion to just hope that Houston would be OK in 24 hours. The game should have been relocated on Friday when the decision was made to push the game to Monday night.BINGO Tom!

Both New Orleans AND Atlanta are AWAY this weekend, and would have been good sites to host the game.

Oh wait, the NFL might lose some money, because of course, the game wasn't ready to be played on Sunday, there were/are fatalities today in the Houston area, and I imagine mass destruction. Add in that 90%+ of the area has no electricity...

I'm sure everyone in the Houston area will want to go to a game 2 days later! :rolleyes:

[ September 13, 2008, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

sportsbettingman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 am

The show must go on!

The NFL can eat the loss of revenue for one game.

I have little doubt it will be played this weekend/Mon.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:45 am

Actually I think they may take Cincy and Houston who have the same bye week in week 8, and have Cincy play Houston that week which would then allow Baltimore to play at Houston in week 10 when Cincy was supposed to play there. Just my .02.

[ September 13, 2008, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: BONGIZMO ]
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

richieprimo

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:58 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Actually I think they may take Cincy and Houston who have the same bye week in week 8, and have Cincy play Houston that week which would then allow Baltimore to play at Houston in week 10 when Cincy was supposed to play there. Just my .02. That makes a lot of sense, and there's a good chance the NFL will do that.

They're certainly not worried about fantasy football, which only accounts for the second largest amount of their popularity, after gambling. This is gonna turn into a fantasy nightmare. Good luck, Tom and Greg.

Hang in there Jive, hope you come through safely.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

GOD Hates You

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by GOD Hates You » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:22 am

But I have plane tickets to fly to Houston in week 10 to see the Cincy/Texan game. Not to mention my rent a car and hotel and game day tickets.