Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Sandman62

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...can SOMEONE out there PLEASE explain WHY it would be wrong to simply be allowed to get a Kicker for this ONE week under these unprecedented circumstances...WHO GETS HURT BY THAT...thanks much...SNAKE Here's an example: I dropped what many would probably consider a very good kicker, Nate Kaeding (because I have higher hopes for Matt Prater). If you're suggesting that just those affected by the HOU/BAL game be allowed to pickup a kicker, then what about others who might also WANT to pickup Kaeding? Chances are he goes for a bit more than $1 next week too.

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Originally posted by weber:
My take on this. i kinda have a problem with the ruling here however im only effected in one satellite league with a defense however my competitor gets a zero for a tight end so it's even however:

This should be the event that caused this league and other high stakes events to hold 2 free agent waiver wire periods. one on Thursday, the other on Saturday. This way if news comes down the pike on a saturday prior to a game changes can be made.

Now in the Rotobowl, (which i tried this year), i had Houston Defense, however this afternoon with all the hoopla i took a 2nd defense in case and it paid off.

Im not that upset over the ruling here or in the WCOFF i just think there is absolutely no reason not to have 2 free agent waiver wire periods. It makes perfect sense and alot of leagues do it. Just my thought. I agree that the only future solution is to allow pickups in some manner after FAAB has been run. I'm not sure if that involves two FAAB periods, but allowing $1 pickups after FAAB is the only solution to 1) a situation like this happening again; or 2) teams getting shut out of a position because of the late announcement of an injury on Saturday or Sunday morning. Unfortunately, we can't incorporate such a rule in 2008, but it deserves consideration going forward after the NFL's blunder this weekend.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mtreff4

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by mtreff4 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:15 pm

SNAKE hit the nail on the head. Someone with a tight end, kicker or defense should simply be allowed one move to fill that spot, automatic bid price. Anyone on the wire is someone nobody else wanted just flippin yesterday. Charge us all 25 waiver points. We would all do it.

Everyone in that deficit roster situation will be checking this site and can find that info out before the games start. Picking up the 49ers defense or Olindo Mare for the week is just easy to do and those players are not as strong as Ravens defense or Kris Brown. It is simple and fair and will eliminate any 9 vs. 10 matchups when so much cash money is on the line.

To any of you who think this is not easy and fair: You obviously are not faced with this deficit in your lineup so buzz off.

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:15 pm

what happens when a guy like a.johnson goes off on his supposed bye week and beats a team when he wasnt even going to play. there is no way to avoid this. it effects alot of teams. i think my idea of moving faab to sat night would make sure this does not happen again.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BubbasHouse

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BubbasHouse » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm crying for the serpent..... balling my little Bubba eyes out....

The ruling is the only one that could be made. Applaud not making last minute changes to a structured league. S**T happens - and we all must deal with it.

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Originally posted by JB:
I don't really think this was completely Goodell's fault, the Texans basically said "No, we will not play anywhere else!". So what was he supposed to do? Force them to play or tell them they have to forfeit the game...after what they are dealing with?? Where did you read that the Texans said this? I'd be surprised if a team was able to convince the Commish that the home opener was more important than the safety of its fans and players, but maybe that was the case. Something certainly was amiss here and LOTS of folks are now affected.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
...okay so BOTH SNAKEsquads will be playing this week with 9 players against a team with 10...SNAKE is NOT happy, NOT happy at all...can SOMEONE out there PLEASE explain what is fair about playing 9 against 10 in BOTH Main leagues?...and WHY it would be wrong to simply be allowed to get a Kicker (SNAKE will even drop someone on his squad to do so) for this ONE week under these unprecedented circumstances...WHO GETS HURT BY THAT...thanks much...SNAKE Didn't you play MANY games with less than 10 starters last year??? ;)

Just think of it as this way it wasn't your fault in the least! :D
[/QUOTE]Also Snake, weren't you one of the ones here asking for contingencies? Why didn't you do like many probably did and put the contingencies in your hands and cover your ass?

Opening up another FAAB is not in the rules and can't be done.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Sandman62

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:17 pm

That's what we do in our local league, Greg - we always run a Sat. night (early Sun. AM) waiver process in addition to the one(s) earlier in the week. That allows people to pickup players that were dropped in the first period of the week, as well as covers last-minute injuries, weather, etc..

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Originally posted by Mike Treff:
SNAKE hit the nail on the head. Someone with a tight end, kicker or defense should simply be allowed one move to fill that spot, automatic bid price. Anyone on the wire is someone nobody else wanted just flippin yesterday. Charge us all 25 waiver points. We would all do it.

Everyone in that deficit roster situation will be checking this site and can find that info out before the games start. Picking up the 49ers defense or Olindo Mare for the week is just easy to do and those players are not as strong as Ravens defense or Kris Brown. It is simple and fair and will eliminate any 9 vs. 10 matchups when so much cash money is on the line.

To any of you who think this is not easy and fair: You obviously are not faced with this deficit in your lineup so buzz off. now its te also. where does it stop. faab should be moved to sat night next year and no more problems.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN