All NFFC Checks To Go Out Jan. 8th

blastik

Post by blastik » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey Greg
Would you like me to send you the email correspondence I've had with Tom? I don't appreciate your inclination that I stated something that isn't true, and more importantly, I don't appreciate still not being paid (the mail just came, and nothing).
I'm not going into details here in front of everyone, but I wanted to clarify. I'll email you personally in a minute.

HIROLLERJR

Post by HIROLLERJR » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:14 am

Blastik, got it. Same boat here. Thanks for follow up.

[ January 21, 2010, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: WOODERSON ]

blastik

Post by blastik » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:34 am

Hey, Wooderson, I just responded to your message. No, I still haven't been paid, and have not heard back from Greg regarding the issue (I sent him a lengthy email). Apparently, he doesn't want to hear about it.

[ January 21, 2010, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: blastik ]

crashdavis8

Post by crashdavis8 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 pm

I am still waiting on both leagues of mine. Tom responded that it was mailed on Jan 8th. That is 8 business days now and I usually get my mail from OH to FL in 3 days.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:08 pm

To follow up on this, as Greg said there was always one date when the checks were going to go out and that was Jan. 8th. The only exceptions were for those who we needed to collect social security numbers from. I emailed everyone on that list on Monday, Jan. 11. Those of you who replied to me last week were included on the batch of checks that were sent out last Friday.

Also as Greg said, the checks were sent out individually for each prize winning. So if you won two prizes you will be receiving two checks etc.

If you have not received your check you can contact me at [email protected] or Greg at [email protected] or call either of us at 715-445-2906 and we will look into getting an update.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Originally posted by blastik:
Hey, Wooderson, I just responded to your message. No, I still haven't been paid, and have not heard back from Greg regarding the issue (I sent him a lengthy email). Apparently, he doesn't want to hear about it. I don't know who this is, but I never received an email on this subject. I'll gladly address any issue you have with our payments and it's very easy to ask accounting for the date your check was mailed out. Send your email to [email protected]. I did not receive your email if you say you sent it.

Honestly, just email me about your check. It's not like we're trying to keep the money any longer than we have to. You can see that hundreds of people have been paid hundreds of thousands of dollars already and any delays were caused by missing W-9s. Part of it may be our fault as the list of missing W-9's we received from accounting was far more than Tom and I expected. I assume part of that was from us not getting mailed ones sent to St. Louis in time or because we erred from the transfer of W-9s from F+W to Fanball. Either way, the W-9s could have been the only holdup that I know of from the Jan. 8th payouts.

Either way, I'll gladly look up the status of anyone's check and get back to you. If we sent it after Jan. 8th -- which seems obvious in your case if you haven't gotten it by now -- I'll find out when it went out. If someone feels we're missing the W-9, then we better know that ASAP and see where that is. Either way, it's very easy to look up and get an answer.

I'm off to Las Vegas next week for business, so feel free to cc Tom as well at [email protected]. Paying our winners is fun for us; sorry it's been a bad experience for you.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:24 am

Gregg ask 'I don't know who this is'?

Answer:

Matt Fulkerson of Portland, Oregon.
Ran a 4.35 and 42 times benched 225lbs at last's years Combine.
Was drafted in the 3rd round by Green Bay. Played in one Pre-Season game but was hurt from someone in the stands throwing a apple, No it didn't hit Mr. Fulkerson, but after covering a kick off and running off the field he stepped on that same apple ripping up his MCL. It was said that the throw was way off target but the guy who throw the apple said 'Hey what can I say, I was holding a Corona in the other hand'. He also had Lime's and Lemon's in his pockets.

John

MELS DINER

Post by MELS DINER » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:58 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
To follow up on this, as Greg said there was always one date when the checks were going to go out and that was Jan. 8th. The only exceptions were for those who we needed to collect social security numbers from. I emailed everyone on that list on Monday, Jan. 11. Those of you who replied to me last week were included on the batch of checks that were sent out last Friday.

Also as Greg said, the checks were sent out individually for each prize winning. So if you won two prizes you will be receiving two checks etc.

If you have not received your check you can contact me at [email protected] or Greg at [email protected] or call either of us at 715-445-2906 and we will look into getting an update. Tom, thanks for the quick reply to my e-mail.You said my checks were mailed on the 15th and I got them on the 22nd so I am very happy considering the long weekend and the fact that our mail service is not the most dependable. I was burned last year by THE FANTASY JUNGLE and to say I was concerned by the posts on the boards the last few days would be an understatement. I enjoyed both the baseball and football contests and will definatly be a return player. Thanks again

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:29 am

Originally posted by MELS DINER:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

If you have not received your check you can contact me at [email protected] or Greg at [email protected] or call either of us at 715-445-2906 and we will look into getting an update. Tom, thanks for the quick reply to my e-mail.You said my checks were mailed on the 15th and I got them on the 22nd so I am very happy considering the long weekend and the fact that our mail service is not the most dependable. I was burned last year by THE FANTASY JUNGLE and to say I was concerned by the posts on the boards the last few days would be an understatement. I enjoyed both the baseball and football contests and will definatly be a return player. Thanks again
[/QUOTE]No worries and we're glad you got your check. I heard from others who got them yesterday too and were dated Jan. 15th. I know we had no mail service on Monday, but that sure seems like a long time for the US Postal Service to deliver an important envelope. Sheesh.

But we certainly understand the anxiousness of fantasy football owners when it comes to receiving their prize money. Too many people have been burned in this industry by unscrupulous game operators who promised full payment and then never came through. We have come out against those game operators who have somehow disappeared without any remorse or promise to deliver those funds, while making life tough for the rest of us who do things honestly. And that's why we understand why folks even question us when they don't see their checks 7-10 days after we promised they would be there.

We understand all of that. But we also promise that every prize is guaranteed and every winning check will be delivered. We are not two guys in a garage running this contest. We are backed by a huge media company with a lot of financial resources. And we also have a reputation of paying on time every time, even before we were acquired by Fanball and Liberty Interactive.

I will admit to slight delays in payment this football season in one respect and hopefully we'll have this solved now. All of our W-9s that we received from past winners had to be transferred from F+W to Fanball and unfortunately this was not an electronic pass. F+W did not have these in electronic files; we had the physical W-9 forms, thousands of them, to pass to Fanball. So when it came time to pay out 2009 winnings, some people appeared to be missing W-9s when in fact they were in the shuffle somewhere. It was frustrating to see some past owners come up as missing W-9s when we know we had paid them tens of thousands of dollars in the past.

So it took an extra week to pay them as we eventually found those W-9s in the pile. I think we should have that done now and electronically we should have past winners in the system, along with all of the new winners. The passing of all this data along with the web site data coming soon is frustrating, but in the end we'll have a much better setup for Tom and I, for our accounting department and for our players.

We apologize for any delay in payment as all checks for winners who we had W-9s for did go out on Jan. 8th. But the confusion of W-9s on file or not on file led to some checks going out on Jan. 15th and then even on Jan. 21st. Hopefully all of you will be paid now or very soon by us and all other game operators in this space and going forward we won't have so many skittish fantasy football owners praying that their fine seasons will be rewarded. That shouldn't happen in today's world.

[ January 24, 2010, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Originally posted by kingraiders:
Just curious, am I the only one who hasn't received a check yet then?? And yes, I did receive my check today, everyone can now rest easy this offseason...especially me. :D

Hopefully by now everyone is set in this regard!