R. Grant or W. McGahee

wayne123

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by wayne123 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:28 pm

Do either of these guys have hope this season? Right now, they are worse than an injured player who is listed as out because at least you know to sit the injured guy. Granted Grant has had some tough match-ups (Detroit withstanding) and McGahee is just now starting to play. McGahee did score, but was not considered the number one option. Nevertheless, these two RBs are too good to drop and have too much potential to bench each week. So, is there any hope? Does anyone have one of these guys (I have them both and would not wish this on anyone)? If you do have one of them and have seen a ray of hope, please tell me what it is! I am at the bottom of my league after three hapless weeks and need some reason to believe that I can still salvage a competitive season. No playoffs here...new goal is 7 wins and an average of 110 points per game. Unfortunately, I will need at least one of these guys to start producing. Bummer.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

wlfskp

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by wlfskp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Hey Blue,

I have Grant my first round pick in the main....but benched him this week in favor of Ronnie Brown....yes I am smiling. Except this week Brown is on Bye so Grant it is...fingers crossed
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." -
-- Mark Twain
Play FF like its a new day -- Fanatics

Eddiejag

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:19 am

Magahee suck's found it funny in the who got the best deal's after the draft and sawone with Magahee in the 4th round as a steal.Sorry but i wouldnt have touched him in the 7th round.Rice is the better all around player andnow their is a td vulture.You will get a td here and there but not much more.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Raiders

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Magahee suck's found it funny in the who got the best deal's after the draft and sawone with Magahee in the 4th round as a steal.Sorry but i wouldnt have touched him in the 7th round.Rice is the better all around player andnow their is a td vulture.You will get a td here and there but not much more. Eddie(Points) Gillis couldn't agree more, I had both Grant and McGahee on my do not draft list, to bad K.Smith wasn't on it. :mad:

Again Mr.Gillis nice start.

John

wayne123

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by wayne123 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:07 am

Magahee suck's found it funny in the who got the best deal's after the draft and sawone with Magahee in the 4th round as a steal.Sorry but i wouldnt have touched him in the 7th round.Rice is the better all around player andnow their is a td vulture.You will get a td here and there but not much more. Thanks Eddie! Now, the "irony meter" is pointing to a good day for McGahee!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Eddiejag

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:39 pm

I do like Grant , as the season continues and he gets healthy the numbers will come.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

wayne123

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by wayne123 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:43 pm

I do like Grant , as the season continues and he gets healthy the numbers will come. You Jerk! Dam it!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

rkulaski

R. Grant or W. McGahee

Post by rkulaski » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
I do like Grant , as the season continues and he gets healthy the numbers will come. You Jerk! Dam it! [/QUOTE]LOL... Just my 2 cents here but I've read the Ravens coaching staff and mgmt is fed up with McGahee. I've heard there's nothing special about McClain in terms of breakaway speed, atletic ability etc, but maybe he's got the work ethic, respect of the coaches, etc right now. With the way he's playing, McGahee looks like he's stuck in a 3-headed committee. I was actually surprised with his final stats on Sunday (didnt see the game)...

R Grant- B Jackson looks really good in limited time and so does Lumpkin. I think McCarthy would love to keep Grant fresh throughout the season (since the Pack have a lot invested in him now). Great situation for Green Bay to have their 2nd and 3rd rbs producing in limited time but not good for Grant owners. Grant looks like 15-18carries per game rb with Jackson stealing most of the receptions out of the backfield.