First half observation from Titans-Ravens game

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 am

Kenny Britt 6 catches 80 yds and a td. Not sure the vaunted Ravens D knows how to stop him right now. He's caught the long ball but he's also caught some short passes, used his size, and broken some tackles. Simply a stud so far.

Chris Johnson really hasn't had much room to run. Not a shocker here and the Titans have gone to the pass much more in the 2nd quarter.

J Cook had a 10 yard catch called back on a penalty but still has 2 others including what looked like a 40 yarder. For his size, he looked very fast getting down the field. I think writing him off after week 1 is a bit premature. Even though Washington has gotten his looks from Hasselbeck in the first half, I think Cook will emerge as the clear cut 3rd option for the Titans after CJ and Britt.

Hasselbeck has looked excellent in the first half. His one interception actually was made off of a deflection.

Flacco got off to a slow start with a couple of 3 and outs. He also missed a couple of WR on 3rd down but they were tough passes to complete as he was on the run after being flushed out of the pocket. Flacco led an 81 yd drive in the second quarter capped off by a 31-yd td pass that began as a screen pass to Rice. Flacco has shown some elusiveness at times but overall I'm never overly impressed by him. He always seems a little "slow" in all facets of the game. Granted, I haven't seem him play much in the past.

Rice is Rice. Looks very good.

The surprise here is that the Titan secondary seems to blanketing L Evans and Boldin. Very few times have these guys seemed open. Boldin nearly invisible in the first half. Evans without a catch again.

Erok

Post by Erok » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:32 am

Sad part is, with a stud QB, Britt would be Andre and Calvin Johnson,

Britt has made most of these plays himself the last two weeks with old man Hasselbeck lobbing stuff to him.