Time To Talk Football With The NFFC Trendsetters League

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, time to look at the Third Round in the Trendsetters League, which of course was using 3RR (14-1). What do you think of these picks?

Third Round (Using Third Round Reversal: 14-1 again):
29. Peyton Hillis
30. Tom Brady
31. Ahmad Bradshaw
32. Peyton Manning
33. Phillip Rivers
34. Antonio Gates
35. Michael Turner
36. Dallas Clark
37. Dez Bryant
38. Vincent Jackson
39. Mike Williams
40. Steven Jackson
41. Wes Welker
42. Jonathan Stewart
My thoughts:

Not sure what to make of Hillis for 2011. A surprise stud last season but the Browns were IN LOVE with Hardesty before he got hurt and I have to think they'll want to get him involved if he's healthy. If that occurs, Hillis' value takes a hit and potentially a big one.

Absolutely insane value for Jonathan Stewart who I am ga ga over next season. I think JStew could be a Top 10 RB. He's been a stud when given the featured carries throughout his career. Of course, the best RB depth I've seen in a long time means there could be a lot of great values at this position. Steven Jackson is another great value. He's still a solid RB1 and to get him in the third is terrific value - especially if the Rams wake up and use him more in the passing game in 2011.

Nothing else really jumps out at me as being too surprising. If that's Mike Williams of the Bucs he's landing right where he should. He could be a Top 10 WR next season. Big-time talent and Josh Freeman is the real deal at QB.

[ April 06, 2011, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 am

I see Jermichael Finley went early in the fourth round. The first four rounds can be found in the second post of this thread. Here now is the Fourth Round from the NFFC Trendsetters League. Thanks all.

Fourth Round:
43. Kenny Britt
44. Jermichael Finley
45. Jason Witten
46. Tony Romo
47. Vernon Davis
48. Brandon Marshall
49. Steve Johnson
50. Ryan Matthews
51. Jahvid Best
52. Rookie 1
53. DeAngelo Williams
54. Eli Manning
55. Knowshon Moreno
56. Brandon Lloyd

Thoughts?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:43 am

Here is a different way to look at each team after their first 4 picks:

TEAM ROUND 1 ROUND 2 ROUND 3 ROUND 4
Team 1 / 1. Adrian Foster 28. Jeremy Maclin 42. Jonathan Stewart 43. Kenny Britt
Team 2 / 2. Adrian Peterson 27. Drew Brees 41. Wes Welker 44. Jermichael Finley
Team 3 / 3. LeSean McCoy 26. Matt Forte 40. Steven Jackson 45. Jason Witten
Team 4 / 4. Andre Johnson 25. Marques Colston 39. Mike Williams 46. Tony Romo
Team 5 / 5. Chris Johnson 24. DeSean Jackson 38. Vincent Jackson 47. Vernon Davis
Team 6 / 6. Jamal Charles 23. Maurice Jones-Drew 37. Dez Bryant 48. Brandon Marshall
Team 7 / 7. Ray Rice 22. Darren McFadden 36. Dallas Clark 49. Steve Johnson
Team 8 / 8. Roddy White 21. Aaron Rodgers 35. Michael Turner 50. Ryan Matthews
Team 9 / 9. Calvin Johnson 20. Austin Collie 34. Antonio Gates 51. Jahvid Best
Team 10 / 10. Reggie Wayne 19. Dwayne Bowe 33. Phillip Rivers 52. Rookie 1
Team 11 / 11. Greg Jennings 18. Mike Wallace 32. Peyton Manning 53. DeAngelo Williams
Team 12 / 12. Michael Vick 17. Larry Fitzgerald 31. Ahmad Bradshaw 54. Eli Manning
Team 13 / 13. Hakeem Nicks 16. Frank Gore 30. Tom Brady 55. Knowshon Moreno
Team 14 / 14. Rashard Mendenhall 15. Miles Austin 29. Peyton Hillis 56. Brandon Lloyd
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:41 pm

I kind of like team 8 the most though that could be my man crush on Ryan Matthews rearing its ugly head again. I have a hard time letting go......

Team 2 has a solid core to build on.

Team 5 has a nice start too.

Drafting Vick in the first and then Eli in the 4th is a bit if a head scratcher.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Half the players taken in the first two rounds were WRs. That leaves some real good QBs and RBs to choose from. Like team six and eight. White and Rodgers are are the best first two picks for all the teams in the draft in my opinion. The Vick and Manning picks are OK for a DC with six points a TD, but if I would go that route(two QBs early) I would have seriously thought about the other Manning in the third round and attacked RBs and WRs for the next six to eight rounds. You all are some seriously lucky cats to be drafting now. Thanks for letting us have a peek.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:54 am

Let's start the week out with results from the Fifth Round. Here's a look at Round 5, with the first five rounds all listed on the second post of this thread:

Round Five:
57. Percy Harvin
58. Matt Schaub
59. Steven Smith
60. Shonn Greene
61. Anquan Boldin
62. Felix Jones
63. Sidney Rice
64. Pierre Garcon
65. LeGarrett Blount
66. Ben Roethlisberger
67. Rookie 2
68. Josh Freeman
69. Owen Daniels
70. Joe Flacco

Thoughts?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:48 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Let's start the week out with results from the Fifth Round. Here's a look at Round 5, with the first five rounds all listed on the second post of this thread:

Round Five:
57. Percy Harvin
58. Matt Schaub
59. Steven Smith
60. Shonn Greene
61. Anquan Boldin
62. Felix Jones
63. Sidney Rice
64. Pierre Garcon
65. LeGarrett Blount
66. Ben Roethlisberger
67. Rookie 2
68. Josh Freeman
69. Owen Daniels
70. Joe Flacco

Thoughts?
Nothing really jumping out at me in this round as being too surprising other than Flacco. I love the guy's talent but the fact is he's yet to prove he can be a consistent QB1 so I think the fifth round is too early for me to consider him. Conversely, I think Freeman could explode next season. He's very talented, has good young WRs to work with (especially Williams) and appears set to be one of the game's next great young QBs. If the Vikings get a decent QB, Rice could prove to be very nice value here.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:10 am

I think everything looks about right in the 5th. I probably wouldn't take Garcon quite that high but it's definitely not a bad pick. I'm also a bit worried about Steve Smith (NYG) in this round but once again it's not a bad value. All of the WR's are now becoming big questions marks and the QB run is in full swing. Remember the QB's just go earlier in DC's so I have no problem with Flacco there.

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:38 am

I agree Smith is a gamble given his health situation. I love Garcon, though, and I'd be happy with him there.

As far as the QBs, even taking into consideration that they go earlier, I don't think Flacco has proven he's worthy of going that high. He's very talented but he closed out the season poorly last season, finished with five sub-200 yard passing games and only threw more than one TD in a game once. At that point of the draft I want a sure-fire QB1 and I don't consider Flacco to be one.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

hammer

Post by hammer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:48 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
As far as the QBs, even taking into consideration that they go earlier, I don't think Flacco has proven he's worthy of going that high. He's very talented but he closed out the season poorly last season, finished with five sub-200 yard passing games and only threw more than one TD in a game once. At that point of the draft I want a sure-fire QB1 and I don't consider Flacco to be one. TRENDSETTERS is like marriage... you have to overpay to get what you want