Playoff Teams make sense?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:33 am

Vega$

That is why I used the NCAA as my blueprint.
If your team continues to produce you SHOULD make the playoffs. That's really the point. If the 1st 16 qualifiers are in via best division record, then the next 16 should at least complete the top 20 overall leaders. Most of the time this should happen, but what's wrong with guaranteeing it with a few wild card slots. No need to penalize anyone for being in a super strong league. Honestly, I don't think this is as complicated or life altering as we've made it on this thread.
I've enjoyed our banter, I do wish you could've seen a little relevance to this though. :D

Appleman

Post by Appleman » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:58 pm

A quick post, no answers or thoughts, just some direct info for the board to dissect.
NYC 1:3-5, 1045.5pts, 38th overall(not39th!lol)highest ranked team with losing record. Draft position #6(Portis).
Gekko: 6-2, 2nd in record, 1094.5pts(1st). against some of the best.Draft position #1(Holmes).
Why?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:51 pm

Originally posted by Appleman:
A quick post, no answers or thoughts, just some direct info for the board to dissect.
NYC 1:3-5, 1045.5pts, 38th overall(not39th!lol)highest ranked team with losing record. Draft position #6(Portis).
Gekko: 6-2, 2nd in record, 1094.5pts(1st). against some of the best.Draft position #1(Holmes).
Why? not sure what your question is? i was looking over your team in the Invitational, and it's scary good. the d.jax injury will probably keep a beatdown on hasselbeck though.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:28 am

Appleman, I look forward to "dissecting" you this week in NYC 1

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:44 am

Originally posted by Appleman:
Why? Actually, I believe I may be able to help you with this quandry. Weren't you on your cell phone for the duration of the main event draft? I seem to recall a particularly heated exchange with your unseen partner right before the Stephen Jackson selection at 3.06.

In addition to the distractions on draft day, cell phone usage has been linked to brain tumors and other maladies. Surely that must have something to do with your 3-5 record, no?

Appleman

Post by Appleman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:45 pm

I believe drafting 1st gave me an advantage in Gekko, that I didn't get in main. You can win from anywhere, but Holmes is an advantage.

King: I look forward to our match in the main, as I owe you for one of my losses in Gekko. Good Luck!
Win or lose, as long as I can maintain 120-130 points a week, I should be in playoffs.
2 losses in main are by less than 1 pt.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:09 pm

With 5 games to go, things are looking bright for both of us. Best of luck from here on out--well, at least beginning in Week 10!

Appleman

Post by Appleman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:16 pm

Thanks! Yeah that cell phone debate with partner about Jackson was bad! Went with it due to RB run. Oh well, hopefully I make playoffs and Faulk gets hurt before playoffs lol!

wdelpilar

Post by wdelpilar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:14 am

In Las Vegas 6, there are three of us in the top 18 and I noticed this could happen. However, I chalk it up to that's the rules and we have to abide by it. However, there's so much football left, I'm sure all of is in Vegas 6 are thinking we can still take the league title outright. However, I'm sure whoever is left it will be bitter. While I can't speak for the other owners in Vegas 6, I'd be bitter at not qualifying based on my team and not on how the league's set up. For example, I benched D-Jax (due to his doubtful status) this past weekend and that would have given me a tremendous bump in total points. I view my performance in how I played the game - roster moves, starters, etc.

Nothings perfect and the fact Greg's aware of it and will review everything is great. I've enjoyed this league and feel the customer service is top notch.

I've also enjoyed the boards and the talk I see. Some of the theories on draft strategy, bidding are really great to read and it does provide insight into how many ways there are to do things in a fantasy league.

Overall, I'm enjoying this league, though I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as if my team was not performing.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:32 am

Originally posted by Doomsday Express:
Overall, I'm enjoying this league, though I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as if my team was not performing. Your post was candid and refreshing! It was a pleasure reading. Thank you.

The "wild card" slots make perfect sense for teams in the EXACT position you're in. Good luck.

[ November 09, 2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?