Scoring Question?

Greg Ambrosius

Scoring Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 am

Originally posted by philpo:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
Any scores made by special teams and defenses go toward the DST. The individual player like Desean Jackson or Reggie Bush do not get credit for anything (which is what the rules state), so why are they subject to a deduction if they fumble while on special teams. Does this make sense to anyone? If anyone gets a deduction it should be the DST not the individual. Just a clarification from STATS this morning: The lost point did show up on live scoring because it's coming straight from the game feed, but it did not show up at all in the NFFC scoring totals after Sunday's games. So all scores are correct from Week 1. Hope this helps. [/QUOTE]Greg I think Greg Jennings point total is wrong by 1.2 points he caught a 2 point conversion but was not credited with the catch plus the 2 yards he was credited with the 2 points
[/QUOTE]I'll wait to hear back from STATS, but Tom says the NFL doesn't credit players for a catch or yardage on two-point conversions, just the two points. I also noticed that when Tom Brady threw an interception on the Pats' two-point conversion it wasn't listed as an INT. So it looks like the points are correctly awarded and anything after that is not scored by the NFL. I'll wait to hear from STATS, but this may already have been scored correctly.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

GOD Loves You

Scoring Question?

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:45 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by philpo:
Any scores made by special teams and defenses go toward the DST. The individual player like Desean Jackson or Reggie Bush do not get credit for anything (which is what the rules state), so why are they subject to a deduction if they fumble while on special teams. Does this make sense to anyone? If anyone gets a deduction it should be the DST not the individual. Just a clarification from STATS this morning: The lost point did show up on live scoring because it's coming straight from the game feed, but it did not show up at all in the NFFC scoring totals after Sunday's games. So all scores are correct from Week 1. Hope this helps. [/QUOTE]Greg I think Greg Jennings point total is wrong by 1.2 points he caught a 2 point conversion but was not credited with the catch plus the 2 yards he was credited with the 2 points
[/QUOTE]I was there. I saw it happen!!! :D I'm on it. I'll forward to STATS and make sure we have this correct.

By the way, why did the NFL have to take five minutes to review that play?? It was clearly a catch and if the booth felt it needed to be reviewed why can't the NFL just have the booth guy review it. Why must the field judge go to the hidden TV and spend five minutes reviewing this play. The NFL seriously needs to put an official upstairs to quickly review these plays once and for all. It just kills the flow of these games.

Just my two cents. ;)
[/QUOTE]Anything gained on a two point conversion attempt, yards, catches, etc...is never recorded in the individual players stats for any level of football.

The player(s) scoring on the attempt gets credit for the points, but nothing else.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

BillyWaz

Scoring Question?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:04 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by philpo:
[/QUOTE]I was there. I saw it happen!!! :D I'm on it. I'll forward to STATS and make sure we have this correct.

By the way, why did the NFL have to take five minutes to review that play?? It was clearly a catch and if the booth felt it needed to be reviewed why can't the NFL just have the booth guy review it. Why must the field judge go to the hidden TV and spend five minutes reviewing this play. The NFL seriously needs to put an official upstairs to quickly review these plays once and for all. It just kills the flow of these games.

Just my two cents. ;)
[/QUOTE]Anything gained on a two point conversion attempt, yards, catches, etc...is never recorded in the individual players stats for any level of football.

The player(s) scoring on the attempt gets credit for the points, but nothing else.
[/QUOTE]That is correct, the max that any individual player can get on a 2 point conversion in the NFFC is 2 points (the NFL doesn't recognize it as a catch and yardage either). No points for the catch, pass, run yards, JUST the conversion.

STATS has it right.

[ September 16, 2009, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

Scoring Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:25 am

Confirming from STATS: There's no such thing as an interception or reception on a 2pt
conversion and no yards are awarded either.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Max Factor

Scoring Question?

Post by Max Factor » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:19 am

Just as an afterthought for next year, if a player loses a fumble there is a one point deduction. Why shouldn't a DST lose a point if they fumble?
Jeff Potok

botherk

Scoring Question?

Post by botherk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:05 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Just as an afterthought for next year, if a player loses a fumble there is a one point deduction. Why shouldn't a DST lose a point if they fumble? Interesting point.
We reap benefits for punt and kickoff returns for touchdowns, but have no penalties for return players and other defensive players who fumble.
I like it.

[ September 16, 2009, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Greg Ambrosius

Scoring Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:26 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Just as an afterthought for next year, if a player loses a fumble there is a one point deduction. Why shouldn't a DST lose a point if they fumble? Good point. Remind me for next year. Thanks.

GOD Hates You

Scoring Question?

Post by GOD Hates You » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:38 am

If a position player kicks an xpoint or field goal do they get the points?

Greg Ambrosius

Scoring Question?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:31 am

Originally posted by GK:
...so, I have not read this whole thread and my mind is a little cloudy right now but they're taking a -1 point away from Reggie Bush for a Special Teams fumble?....is that right?....honestly that's extremely bush (seriously no pun intended) imho....the DST should be minused the point WITHOUT A DOUBT...GK No Glenn, no point was taken from Reggie Bush. He saw that in live scoring, but it was not reflected in the actual scoring.