NFFC Announcement Set For Tuesday

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:36 am

Sorry for the delay folks, but we will announce our plans for 2008 tomorrow at 2 p.m. EST. We are releasing this story exclusively through a business wire and thus had to wait for their deadline to clear first. I'll post it here on our Message Boards as well at 2 p.m. EST on Tuesday and then we can discuss what this means for all of our loyal players.

2 p.m. EST on Tuesday. I promise this time. And I promise you'll like it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:41 am

OK, who's the Big Player?
1.Espn
2.Cbs sports
3.Yahoo
4.Nbc sports
5.NFPC
6.Rotoworld
7.?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:47 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
1.Espn
2.Cbs sports
3.Yahoo
4.Nbc sports
5.NFPC
6.Rotoworld
7.Fox Sports That's a good list you now have. Good work. I think we'd love to have any of these companies promoting the live events space, right? Think of how fast this area of the market could grow if one of these companies was involved. Man, that would be exciting. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:56 am

7.Fox Sports

Greg, is that the winner?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:47 am

7.Fox Sports

Greg, is that the winner? I just added that because Fox Sports makes the list complete. I'm not saying we're with any of those companies, it must made the list complete. One more day and we'll finally be able to announce our plans.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:40 am

This is like telling a kid on Christmas morning that Christmas has been delayed until the 26th...sorry, kid.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:46 am

1.Espn
2.Cbs sports
3.Yahoo
4.Nbc sports
5.NFPC
6.Rotoworld
7.? I'm going with:
NFPC-National Federation of Priests' Councils
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:58 am

CBS Sports blocked me from their messageboards a few years ago, for talking about the NFFC on their messageboards. I guess it was seen as soliciting. They wouldn't even acknowledge my emails to them regarding the blocking of my screen name from their boards.

If you guys have merged with them, I expect a formal apology from them, and a free entry into the 2008 Main Event if they want my business. I fully expect you guys to work this out before the announcement tomorrow.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:54 am

Hopefully none of the bigger names (Fox, ESPN, CBS etc.) are involved. The bigger they are the more customer service suffers. I think that the owners hands on approach is what has helped NFFC grow. The same was true for WCOFF until Lenny sold out.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:47 am

I agree Mike. We'll have to see tomorrow who the new partner is. Greg and Tom have always run the event as if it were a hometown league. They have always run it as if they were actually playing in it. Hopefully whoever the partner is, they take it as seriously(or personally) as Greg and Tom do.

It's great when you've got a commissioner who loves the game. If anyone has played in a fantasy league where the commissioner doesn't seem to enjoy it and he feels like he's being overworked, the league usually suffers because of it. I have yet to see that from Greg or Tom. They always say how much work they put into this, but they are venting and not complaining. They've been just like all of us diehard fantasy players since day one. Crazy about the game. That's what keeps everyone coming back.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."