Observations

GOD Loves You

Observations

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:48 am

HEY DYV ....Just wondering how your Barney obsession came about. You have mentioned his name in a handful of post's. Were you the guy behind the mask? I pegged you more as the teletubbies/wiggles type! ;) :D
Remember GOD Loves You
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:40 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
HEY DYV ....Just wondering how your Barney obsession came about. You have mentioned his name in a handful of post's. Were you the guy behind the mask? I pegged you more as the teletubbies/wiggles type! ;) :D
Remember GOD Loves You
Barney makes me puke.

God loves me, though ;)

Dyv

[ September 05, 2005, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:32 am

I've changed my mind. Bets are off and I'm done with this topic.

Good luck to everyone.

I'm not at all upset with these two guys for picking whomever they wanted - The problem is what it has allowed others to do. I fully respect their rights to toss their cash into the wind if they choose and if they win with this draft approach I will be the first to congratulate and apologize to them.

On the other hand, a LOT of people may have benefitted from this, um, strategy. If the overall winner comes from this nest then I will feel it was a good GM with an excessive dose of good fortune!

I believe there were no more than 2 owners (max) that had the idea that maybe Peyton should go first overall. I believe there may have been only 1 owner who had the notion that C-Pep should be #2 overall. The odds of them landing in the same league AND drawing the #1 and #2 draft slots are quite remarkable.

Still, when it all settles in - it's the effect on everyone else in their leagues that is most disturbing.

Good luck,

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

BillyWaz

Observations

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:45 am

Hey Dyv,

Was the guy from LeaderBoard Sports in Chicago one of your guysin the LBS vs World? If so, you could be in trouble.

He didn't know over half the guys first names, and made some VERY questionable picks.

I know your better, but you know what they say about "a team is only as good as its weakest link!"

I just wish I was drafting against him tonight in the Fantasy Jungle (he is in the other league! :(

Jersey Dawg

Observations

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:41 am

Perry - Nice hearing from you. I'll be in Vegas this weekend for another "event" similar to this one. I have pick 1 there too, so I know LT won't fall to team 3 in at least one of the leagues.

Hope to see you there. I'm bringing my nephew for his first draft ever. I think he knows about 3 NFL players by name. It will be a great weekend anyway. We're doing the party and the "viewing".

Pete

Tom Kessenich

Observations

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:10 am

Dave, I have to agree that it's extremely premature to call these guys out. One of the great things about fantasy sports is that there isn't one sure-fire method that is always going to result in a league championship. Are there methods you, me and others believe strongly in? Absolutely. But do you win every league you're in? I know I don't and I like to think I know a little bit about football and fantasy football. Just a little.

Looking back to last year if someone had drafted Muhsin Muhammad as the first WR in their league how hard would you have laughed? Pretty damn hard. Now how hard would you have been laughing after the season was over? Point being a lot of crazy s... stuff ... can happen during the course of the season and we simply don't know if one strategy or any other is going to pay off at this point in time.

Was I surprised by the Manning-Culpepper 1-2 picks? Absolutely. Was it something I would do? Nope it isn't. But that hardly makes it wrong. If these guys absolutely believed that Manning and Culpepper were the best guys in the draft this year (and with the 6 point/TD pass rule you can defintely make an argument in their favor -- especially when you factor in CPepp's rushing production as well) then they picked them where they deserved to go because there's no way either guy was realistically going to be on the board for them in the second round. Also keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago when a QB (Kurt Warner) was considered by many to be the No. 1 overall pick in fantasy drafts. So it's not like we're dipping our toes into uncharted waters by any means.

In my personal opinion, there's definitely a risk involved in the approach that was used in the New York league. But once again I think it's entirely premature to say these guys have made gigantic blunders or have no clue what they're doing. We really have to wait and see how things play out and it's still a long season.

But that's my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

fcphantom

Observations

Post by fcphantom » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:21 am

BillyWaz,
Which Chicago league? We had Leaderboarders in 1,3,4 and 5. Not sure which of the guys were in LBS vs. the World, but I wasn't one of them (League 1, pick 13) - couldn't make the draft nights.

Nag'

Observations

Post by Nag' » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:48 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
Oh, I'm definitely not chickening out. You have championed their cause to the point where I now believe them to be brilliant moves by savvy veteran fantasy gamers.

How about I offer you 9 to 1 odds that neither wins their league for a simple $100 commitment from you. I'll stand the $900. If you wish to increase it simply offer.

Dyv Let's make it $50. I had no intention of making this bet but I'm a sucker for pot odds. Plus I simply can't pass up opportunity to take money from your pocket and keep reminding you of it the rest of the year.
For Players. By Players.

Ted's Cracked Head

Observations

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:36 pm

Tom is right. There is no real way to determine who has the better teams at this point and it is exactly what makes this game so much fun. The fact that you can try and predict the future of these players when in reality they have to play a brutal game with numerous variables. On paper it looks like I got a gift at 1.3 but time will tell.

The bad news is I have a history of losing first round players to injury so the rest of you out there with the first pick and LT, you may have just been screwed by this "Gift". Sorry to break the bad news to you all.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

TradeStar28

Observations

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:24 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Tom is right. There is no real way to determine who has the better teams at this point and it is exactly what makes this game so much fun. The fact that you can try and predict the future of these players when in reality they have to play a brutal game with numerous variables. On paper it looks like I got a gift at 1.3 but time will tell.

The bad news is I have a history of losing first round players to injury so the rest of you out there with the first pick and LT, you may have just been screwed by this "Gift". Sorry to break the bad news to you all. Maybe Teams 1 & 2 wanted to hand you LT2 as a charitable donation. Didnt u mention that is where the $100,000 is going if you win ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again