Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:43 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Greg - before anyone gets anywhere close to your options above, Favre has to submit in writing a request to rejoin the team - which he still hasn't done. I laughed this morning with his agent saying the ball was in the Packer's court and he and Brett were just waiting for their response - response to what: no paperwork from Favre to Green Bay and all this crap is just speculation because there is nothing else to talk about.....at least until training camps open That's exactly right. And if he decides to ask for reinstatement and holds out of camp, he still hasn't gained any leverage. It's when he shows up for camp that the Packers will have to do something.

Interestingly, his agent will likely watch to see how much salary cap room the Packers have. Right now they have a lot, but if they get under $12 million of the cap, Favre could play hardball and report and they'd have to take on his salary. If they need to unload contracts to get under the salary cap, he'd be the first to go. But that means a trade and he may not like the team the Packers pick.

Still, he has a chance to hurt the Packers by not allowing them to sign free agents or players to extensions with his $12 million salary possibly being on the books. What a mess he's created. What a mess.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Inf4life

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Inf4life » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:49 am

I for one am tired of seeing and hearing about this every waking second on tv. Him and the Packers need to make up their damn minds and let this thing go. I for one can't stand Brett Farve. Never have and never will. This situation is just one of the examples of why. I just wish the season would start so this will end.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

superdac

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by superdac » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
For the newbies checking out the site tonight, provide an honest testimonial about the NFFC and NFBC along with your biggest criticism of our contests. Don't sugarcoat it because there's good and bad in everyone and every fantasy sports contest!! :D I always plan to do this in the threads after the draft events, but my post-draft euphoria blinds me to any irritations.

Good: Best customer service, period. Good competition. Professionally run. Events are always a blast. Any "negatives" are hardly worth mentioning because of the superiority of the positives of the event.

Bad: Why we can not have separate rooms when it is possible **cough**orlandoNFBC**cough** is unknown to me. When I saw the walls taken down after Fridays events for the Saturday main to create a single, big room--a solitary tear streamed down my cheek.

Ridiculously-loud facilitators--Seems like there are always a few people who are trying to be heard by every table in the room. The jokes are rarely as funny as they think. And it is always a little irritating when your under-the-radar closer/RB handcuff is bellowed out by Carrot Top 2.0 from three tables over--right before it is your turn to pick.

Breakers of the laptop rule--They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Rationing beer cards like they are the last morsels in a Russian bread line....unacceptable.

Ugly--Typically those of us around the table....bring back the ladies!!! :D

Tom Kessenich

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:02 am

Originally posted by BMA:

Breakers of the laptop rule--They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

With regard to this one if anyone in any of our cities sees this being violated please contact the NFFC/NBC representative who is in charge of each city. That's Greg in Las Vegas, myself in New York, Scott Kelnhofer in Chicago and Scott Fragale in Orlando. Let us know as soon as you see this and we will take care of it.

As far as questions for Gekko, I have one - where's my YouTube video? :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Inf4life

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Inf4life » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 am

I don't feel like doing a read back so can what is the "laptop rule"??

pizzatyme

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:11 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by BMA:

With regard to this one if anyone in any of our cities sees this being violated please contact the NFFC/NBC representative who is in charge of each city. That's Greg in Las Vegas, myself in New York, Scott Kelnhofer in Chicago and Scott Fragale in Orlando. Let us know as soon as you see this and we will take care of it.

As far as questions for Gekko, I have one - where's my YouTube video? :D
[/QUOTE]What rule regarding laptops is being broken?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:13 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
As far as questions for Gekko, I have one - where's my YouTube video? :D FYI 1 - I've been told to keep my videos a bit shorter in length, otherwise i may lose some of my audience.

FYI 2 - I didn't pick any candy-ass sleepers/busts.

Coming Attractions...
Football
1) QB Sleeper/Bust
2) RB Sleeper/Bust
3) WR Sleeper/Bust
4) TE Sleeper/Bust
5) K Sleeper/Bust
6) D/ST Sleeper Bust
7) Atlantic City - The Lost Files (maybe. if i decide to do it, won't be till the weekend)

Baseball
1) What it's like to be in the hunt for the 100K. (I'm currently 3rd out of 390 teams)

:D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Captain Hook

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
I don't feel like doing a read back so can what is the "laptop rule"?? I presume he is referring to pluggin them in at/around the draft table.

It is fine to use a laptop, but you are not entitled to plug it into hotel connections AT the draft table (presuming back of the room or side outlets during breaks are still okay).

Inf4life

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Inf4life » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:50 pm

quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
I don't feel like doing a read back so can what is the "laptop rule"?? I presume he is referring to pluggin them in at/around the draft table.

It is fine to use a laptop, but you are not entitled to plug it into hotel connections AT the draft table (presuming back of the room or side outlets during breaks are still okay).
[/QUOTE]That's what I figured he was referring to.

Tom Kessenich

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:25 pm

quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:

[/QUOTE]This is correct. Again, if anybody sees this rule being violated during a draft please contact the person in charge of the city you're in. We'll make sure this is taken care of.

And Gekko, I meant your YouTube video when you interviewed the guy who was running New York for baseball. I'm guessing if you put that up the hits will keep on comin. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich