NFFC Survey Coming On FAAB Options

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:47 am

Okay, it's time to get the input of all of our NFFC members on the FAAB deadline for 2012. The NFL has spoken and Thursday Night Football EVERY WEEK is going to be a part of our football weekend from here on out, so we must deal with it as a hobby and as a contest.

The discussion in the last week has narrowed our choices for the NFFC to six viable options. I will create a survey next week and email it to all of our members for input. The survey will allow users to RANK their preferences in order, giving us as much feedback as possible. I will then ask one more question for all of you to give us your one choice if you had to choose just one. This will give us a range of answers for the first question and a more direct answer when it's time to make a more definitive decision.

The feedback will be used in our decision, but ultimately all of us here at STATS has to make the final call on this. We want this decision to be the last one we have to make on this and thus it has to be the RIGHT DECISION. Help us make it by taking the time to fill out the survey. Thanks.

Here's how we'll word it. Any input you can provide before we finally send it out is appreciated:

Survey Questions:

1. The NFL has announced that there will be one game every Thursday Night from Weeks 1-15 in 2012 and beyond, which is good for NFL fans yet tough for fantasy football players. With the first game of the week now every Thursday, a decision must be made on when to host FAAB each week in the NFL.

The NFFC has narrowed our choices down to six options. Please rank in the order of your preference from 1-6 (with one being your favorite and 6 being your least favorite) among these choices:

a) 2 FAAB periods: full FAAB late Wednesday night; a second FAAB on Friday night of all remaining free agents who weren't picked up on Wednesday. No cut players from Wednesday can re-enter the free agent pool for Friday

b) 2 FAAB periods: Wednesday night for just the players on both Thursday Night teams; then a full Friday night FAAB for players on the remaining 30 teams. No cut players from Wednesday can re-enter the free agent pool for Friday

c) Wednesday late night only FAAB deadline Weeks 2-13

d) Keep our current structure of Friday only FAAB Weeks 2-9 with nobody having access to the Thursday Night players the week of that game and then move to Wednesday only FAAB on Thanksgiving and keep that for Weeks 10-13

e) Friday late night only FAAB deadline Weeks 2-13; Thursday Night Players would have to be picked up the week before

f) 1 FAAB period: Thursday afternoon only FAAB before the Thursday Night Game; no other FAAB after the game

2. If given just one choice for FAAB in the NFFC in 2012, which one would you choose:

a) 2 FAAB periods: full FAAB late Wednesday night; a second FAAB on Friday night of all remaining free agents who weren't picked up on Wednesday. No cut players from Wednesday can re-enter the free agent pool for Friday

b) 2 FAAB periods: Wednesday night for just the players on both Thursday Night teams; then a full Friday night FAAB for players on the remaining 30 teams. No cut players from Wednesday can re-enter the free agent pool for Friday

c) Wednesday late night only FAAB deadline Weeks 2-13

d) Keep our current structure of Friday only FAAB Weeks 2-9 with nobody having access to the Thursday Night players the week of that game and then move to Wednesday only FAAB on Thanksgiving and keep that for Weeks 10-13

e) Friday late night only FAAB deadline Weeks 2-13; Thursday Night Players would have to be picked up the week before

f) 1 FAAB period: Thursday afternoon only FAAB before the Thursday Night Game; no other FAAB after the game

[ February 16, 2012, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 am

Let me know your thoughts on the above. Thanks all.

By the way, I tried to organize the options where we had the two FAAB period options together followed by the four one FAAB option without adding another series of questions. Hopefully this is simpler and it works.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:59 am

Great job, Greg. Thank you.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:38 am

This survey is done and has been approved to be sent to our NFFC audience. Don't be surprised if you see it via email today or tomorrow. We will send to our audience several times if needed to get a strong response. Please take the time to fill it out when you get it this week. Thanks.

renman

Post by renman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:03 am

Has this survey been sent out yet? I haven't received it.

hammer

Post by hammer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 am

Got mine.

Survey Completed.

Thanks Greg.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:35 am

Originally posted by hammer:
Got mine.

Survey Completed.

Thanks Greg. Thanks Matt. Yes, this went out via email this morning. It takes a bit to fully understand Question 1, but read the six options and then rank them in the order you'd like. That will really help us gauge the level of interest in these options.

The second question basically asks if you had to choose only 1 of the options, which one would you take. If we get strong evidence for one option from both of these questions, it's very possible that our decision will be made without further input. But we'll see how this plays out.

Give us about a week to let this play out before announcing the results. I'm sure we'll send it out again next week as one last reminder. Thanks all for taking the time to do it and encourage your NFFC mates to fill it out. This is an important decision for the NFFC that will affect our contest going forward.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:50 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by hammer:
Got mine.

Survey Completed.

Thanks Greg. Thanks Matt. Yes, this went out via email this morning. It takes a bit to fully understand Question 1, but read the six options and then rank them in the order you'd like. That will really help us gauge the level of interest in these options.

The second question basically asks if you had to choose only 1 of the options, which one would you take. If we get strong evidence for one option from both of these questions, it's very possible that our decision will be made without further input. But we'll see how this plays out.

Give us about a week to let this play out before announcing the results. I'm sure we'll send it out again next week as one last reminder. Thanks all for taking the time to do it and encourage your NFFC mates to fill it out. This is an important decision for the NFFC that will affect our contest going forward.
[/QUOTE]Got mine too. Completed and sent in. Be curious to see the results.