NFFC Plans for 2010?

bald is beautiful

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...yep - agreed here...man, this year T&G are very late to the game here imho...up unti now (VERY close to April already and nary a peep!) baseball simply can't be THAT important and all time-consuming, can it?...GK Actually, yes, it can. It is insane with two weekends of drafts and trying to iron out Fanball's new software issues.

Glenneration X

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Hey Guys, just an FYI...

I spent a little time chatting with Tom about football while at Citifield this past weekend, basically looking for a quick update on when we can expect some news to come out.

Basically it comes down to this. Greg & Tom have been absolutely swamped with the changes incorporated this year due to the Fanball merger, the baseball live drafts over two weekends, the new baseball contests, and the changeover to a new backend server. With the live drafts having taken place the last two weeks, they've been even busier.
The baseball priority continues on this week with the final Online Championship & Satellite drafts, the loading of all the leagues, and the final tweaks (right now much more than tweaks) of the new backend server & FAAB.
Basically they have no time for their families, let alone football.

I was given this tiny bit of info....
Greg & Tom expect to be preoccupied with baseball until opening day. They will then take one day off. Then it's football time. So if you can, be patient for one and a half more weeks. Then we should be getting some attention over here.

Hope this helps & catch you all soon,
Glenn

Mike Costaglio

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Mike Costaglio » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 pm

X, every year baseball is the reason for the delay. Knowing that, it would be prudent to get your plans for football posted before you get knee deep in baseball.
I am not sure you can grow your football base if you are pre-occupied elsewhere.
Thanks for the update as it catches up on the delay but does not catch us up to the competition.

kapefear

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by kapefear » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:43 am

I really understand......., but We haven't heard a peep and have been very patient,but that said,throw some pigskin around,just a shoutout,saying something!!!!!!!

Mike Costaglio

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Mike Costaglio » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:50 am

You know you are an orphan when the NFFC home page is still displaying the countdown for the 2009 draft.

Roger

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Roger » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Glenneration - When you spoke with Tom, did he give you any inside info on where the East Coast draft venues are going to be? My money is on that they are going to follow the baseball model and go with Atlantic City one weekend, and new Jets-Giants stadium (if they have a club area along the lines of Citi Field / Gillette Stadium) on a second weekend.

Diesel

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Diesel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Well, once the events are announced, and we get some feedback about how the new website handles baseball, I know I've been eagerly anticipating the first NFFC Auction Championships.

How many others online here lately are considering the Auction Championship? I'm going to be very frugal this year with my fantasy hobby, but the Auction Championship looks to be a great idea. I hope all auction players jump in.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

kapefear

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by kapefear » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 am

Diesel, I think this was added just for you...I'd love to have a venue at Gillette,there is NO doubt they would be able to accomidate a drft, I think...PLEASE MR. KRAFT.....

TamuScarecrow

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:05 am

I need to see details, Marc, before I commit to the Auction Championship but I am seriously considering it. It has been 2 years since I auctioned but the 2 years I played I won both regular seasons and cashed.

A crumb or two from the aristocracy would quiet the citizenry, but I am understanding of the baseball priority with this being the first year of NFBC/Fanball.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ