Fanball in Chicago= AWESOME!!!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:23 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:
I'll make sure to let everyone know about this thread.

I know Mike, Seth, Jeff, Danny, Kyle, Corey and Matt worked really hard to pull this off.

Thanks again for taking time out and letting me know. I'm sure they will be thrilled by the kind words! They did an EXCELLENT job all weekend, kudos to the staff for the entire event. I do have to say however, that our Primetime league was completely OUT OF CONTROL due to a couple beligerent owners of a team. The staff was overheard asking them several times to quiet down, but it never worked. Several in my draft asked for something to be done, but the three of them just kept it up, the entire draft. You couldn't hear the picks being made and while you were on the clock, they yammered loudly the whole time. The guy sitting beside me brought his friend in as a co-manager this year and told him before the draft how quiet and professional these leagues are. He was shocked and said he would be calling Greg and that he would not be back unless this was addressed. I'm a DIE HARD and sure, no big deal right? Guys, I felt the same way. It was BAD.

Somewhere in the rules it needs addressed. Anytime somebody did ask them, they responded harshly to them. They tried their best to make it uncomfortable for others. As for me, I tried my best to tune it out, but I know others wanted me to say something, so there it is.
[/QUOTE]That would not have happen in NYC. Sorry to hear that Scott. Those three guys should get the boot for sure. Good Luck and keep up the Great job on the Blog, tell Mike he's the Best for me, Thanks. :D

John

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:34 am

On that note Greg, I always thought the rule was only one co. The said team had two which subsequently squeezed some folks who did not have a co and paid their money and were entitled to have their space. One team actually got so fed up that they stopped the draft, moved to the other end of the table and subsequently caused others to be disrupted. Every drafter should be afforded the same courtesy and respect thus maybe it's time to lock down the number of folks a team can have at a table....
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:37 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
On that note Greg, I always thought the rule was only one co. The said team had two which subsequently squeezed some folks who did not have a co and paid their money and were entitled to have their space. One team actually got so fed up that they stopped the draft, moved to the other end of the table and subsequently caused others to be disrupted. Every drafter should be afforded the same courtesy and respect thus maybe it's time to lock down the number of folks a team can have at a table.... if that happened to me, i woulda had them stop the draft and get Ryan/Tom over to squash the bullshit right from the start. if that didn't work, i'd tell them to get Greg on the phone.

[ September 07, 2009, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:40 am

Anytime somebody did ask them, they responded harshly to them. They tried their best to make it uncomfortable for others. what??? who was in charge in chicago, and were they alerted? or was it just left up to the facilitators of the league to handle.

if that happened in NY, i would have had Ryan/Tom over there right from the start. it woulda been solved in 2 minutes.

[ September 07, 2009, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:46 am

Wow, that happened in our league during the Classic! I happened to be on the phone and couldn't believe how loud it was in there! I was shocked when Bill told me they were moving Team #14 over to sit beside team #1. Complete bullcrap!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

RyanHouston

Post by RyanHouston » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:48 am

Mike Sheet was in charge in Chicago.

I've heard from quite a few players in that league and the overwhelming response was that Fanball did pretty much everything they could do to squash it.

Different people obviously have different perspectives, but from my perspective and the information I've received from many individuals -- I think we learned a lot from this experience and will ensure it doesn't happen in the future.
Ryan Houston
Fanball.com
Senior VP Marketing & Business Development
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanhouston

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 am

Ryan,
We have a MB code of conduct. Having a Draft Day code of conduct makes sense, no?

[ September 07, 2009, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

RyanHouston

Post by RyanHouston » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:03 am

This seems odd -- coming from you Gekko given our "history".

I'll huddle with Greg / Tom / Charlie and see how we want to handle these issues moving forward.

Keep in mind -- the word "issues" is interesting in this scenario because it impacts people differently so we need to come up with a plan.
Ryan Houston
Fanball.com
Senior VP Marketing & Business Development
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanhouston

superdac

Post by superdac » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 am

They did an EXCELLENT job all weekend, kudos to the staff for the entire event. I do have to say however, that our Primetime league was completely OUT OF CONTROL due to a couple beligerent owners of a team. The staff was overheard asking them several times to quiet down, but it never worked. Several in my draft asked for something to be done, but the three of them just kept it up, the entire draft. You couldn't hear the picks being made and while you were on the clock, they yammered loudly the whole time. The guy sitting beside me brought his friend in as a co-manager this year and told him before the draft how quiet and professional these leagues are. He was shocked and said he would be calling Greg and that he would not be back unless this was addressed. I'm a DIE HARD and sure, no big deal right? Guys, I felt the same way. It was BAD.

Somewhere in the rules it needs addressed. Anytime somebody did ask them, they responded harshly to them. They tried their best to make it uncomfortable for others. As for me, I tried my best to tune it out, but I know others wanted me to say something, so there it is. Agree 100%

I was at the adjacent table and it was ridiculous. I assumed they were buzzed and would calm down (or be encouraged to do so), yet they never seemed to reel it in. I was able to tune it out for the most part but i felt bad for the people in that league.

I did get a laugh at the end. Our draft was done and I had packed up, signed off, checked out the boards and said some goodbyes. The league in question was the only one still drafting and, as I was leaving, I think I heard the disruptive owners say "Why are we the only league still drafting?.

I could imagine the 13 other owners biting their tongues.

With that lone exception everything went great. Appreciate the pics. Staff was on top of their games.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:11 am

I was in that Primetime league as well.

It was VERY annoying, and while it was distracting, they did some things with THEIR draft that pretty much ensures that Chicago 3 is now an 11 team league, rather than a 12. ;)

It shouldn't happen ever, but I will trade jawing and grandstanding ALL day long for a team that makes some very "iffy" draft decisions in my league.

I still say the Fanball staff did an outstanding job overall for the weekend! :D