Fanball in Chicago= AWESOME!!!

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:30 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
What NY'ers do at a ballgame, when ONE person acts stupid...ONE HUNDRED people chant "A**HOLE!". It usually works, and the person either gets so mad that they are ejected from the ballgame, or they sit down and shut up. Next year, if someone like this is getting to everyone that bad, remember the one team is against 11 others.

Then again, I KNOW what will shut guys like this up...GIRLS putting the stickers on the boards! Hot chicks make even the worst jacka$$es at least pretend to be civil. Really agree with the last part in chi in 07 I believe it was a niece of one of the contestants and a friend?

But they were smokin and the draft table could probably do nothing but drool in between picks :D

Unfortunately it knocked me off my game so much it made me forget that Brady was gonna throw for 50tds :confused:
2008 double playoffs!!

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:06 am

The last thing I'd like to add to this is we should all think about how bad this is for all of us!

This is my third year and no they didn't put me on tilt (I was drafting in both leagues just a couple spots from them) but imagine this is your first year at a national contest and you have to sit next to these guys! You complain and not much is done, would you come back?!?

We've only heard from a few guys that were in these leagues and only the established players because generally the newbies to this contest don't apply for message board status this early.

Don't be surprised if it is difficult to fill up the four leagues we've had in Chicago for the last few years!

Funny how they were so talkative during the draft and now its crickets we hear coming from their end of the MB...
Pat Sorge

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:22 am

I guess I was fortunate not to be in their league. (Although I would much rather have had them sitting to my right than Billywaz! :D )

I was at the other end of the room and never heard a word. I hate that happened but my experience with fanball was extremely positive. They even knew how to pronounce that players names!

Wayne

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:49 am

You guys are right...A few people would end up handling this differently and it might have turned out to be MUCH worse. But in my years of hearing people talk smack...they almost ALWAYS are the people who DON'T win any money. This was definitely an isolated incident, because almost everyone knows how to handle themsevles here. But just like the regular, everyday world, you come into some people that have nothing to do but razz anyone that crosses their world's path...

Let it roll off your shoulders...Try and take their money in the contest. It's the BEST comeback you can give. I LOVE taking somebody's money when they try and razz me in anything...lol...There's a certain guy with a Johnny Walker Blue addiction that I'm going to have to take money from AGAIN this year because he razzed me about buying 2 TE's again this year in the auction. ;) You can't get mad. You just have to win.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Bleh, I heard them across the room a few times. They weren't in my league this year, but they were last year.

It's a group of guys having fun with their picks and talking and whooping some. That's it.

Honestly if it's that easy to throw half a table off their game I'll be the loud one next year
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:33 am

I was across the room and during the draft I could hear that something was going on there. I walked by on our break and witnessed some of the jabbering and was thankful I wasn't drafting at that table. There's a difference between fun and annoyance. From my brief walkby, this seemed more like annoyance.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:31 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
The last thing I'd like to add to this is we should all think about how bad this is for all of us!

This is my third year and no they didn't put me on tilt (I was drafting in both leagues just a couple spots from them) but imagine this is your first year at a national contest and you have to sit next to these guys! You complain and not much is done, would you come back?!?

We've only heard from a few guys that were in these leagues and only the established players because generally the newbies to this contest don't apply for message board status this early.

Don't be surprised if it is difficult to fill up the four leagues we've had in Chicago for the last few years!

Funny how they were so talkative during the draft and now its crickets we hear coming from their end of the MB... I do appreciate that Chris and his partners have come online and explained their behavior in Chicago and hopefully some of the folks now have a chance to PM them personally and tell them what they thought of their behavior, good or bad. I think that's important. I know how others feel and it's coming from several different members, so Chris should know that and see their comments.

Pat is absolutely right. We have a lot of first time members and impressions are everything. We have a retention rate of 75+% and we have that because we go above the call of duty to make sure EVERYONE has a good time. For first timers in this league in Chicago, it might have been bad enough to turn folks away. And already I have NFFC veterans who say this might make them think twice about next year.

We have every intention of growing the live events while our online contests grow separately. Making the live experience something special is one of our primary goals. Things like this makes it tough to accomplish goal. But it won't get out of hand again, I promise you. And I will make sure everyone knows that going forward.

Now let's move on and start the season. Good luck everyone and let the games begin.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:35 am

i would like to say that Chicago was a GREAT experience for my wife and i. it was our first NFFC live event and we had a blast. we thoroughly enjoyed meeting everybody, and being a part of the draft. sorry chris and pals are getting so much grief, they were a little loud, but definitely it was all in fun for them.

it was good to meet up with guys and put faces to names..wayneE, jeffC, robB, bobS, big mike, darrylL, dickD, mikeD, bwaz, jimW and wife, nolan, chrisG, chrisS. to name a few. it's a pleasure to be part of such a group of guys.

i hope i didn't annoy any owners close to me for being on the phone during the entire classic and primetime drafts with my co-owner Russ Steele, but it couldn't be helped, as even though he couldn't be there, he wanted to be as much a part of the experience as possible.

anyway, thanks to the NFFC and Fanball for a great weekend and good luck to all...although i hope your trailing the MidwestExpress in the end.
:D ;)

bill