Critique my recent Slow DC draft please.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 pm

snake, i'm not bryan, i'm pete suni, team 5. i'll go 50 bucks, your team vs. mine. not sure we should be posting about side bets on this message board though.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Let the slippery slope begin....
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
snake, i'm not bryan, i'm pete suni, team 5. i'll go 50 bucks, your team vs. mine. not sure we should be posting about side bets on this message board though. ...you're not Sir Bryan but rather Team #5 Comrade Suni?...even better...50 in loot it is - The Serpent will PM you his SNAKEpit address so that you know exactly where to send the winnings...thanks much...SNAKE [/QUOTE]Oh boy..... the infamous "you don't like my team? I'll bet you my house, wife and kid" Snake post! :rolleyes:

blowinmudd

Post by blowinmudd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Random thoughts on Bryan's team (from the 14 hole):

Derrick Mason way too early, especially coming off an injury...it's great to follow your instincts, but give me Santonio Holmes over Mason any day. Or Beanie Wells, Marshawn Lynch, Lance Moore, Jonathan Stewart or Chad Johnson (Rich is correct in assessment of 85).

Plax too early (I'm guilty of that too).

I would have like to see some more upside-ish picks in the last 6 rounds. I doubt those guys ever see the light of day. Not that many of our guys drafted then will, but there will be a couple that surprise.

No Sorgi? We know he sucks, but if Peyton goes down, he's an active arm...maybe take him with one of your last 6 picks.

I liked how you tried to corner the Indy 3rd WR market with Collie and Garcon.

I'm surprised you didn't grab Sam Hurd, because you have Austin..Hurd would be a nice fit on your team and you could have had him instead Sinorice Moss.

I like your first 4 picks, even Derrick Ward, but would have liked to see him paired with a better RB (this is where drafting Mason in the 5th hurt). Although I think Benson is decent value, but there was better value to be had.

I like the Greg Olsen pick...he'll put up solid numbers with Cutler throwing to him.

Just looking at the flow of your draft, the Mason pick really stands out. As in missed opportunity. Get a better RB to pair with Ward and you could still have had Mason or Holt or Berrian.

Not a fan of back2back DEF picks, thought you left some talent on the boards for others to scoop up.

Sorry about the Auto-Select and Stover, that will hurt you. Thank you very much for your honest feedback.

blowinmudd

Post by blowinmudd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Originally posted by GK:
snake, i'm not bryan, i'm pete suni, team 5. i'll go 50 bucks, your team vs. mine. not sure we should be posting about side bets on this message board though. ...you're not Sir Bryan but rather Team #5 Comrade Suni?...even better...50 in loot it is - The Serpent will PM you his SNAKEpit address so that you know exactly where to send the winnings...thanks much...SNAKE [/QUOTE]I see that I'm being called out by the snake.I'll bite but lets bet something other than cash. How about pride?Your choice.

1. How about winner get to write the losers signature from Super Bowl to Super Bowl?
2.Snake can't use the word snake on the messageboard for one year.
3.You can't talk about yourself in the third person on the message board for one year.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Blowinmudd:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
snake, i'm not bryan, i'm pete suni, team 5. i'll go 50 bucks, your team vs. mine. not sure we should be posting about side bets on this message board though. ...you're not Sir Bryan but rather Team #5 Comrade Suni?...even better...50 in loot it is - The Serpent will PM you his SNAKEpit address so that you know exactly where to send the winnings...thanks much...SNAKE [/QUOTE]I see that I'm being called out by the snake.I'll bite but lets bet something other than cash. How about pride?Your choice.

1. How about winner get to write the losers signature from Super Bowl to Super Bowl?
2.Snake can't use the word snake on the messageboard for one year.
3.You can't talk about yourself in the third person on the message board for one year.
[/QUOTE]...nah as SNAKE should never have pulled you in to the conversation here in the first place...this was simply a case of mistaken identity...so sorry here comrade...hehehe...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]In other words Bryan, Snake doesn't think he can beat you!! :D
@RedRyder