MidSeason Draft Day_Blues_DC_Satellite League:

dobberlins

Post by dobberlins » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Gekko,

Sign me up. Really like the draft champions format.

Mike Lins

Poopy Tooth

BubbasHouse

Post by BubbasHouse » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:34 pm

Gek - Big Mike and I have discussed this but with the draft on Wednesday we'd be a no go. Thursday we'd be there. Don't know if Mike PM'd you or not - expected to see his post here. If the date changes - put us on the list - otherwise happy drafting.

Also, hate the 28 rounds as I was fan of original 24 before it moved to 26. We all handicap solidly enough to go that deep - but you introduce the luck factor if you have players in 25-28 paying off. I would hate to lose a league as the best team but get nipped by the schmo that happened to have this years version of Gado05/Droughns04/etc..... like the "handicapping wisdom" is why these folks were on the roster in the first place. But I'm sure there are some folks that may want and/or need that added buffer ;)

sranaghan

Post by sranaghan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:49 pm

how long will the draft take online? just curious..thanks guys...

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:37 pm

Jules McLean...in.
@RedRyder

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:18 pm

"Was drunk at your draft?"

That must be me.

If you are getting close and need a boost...I love the format...28 players and done...rules.

If it fills up really fast...I'm cool...already in 8 leagues...but these ones are so nice! (zero maintenance)

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:53 pm

Originally posted by sranaghan:
how long will the draft take online? just curious..thanks guys... depends how well everyone is prepared. my guess would be around 4 hours
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:56 pm

Originally posted by BubbasHouse:
Gek - Big Mike and I have discussed this but with the draft on Wednesday we'd be a no go. Thursday we'd be there. Don't know if Mike PM'd you or not - expected to see his post here. If the date changes - put us on the list - otherwise happy drafting.ya, draft will remain on wednesday. sorry.

Originally posted by BubbasHouse:
Also, hate the 28 rounds as I was fan of original 24 before it moved to 26. We all handicap solidly enough to go that deep - but you introduce the luck factor if you have players in 25-28 paying off. I would hate to lose a league as the best team but get nipped by the schmo that happened to have this years version of Gado05/Droughns04/etc..... na, i don't bye it. i hate 24 rounds and will never play in that format. not enough players means folks will be taking zeros some weeks.

26 is alright, but the rumble i heard from other folks is that 28 would be ideal.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:58 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
"Was drunk at your draft?"

That must be me.from what i heard, you were not the only one.

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
If you are getting close and need a boost...I love the format...28 players and done...rules.

If it fills up really fast...I'm cool...already in 8 leagues...but these ones are so nice! (zero maintenance)

~Lance lance - this league will fill. let me know if you want to be in for sure. it would be great if you could make it. thanks.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:35 am

Sure , one more time, because its a draftmasters theirs no work, i like that , have enough leagues i need to take care of.
7 SPOTS LEFT.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:45 am

Consider "Ted's Cracked Head" IN.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King