The NFFC Is At 304 ... And Counting

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I just had to post here to put this thread about that stupid FFOC thread I started. :D Carry on all and tomorrow we will form the main event leagues. Draft spots on Monday for sure. Just so I understand: Do we find out who is in our Leagues tomorrow, and then we get the draft slots on Monday?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Just so I understand: Do we find out who is in our Leagues tomorrow, and then we get the draft slots on Monday? Shrink - who/where are shown at the same time; maybe one of the contests could be ready to go tomorrow and one on Monday ???

[ August 23, 2008, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

slam

Post by slam » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:56 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, what time should we login for the beginning of the pulling out of the hat ceremonies? I hope i get the Gryffindoor house. Not Slythern.
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:01 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Just so I understand: Do we find out who is in our Leagues tomorrow, and then we get the draft slots on Monday? Shrink - who/where are shown at the same time; maybe one of the contests could be ready to go tomorrow and one on Monday ??? [/QUOTE]I read it as Greg/Tom know all the leagues/draft slots on Sunday, and make everyone squirm until Monday. Nah nah nah nah nah!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:10 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Just so I understand: Do we find out who is in our Leagues tomorrow, and then we get the draft slots on Monday? Shrink - who/where are shown at the same time; maybe one of the contests could be ready to go tomorrow and one on Monday ??? [/QUOTE]I read it as Greg/Tom know all the leagues/draft slots on Sunday, and make everyone squirm until Monday. Nah nah nah nah nah!
[/QUOTE]We aren't heartless my friend!!! :D This year we're going to do it once and we're going to do it right. :D The final participants need one last nudge and then we're there. Tom and I were on the phone and on e-mail all day yesterday and we know where we're going to land with everything. We'll prepare the leagues today, run the KDS and make sure we have everything right. We've coordinated all payments through Jill already and we've received the medical reports on all participants, so we think all is good to go. :D

Just give us this full day in the office to get everything right and to finalize these last handful of spots in each main event. Tom and I wish we could have gotten the draft spots out on Friday and given you the whole weekend to prepare for your draft spots, but honestly this is the best option for all involved as we'll now finish with 308 teams in the NFFC (22 leagues) and 252 teams for the NBC Sports NFFC Primetime (21 leagues). We can live with those numbers.

Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:37 am

Greg...since you have a firm idea of where everything will land, is there even the slightest possibility that something might be released tonight?

Thanks a ton for all of the hard work, and for all of the following that you and Tom have had to endure this year, including but not limited to: Losing 10,000 gallons of sweat equity one drop at a time, parenting of us unruly children, pre-stroke hypertension, premature aging, alcohol dependence, that unfortunate accidental tranquilizer overdose, the stress-related impotence, the failed marriage counseling, and having to moonlight as the message board police.

But most of all, thanks for being honest, open, always available, never dodging questions, never pulling back from promises in order to save a few bucks, always doing what you say you're going to do, and putting on the best damn Fantasy Football contest available on the planet. Period.

It's no mystery why I spend all of my Fantasy dollars here, or why I've invested over $7,500 (don't tell my wife) in NFFC/NBC-related Leagues this year. You guys are the gold standard of the industry, so keep it up!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:53 am

Richard Kidd of New York City has been in our baseball event for years and today he grabbed one of the last spots in our NFFC Classic main event in New York. We're closing this event out today with 22 full leagues overall. Thanks all. This is great stuff.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius