Start/Sit Week 3

mattjb

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by mattjb » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:26 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Sandman, I agree. I've checked into the recovery process from a punctured lung, even if it's a tiny puncture...Recovery time varies, but playing QB in the NFL 7 days after puncturing your lung is ridiculously dangerous. Injury reports are used to each coach's advantage. I'm starting to wonder about the whole story.

A week after everyone is questioning Romo's leadership and toughness he plays with a cracked rib and a punctured lung...hmmmm...maybe the punctured lung neve happened....good spin to portray Romo as not having the weaknesses people were citing the week before.

thegambler

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by thegambler » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:36 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
This is the week DWilly proves his worth. CAR will get ahead and he and Stewart will pile on rushing yards in the 4th quarter.

Ride him now! so far this year i can't seem to pick the right guy....so i am going to "ride" the sandman here, :D , and go with willy

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:51 am

Good luck. We'll be on the horse right next to ya! (in one of our Onlines)

Of course, BJGE could score a TD or two. But I expect a shootout (despite NE usually having Fitzpatrick's #) and I think Woodhead's on the field more than Law Firm. We shall see.

[ September 23, 2011, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Diesel

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Diesel » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:50 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
Sandman, I agree. I've checked into the recovery process from a punctured lung, even if it's a tiny puncture...Recovery time varies, but playing QB in the NFL 7 days after puncturing your lung is ridiculously dangerous. Injury reports are used to each coach's advantage. I'm starting to wonder about the whole story.

A week after everyone is questioning Romo's leadership and toughness he plays with a cracked rib and a punctured lung...hmmmm...maybe the punctured lung neve happened....good spin to portray Romo as not having the weaknesses people were citing the week before.
[/QUOTE]Matt, that would be some story if the Cowboys did this just to raise public opinion about Romo. But even with Jerry (Springer) Jones, I don't think Romo would take part in such a false story. It did look a little like bad acting when Romo kicked dirt on the sidelines though...lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Old School

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Old School » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 am

What a crock. There was never any "collapsed" lung.
He got a painkilling injection which may have slightly intruded into his lung tissue, but "collapsed" or "punctured"? What a joke. He'd be in the hospital.

southpaw24

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by southpaw24 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 am

In that "other" league where TE receptions count as 1.5, is Marcedes Lewis startable this week? He practiced yesterday so he looks good to go. I also have Keller and there are 2 flexes. Was going to go with Daniel Thomas in the other flex.
Not sure if I should go with the second TE with 1.5 PPR.

nolencole

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by nolencole » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:12 am

Speaking of TE, Antonio Gates is being held out practice...and a game time decision. So much for a comeback year.
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

alanr824

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by alanr824 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:42 am

Cam Newton or Matt Ryan

Shrink Attack

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:49 am

I posted this on a different thread, but it may have been more appropriately put here:

Beanie Wells and Steven Jackson are my RB#1 and RB#2 on my Classic team, and they BOTH play in late games (of course) so I'll have to make my lineup decisions prior to game time. :mad:

My backups are Pierre Thomas and Jonathan Stewart. :(

Both Wells and Jackson have tough rushing matchups to boot: Wells vs. Seattle run D (surprisingly stout so far...held Gore and Mendy in check) and Jackson vs. Baltimore.

Any advice from anyone?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BLACKHAND

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:41 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
Cam Newton or Matt Ryan Got the same problem. ryan or fitzpatrick in classic and rivers or fitzpatrick in primetime.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN