Start/Sit Week 3

CoMoHusker

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:02 pm

That Pat's secondary is horrid so I would roll with Fitz against them over Ryan.

The other decision is more difficult. Rivers seems like he throws for 300+ and a couple scores each week but they may be up by so much that they are strictly running the ball in the fourth. I think Fitz will be in a shootout all game so I would probably go that direction. I
Go Big Red!

mattjb

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by mattjb » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
I posted this on a different thread, but it may have been more appropriately put here:

Beanie Wells and Steven Jackson are my RB#1 and RB#2 on my Classic team, and they BOTH play in late games (of course) so I'll have to make my lineup decisions prior to game time. :mad:

My backups are Pierre Thomas and Jonathan Stewart. :(

Both Wells and Jackson have tough rushing matchups to boot: Wells vs. Seattle run D (surprisingly stout so far...held Gore and Mendy in check) and Jackson vs. Baltimore.

Any advice from anyone? Wells will be ok. I think there will be enough offense going around to play Thomas (just)

Toscano

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Toscano » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Pick 2 rb's one flex

Turner
Hightower
Fred Jackson
James Starks
Tony Gonzalez

and same league

Rodgers against the Bears or Cam Newton agains the Jag's?

Thanks

[ September 23, 2011, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Toscano ]

David U. Kennedy

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by David U. Kennedy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Originally posted by Toscano:
Pick 2 rb's one flex

Turner
Hightower
Fred Jackson
James Starks
Tony Gonzalez

and same league

Thanks Thats the beauty of drafting Rodgers you never ever ever ever sit him. Unless his arm falls off in practice.But then hed still have one good arm and you would still start him. Start Turner Hightower and Jackson. Jackson leads the league in rushing and the Pats dont play defense this year. Turner is the starting runner on a highly potent offense and will get at least 15 carries. Hightower hasnt lost his job to Helu yet and the Cowboys defense isnt the steel curtain. I know Cam has been hot but why on earth would you even consider benching the best QB in fantasy and probably your first pick?

Toscano

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Toscano » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Originally posted by wahoo:
quote:Originally posted by Toscano:
Pick 2 rb's one flex

Turner
Hightower
Fred Jackson
James Starks
Tony Gonzalez

and same league

Thanks Thats the beauty of drafting Rodgers you never ever ever ever sit him. Unless his arm falls off in practice.But then hed still have one good arm and you would still start him. Start Turner Hightower and Jackson. Jackson leads the league in rushing and the Pats dont play defense this year. Turner is the starting runner on a highly potent offense and will get at least 15 carries. Hightower hasnt lost his job to Helu yet and the Cowboys defense isnt the steel curtain. I know Cam has been hot but why on earth would you even consider benching the best QB in fantasy and probably your first pick?
[/QUOTE]Just thinking of riding the hot hand with Cam and with Rodgers playing Chicago. I'm thinking (as stupid as it sounds) to go with the best options to score the highest. It's not like I'm dropping Rodgers, just looking at the matchups with the possibility to gain the highest points.

southpaw24

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by southpaw24 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:37 am

Originally posted by southpaw24:
In that "other" league where TE receptions count as 1.5, is Marcedes Lewis startable this week? He practiced yesterday so he looks good to go. I also have Keller and there are 2 flexes. Was going to go with Daniel Thomas in the other flex.
Not sure if I should go with the second TE with 1.5 PPR. Anyone? Please?

DIESEL02

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by DIESEL02 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:47 am

Hey guys ...I've been leaving alot of points on the table so I'm going to the masses on your thought processes.

I need to pick one rb.....

BJGE or Tolbert

I also need to pick a wr and flex......

Wayne
Henderson
Decker
Sims-Walker
the loser of the BJGE and Tolbert rb choice

I guess what my problem is that I picked up Henderson and have been rolling with Tolbert at the flex (solid 1 ppr guy 12 team ) and had Henderson and Decker on the bench. But with Collins to Wayne combo and Indy playing Pitt.... I'm doubting myself in starting Wayne.

Thanks in advance for all responses
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

David U. Kennedy

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by David U. Kennedy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:42 am

Originally posted by Toscano:
quote:Originally posted by wahoo:
quote:Originally posted by Toscano:
Pick 2 rb's one flex

Turner
Hightower
Fred Jackson
James Starks
Tony Gonzalez

and same league

[/QUOTE]Just thinking of riding the hot hand with Cam and with Rodgers playing Chicago. I'm thinking (as stupid as it sounds) to go with the best options to score the highest. It's not like I'm dropping Rodgers, just looking at the matchups with the possibility to gain the highest points.
[/QUOTE]Well I tried but do you want to be the guy who benched Rodgers the week he throws 6 Tds. Bench him for a Rookie QB of all things. Thats something I would never consider. Isnt that why you drafted him so high? Ray Rice scored a combined 11 fantasy pts against the Steelers last year. I didnt bench him in week one and was rewarded for it . Dont bench your studs. You will be right more often than not.

David U. Kennedy

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by David U. Kennedy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:51 am

Originally posted by Baggler:
Hey guys ...I've been leaving alot of points on the table so I'm going to the masses on your thought processes.

I need to pick one rb.....

BJGE or Tolbert

I also need to pick a wr and flex......

Wayne
Henderson
Decker
Sims-Walker
the loser of the BJGE and Tolbert rb choice

I guess what my problem is that I picked up Henderson and have been rolling with Tolbert at the flex (solid 1 ppr guy 12 team ) and had Henderson and Decker on the bench. But with Collins to Wayne combo and Indy playing Pitt.... I'm doubting myself in starting Wayne.

Thanks in advance for all responses Start Wayne Tolbert and its a toss up between Decker and Henderson. If you drafted Wayne you have to start him. Pitt dont have a "shutdown corner" anyway. If the colts produce offense it will be Wayne who does something. Tolbert should continue to pile up catches with SD WRs hurting. I dont ever trust NE RBs. You just never know whos going to be the guy. And Buffalo does have a decent front seven with Dareus and Williams up front. Id lean towards Decker over Henderson. Lance moore will probably be the go to guy for Brees now. Sims Walker has shown me nothing. Hope that helps

Shrink Attack

Start/Sit Week 3

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:00 am

Originally posted by southpaw24:
quote:Originally posted by southpaw24:
In that "other" league where TE receptions count as 1.5, is Marcedes Lewis startable this week? He practiced yesterday so he looks good to go. I also have Keller and there are 2 flexes. Was going to go with Daniel Thomas in the other flex.
Not sure if I should go with the second TE with 1.5 PPR. Anyone? Please?
[/QUOTE]I don't think you want to start Lewis until he's proved himself to be worthy of a start.

I'd go Keller and Thomas.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven