My Vibes For This Week

Raiders

My Vibes For This Week

Post by Raiders » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I think Rivers is a good QB. I was very impressed with him last season. I also had him and liked what I saw nearly every week. I expected him to take another step forward but that hasn't happened. A big - and VERY under-rated - reason why in my opinion is the absence of Eric Parker. He isn't a great WR but he's a good one and he runs good routes and was very dependable to help move the chains. I always said he was an under-rated WR and it's clear to me the Chargers miss him badly. But Rivers still needs to make better decisions. He has the talent to do so in my opinion but I'm seeing him step back and not forward so far this season. Someone needs to tell Norv Turner that LT is the best player in the league. Only you, Norv Turner, can stop LT from winning football games for the Chargers.

First and goal from the 5 yard line, whatta gonna call Norv? ...

1-5-KC5 (4:03) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete short right to V.Jackson.
2-5-KC5 (3:58) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete to M.Floyd.
3-5-KC5 (3:53) P.Rivers pass incomplete.
4-5-KC5 (3:46) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete short left to C.Davis (J.Page).
:mad:
[/QUOTE]Norv was asked after the game.
Norv said everyone knows LT was going to get the ball. So why would I do that.
Norv also went on to say in His Fantasy League He was going up against the LT owner. :eek:

BillyWaz

My Vibes For This Week

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
Norv Turner's anagram is NEVOR RUN T. How do you come up with this stuff??

I don't care what Diesel says about you.... you're a genius in my book! :D ;)

Shrink Attack

My Vibes For This Week

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:47 pm

I agree with renman's point about the Brady-Moss combo. This is not only something special, it's got an edge to it as well.

Brady tossing TD's to a linebacker (Vrabel) is Belichick's odd (and remarkably effective) way of winning football games. Nothing new there. But Brady playing pitch-and-catch with Moss at the end of a blowout against a demoralized team that would've been more than happy to lay down at the end vs. the run is something else. And this has nothing to do with running up the score or humiliating the other team...that's not Brady's style.

This combo could become historic, and I sure wish I owned a peice of it.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Quahogs

My Vibes For This Week

Post by Quahogs » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:03 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
Norv Turner's anagram is NEVOR RUN T. How do you come up with this stuff??

I don't care what Diesel says about you.... you're a genius in my book! :D ;)
[/QUOTE]Tell you what, I'll give you 42 good reasons why I wouldnt want to cross BIG D this week ! :D ;) . I better watch out, he knows where I eat lunch :eek:

LETSROLL2007

My Vibes For This Week

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:34 pm

TOM

EXCELLENT POINTS MADE IN YOUR OBSERVATIONS ABOUT...(Sorry, I thought I was Kotrax there for a minute) ...about David Carr, the WR killer.
He cost us the WCOFF main event title last year when Andre Johnson disappeared the last few weeks (along with Chester). He was open all day and Carr never through it to him. If Jake is out long, Smith will suffer big

LETSROLL2007

My Vibes For This Week

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:45 pm

Tom

Oh yeah, another great observation about Childish Childress. I can handle the injuries,
busts, etc. this year, but the one thing that's driving me up the wall is watching him keep AP on the sidelines when he is the only explosive player they have.
You are 100% right . He must be trying to get axed because no one can be that stupid. My 6 year old even asks me "why don't they put in the player that's good?"

I think he is part of the new breed of coach who wants to be bigger than his players, doing it "their way". He handpicked T Jackson so he will go down with him. Doesn't sign any of the 18 stud WR's that New England signed when Minny's #1 WR is blind and has waffles for hands (TW)

His explanation today was" well we want to keep him "rested" and "fresh". Rested for what? Off season banquets? :eek:

Tom - I feel your pain :confused:

renman

My Vibes For This Week

Post by renman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:30 am

I sense something unique is going on with the Brady-Moss thing. Just something I feel and sense. As if they have been talking in the locker room saying things like "we are going to put up the most insane QB-WR numbers in history this season.."

For those of us who do not have any part of that combo, we better hope no other teams who do have strong rosters around them... OR we better hope for blizzards in New England this December.

LETSROLL2007

My Vibes For This Week

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:59 am

you are right on renman....unfortunately for us who don't have those two

da bears

My Vibes For This Week

Post by da bears » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:04 am

Originally posted by renman:
I sense something unique is going on with the Brady-Moss thing. Just something I feel and sense. As if they have been talking in the locker room saying things like "we are going to put up the most insane QB-WR numbers in history this season.."

For those of us who do not have any part of that combo, we better hope no other teams who do have strong rosters around them... OR we better hope for blizzards in New England this December. Yeah I agree also renman, but Moss staying healthy for the whole year would be surprising. He still has those hamstring issues which could sideline him for a few games at any moment.
Bauler Shot Caller

renman

My Vibes For This Week

Post by renman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:27 am

da bears,

I never root for injuries to anyone but do agree with you. He is older and has had those issues. However one wonders how bad were those past hammy problems and how much was made up due to Moss not wanting to play or be a team player? Moss is the new age athlete and sadly we have to get used to guys like this. There are 100's of them and who knows what goes through their heads.