So how did everyone do?

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:19 am

i think the fish will pick up lamar smith who was cut today and he will be the starter by week 3
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

JerseyPaul

So how did everyone do?

Post by JerseyPaul » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:37 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i think the fish will pick up lamar smith who was cut today and he will be the starter by week 3 Yes, I picked up Lamar with pick 24 of DM. Forgot to do it in the Big Game.

lichtman

So how did everyone do?

Post by lichtman » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:46 am

Hey Nag -- Could not agree with you more.

Blackhand -- where you from?

Lamar Smith is very very bad and hasn't whiffed 4 ypc in a long time (excluding his 11-carry 2003).

[ September 05, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Ico Jones ]
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

edelman24

So how did everyone do?

Post by edelman24 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:54 am

hey jerseypaul..i was in the DM with you in NY...and had pick #11 in NY league #2 yesterday and had the same situation happen to me with the WR. I totally agree that you have to take the top Value available and not reach for a 2nd tier back with a top tier WR still on the board. I was able to get Fred Taylor at #11 and then followed that up with Torry Holt, Chad Johnson and Derrick Mason since almost every pick was a RB there was nothing on the board at all and all these WR kept falling so I just kept plucking them off the board. I was able to get Moe Williams and Onterio Smith later in the draft hopefully 1 of them i can plug in as my #2 RB. AFter looking at all the draft boards in NY I feel League #2 was def the toughest draft considering we had 3 draft master guys plus adam caplan and someone from rotoworld it was very tough but im happy with my team.

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:55 am

I come from VALHALLA , (not the jail as some might think)only team i dislike more than dolps are the pats , so i hope they cant rush or pass !!

lichtman

So how did everyone do?

Post by lichtman » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:07 am

edelman -- as I said in another post -- great draft. Getting those three WRs in addition to a stud back at your draft position is criminal.

Your league may have been full of smart football guys, but I'm not so sure they understood the ramifications of the scoring system. Getting Chad in the third round and Mason in the fourth proves proves that.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:09 am

hey ICO , i see you are in SCARSDALE. i am having a draft in hawthorne at a place called VICTORS on commerse street on tues night at 6:00 . I will be at the bar section at 5:00 . I will be the one with the bucket of steamers. stop by and i will buy you a beer. good luck.

ruslerue

So how did everyone do?

Post by ruslerue » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:52 am

3 rB's is the way to go and i'll tell you why...wwith a 14-team draft, if one of your first 2 rb's gets hurt, and you don't have a backup, i think you are in a world of hurt. this way you can start a more-consistent rb as your flex (even Randy Moss gets 1 catch sometimes), and have some insurance in case you have an injury or a bye.

FFMadMan

So how did everyone do?

Post by FFMadMan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:53 am

Whoever did the calculation for a RB vs a WR was correct - but they neglected the fact that certain RBs will catch many passes (even though only 0.5 pt + yards) therby making them much more valuable than a 1000yd WR. I'll take Duce Staley, Q.Griffith, or even C. Martin over all but the top 8-9 receivers as my Flex. 2 catches for 20 yards every three weeks sure doesnt add up to much.

Route Collectors

So how did everyone do?

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:35 am

In response to the RB vs. WR debate - I have to throw my hat in the WR pool. Unfortunately it seems to be difficult for owners to change years of FF thinking. I was pick 7 league 3 in Chicago. We took Moss,Manning,Mason with the first 3, then had to settle for Wheatley in the 4th, followed by Walker,Dayne,and Kennison. The problem with everyone being RB paranoid is twofold. First - you only have to start 2. Second - if you follow the herd you play right into the hands of the first 3 teams. C.Johnson fell to R2 P13, Ward went to team 1 immediately after. Our league will be competetive but the overall champ will come from somewhere else. Maybe I should fly to NY next year! Was there actually a league that took Andre Johnson before S. Jackson? Oh yeah, I'm serious!