So how did everyone do?

MidasMike

So how did everyone do?

Post by MidasMike » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:58 pm

im (suprised)u think you have a good team!

Nag'

So how did everyone do?

Post by Nag' » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:01 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
...One final note, if I would have been in the league where Chad Johnson went at 3.11 and Derrick Mason went in the 4th round, I have a feeling I could have had my dog draft and be competitive! Utterly ridiculous for someone to say that was one of the toughest leagues. My thoughts exactly.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

So how did everyone do?

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:05 pm

Originally posted by MidasMike:
im (suprised)u think you have a good team! Are you referring to my team MM? If so, I would like to see how you did.

P.S. Why did you ( ) suprised? If you are referring to my spelling, maybe you should get a dictionary Webster!

BillyWaz

So how did everyone do?

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:08 pm

Just looked back at your post MM, and yes, you have a GREAT group of WR's, but who are your RB's? Probably got one of the 10 ? RB's for 2004 in round 2 (good luck with that), and maybe picked up the garbage left in round 4, but I have a feeling that you are going to be getting rocked at RB this year. Also, you had one of the most advantageous spots in the draft (most likely from 7-9, yes?) where you don't have to "reach", get shut out on a "run", and it isn't an eternity until you pick again.

[ September 05, 2004, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Jersey Dawg

So how did everyone do?

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:45 pm

The league that let Chad Johnson fall to 3.11 and Mason fall to the 4th round should be disolved or investigated! There is no possible way anyone who has played fantasy football before could let those players fall that far; especially in a 14 team league. I want to know how many people in that league entered this contest as novices! In my league, and I'll bet many others, Chad was gone before I got to make my 2nd pick. Something is very wrong.... very, very wrong. After reading that post I wanted to throw up. In fact, I just did!

lichtman

So how did everyone do?

Post by lichtman » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:51 pm

JD -- I picked in the #4 and entered the draft hopeful to get Chad Johnson/Hines Ward/Mason in the 2nd round, but resigned to having Steve Smith or Santana Moss as the top WR left on the board.

Everyon's RB frenzy left me with Chad in the 2nd and Hines in the 3rd. Very, very happy.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

kal8898

So how did everyone do?

Post by kal8898 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:03 pm

NYC #2 pick #11
1-Fred Taylor
2-Torry Holt
3-Chad Johnson
4-Derrick Mason
5-Todd Heap

We believe our draft was tough because there were no RB's left to even consider taking over those 3 WR's (yes, even Wheatley and Duckett were off the boards) so, when faced with nothing at RB you turn to what could win you games and that is clearly WR's in this league. Yes they need to carry us, but that is a chance we were willing to take in order to get the 3 of the top 6 WR's out there.

As for KoQ's post: "Our WRs are Ky.Johnson, R.Wayne, D.Bennett, M.Muhammad, D.Hall and T.Brown. True, no Top 15 players in that group, but certainly a deep enough pool to expect three of them to emerge with 70-900-7 seasons."

Can I have some of what you are smoking??? Only about 17 WR's total put those kinda #'s up last year and you openly admitted you don't have a top 15 WR as it is. Good luck though.

Good Luck to all actually and most of all, have fun especially since the money is already spent, might as well enjoy the season as much as you all can ;)
"Until there are none, Rescue One"
Rogers' Rescues
http://www.rogersrescues.com

ultimatefs

So how did everyone do?

Post by ultimatefs » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:07 pm

I was thrilled to get Chad Johnson with 12th pick of Rd 2 (pick 5). Moss and Mason went to Team 1 on the turn. My strategy changed a bit when Manning fell to me at 3.5. I wasn't planning on a QB until Rd7-8.

The RB/WR debate is interesting. Having run 14-team leagues for 20 years now, all I gotta say is you must have SIX strong players every week. If you're #5-6 spots on bye weeks don't score (much), you're in trouble.

Guys like Richie Anderson (55 rec last 8 games) are nice plays on thin weeks.

The auction draft was a blast also. I wound up with Barlow, Faulk, Harrison and Porter as top players...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kal8898

So how did everyone do?

Post by kal8898 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:09 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
I want to know how many people in that league entered this contest as novices! Actually our league had 3 draft masters, a guy from rotoworld.com, AND Adam Caplan in it.

But yeah, we were ecstatic to have Chad Johnson and D. Mason slip to us for our 3/4 picks.
"Until there are none, Rescue One"
Rogers' Rescues
http://www.rogersrescues.com

TOM ROSSI

So how did everyone do?

Post by TOM ROSSI » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:17 pm

Hate my team…The Perfect example of what not to do
A good start IMO with McCallister/C. Johnson/D. Mason/C. Rogers and reaching a little for S. Jackson.

I went on what I’ll describe as “fantasy tilt” , from rounds 6 thru 9 when most drafts are won. When the facilitator said whats your pick I said “nobody” (Picking 4th I was on the wrong end of a QB run and wasn’t prepared to pick) If I had picked nobody and deferred my pick it would have been much better than spiting out the words Onterio Smith.
Think of how you feel when you bluff All-in at pot with nothing and your opponent turns over pocket Aces. Smith better turn out to be a good river card…but I'm probably am drawing dead anyway with that pick.

Team 3 taking their second QB in the 7th round right before me sealed my fate. Fantasy Tilt was in full force. From that point on I got no value, no depth and no QBs with my next 3 picks (Boldin/McGahee/Hearst) and basically blew it right there. Wound up with Palmer and Harrington at QB.

I picked the wrong time to have the worst draft that I’ve had in years.

Fittingly I have decided to name my team Blown Coverage