So how did everyone do?

shoofster

So how did everyone do?

Post by shoofster » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:51 am

Rate Member posted September 06, 2004 02:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's a New Day Dawning and we can look back and assess how we/others did. While I heard of some strange draft selections, Division #1 in Chicago certainly had very little of it. Was different draft strategies as one can see with my team (div #1/pk 6). Felt that if others wanted to continue the run on RB's I'd try to grab the WR's. Since I didnt get one of the 6 RB's I wanted I went with a value pick-R. Moss. On the return trip, after 9 more RB's went, I again went with the value pick of Ward. Had every intention of grabbing a rb in round 3 but 7 more went and I was again stuck with taking a value pick ie, S Smith. Was happy to get Dunn in the 4th as the west coast offense should be good to him. Had targeted 2 other RB's that I wanted late but Jackson and J Jones both got taken before I was slotting them. So ended up with Smith. Grabbed for Hollings when he got close to where I figured I could not wait longer. Had hoped for a better QB but sacrificed there too. In the end I was suprised by my team as I am a RB junkie. Here's to letting the draft dictate what picks I make but dam, wish I had one RB stud. By the By, I now subscribe to the WR strategy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

theguru78

So how did everyone do?

Post by theguru78 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:25 am

Chicago League 3 Pick 14

QB-Brady, Brunell
RB-Taylor, Dillon, Garner, W. Green, Hollings, M. Moore
WR-S. Moss, Burress, Stallworth, Boldin, Calico, Jenkins
TE-Pollard
K-Akers
D-Dallas, New Orleans

Brad "The Guru" Evans

renman

So how did everyone do?

Post by renman » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:52 am

i never go into a draft with any pre set solid plans because each draft has it's own life. i had the 1st pick in new york league 5. i took tomlinson (only guy in the room who did, i have my reasons) and was shocked as peyton manning continued to fall as round two was coming back to me. i expected someone to take him but started preparing for the possibility that he might get to me. i never wanted to take a QB early as many other QB's put up good numbers that i could get much later.

but when manning fell to me, i was left with the decision of taking curtis martin (who was the most valuable RB left in my mind) and Q. griffin, t. barber, t. wheatley...

i chose to take the stud QB (pass td's worth 6 makes them more valuable) over the mediocre 3rd RB... and then spent next 4 picks on best wideouts available... my big blunder (bad break to me) was drafting byron chamberlain, who was touted as being in great shape and a possible sleeper in a good TE offense, as my only TE given his bye week was 10 and i had time to pick up a free agent back up as there was no good TE talent left...

obviously he got shockingly released and i am left with NO TE for week one...

all my back up RB's play behind injury or legal question mark RB's.

QB- manning, grossman
RB- tomlinson, c. martin, reno mahe, musa smith, ladel betts
WR-burress, toomer, r.gardner, fitzgerald, a. davis, osgood
TE- chamberlain (ouch)
K- akers, brown
def- carolina, steelers

i am interested in hearing some thoughts on this roster picked from the #1 position by some of the experts... since most of my friends have never played a league deeper then 10 teams...lol