Here's The NFFC's Payment Plans

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:34 am

In years past, NFFC owners would be receiving physical W-9s in the mail if they were in contention for an NFFC payout. But as our NFBC owners saw recently, we have automated all of our payments now and everything is being done online. You no longer have to fill out a physical W-9 and mail it back to us.

Here's how we'll do it this year, just as we did for the NFBC, which had a smooth transition in payouts of over $1.3 million:

** If you already have a W-9 on file with Fanball from past winnings, that will be noted on your NFFC page and you'll be good to go. At season's end under HOME at nffc.fanball.com, we'll add a link that says MY ACCOUNT. There it will show your current address, contact info and whether we have a W-9 on file or not. Please make sure that the address is correct on file and on the W-9 we have so that your winnings go to the right location. Also, your winning amount will be located there and verify that total is correct.

** All Fanball contests will be paid at the same time, so look for payments to likely go out in late January to early February. NFBC payouts went out starting Nov. 5 when the MLB season ended on Oct. 3. We had a nice turnaround after verifying all prize payouts. We have the holidays in the way here, but we should have a good turnaround on prize payouts again.

** In years past, we did pay out some winners after Week 13 when leagues were decided, but last year we did pay out all NFFC winners at the same time and that will be the plan again this year. All NFFC payouts will be done at the same time after the season in fully concluded.

** The My Account link will likely appear just before we have all payments ready. But once we have all of the winning totals online for all players, we'll then ask all players to claim their prize online. They will click a Prizes link under My Account and within there will be a Claim Prizes link. Again, you verify the amount and claim it and that will start the process for accounting to write the check and send it out.

This worked very smoothly for baseball and I expect the same thing to happen for football. There is always a slight time frame for us to verify all winnings and with millions of dollars being awarded throughout all of Fanball's games it does take some time. But this should be a much easier process for our players, for us and for the contest going forward. No more stamps, envelopes or W-9s returned via mail.

Congrats to all winners in 2010 and good luck in the playoffs.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

INIT2WINIT

Post by INIT2WINIT » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 am

will winnings be posted on 2011 earnings? I do my taxes in early January.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 am

Originally posted by INIT2WINIT:
will winnings be posted on 2011 earnings? I do my taxes in early January. You will receive your check in 2011, so yes.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

SS

Post by SS » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:31 am

Greg, just wondering if you have a date when the my account will be ready to initiate the payment process for the prize winnings?

Thanks,
SS
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 am

Originally posted by SS:
Greg, just wondering if you have a date when the my account will be ready to initiate the payment process for the prize winnings?

Thanks,
SS Any update on this?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:51 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by SS:

Thanks,
SS Any update on this?
[/QUOTE]For baseball that link appeared just before we made the payments. We had payments started just over four weeks after the end of the MLB season. I know accounting is still working on all of this, so look for the My Accounts link hopefully soon.

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:34 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by SS:

Thanks,
SS Any update on this?
[/QUOTE]For baseball that link appeared just before we made the payments. We had payments started just over four weeks after the end of the MLB season. I know accounting is still working on all of this, so look for the My Accounts link hopefully soon.
[/QUOTE]Thanks

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:58 am

In years past, NFFC owners would be receiving physical W-9s in the mail if they were in contention for an NFFC payout. But as our NFBC owners saw recently, we have automated all of our payments now and everything is being done online. You no longer have to fill out a physical W-9 and mail it back to us.

Here's how we'll do it this year, just as we did for the NFBC, which had a smooth transition in payouts of over $1.3 million:

** If you already have a W-9 on file with Fanball from past winnings, that will be noted on your NFFC page and you'll be good to go. At season's end under HOME at nffc.fanball.com, we'll add a link that says MY ACCOUNT. There it will show your current address, contact info and whether we have a W-9 on file or not. Please make sure that the address is correct on file and on the W-9 we have so that your winnings go to the right location. Also, your winning amount will be located there and verify that total is correct.

** All Fanball contests will be paid at the same time, so look for payments to likely go out in late January to early February. NFBC payouts went out starting Nov. 5 when the MLB season ended on Oct. 3. We had a nice turnaround after verifying all prize payouts. We have the holidays in the way here, but we should have a good turnaround on prize payouts again.

** In years past, we did pay out some winners after Week 13 when leagues were decided, but last year we did pay out all NFFC winners at the same time and that will be the plan again this year. All NFFC payouts will be done at the same time after the season in fully concluded.

** The My Account link will likely appear just before we have all payments ready. But once we have all of the winning totals online for all players, we'll then ask all players to claim their prize online. They will click a Prizes link under My Account and within there will be a Claim Prizes link. Again, you verify the amount and claim it and that will start the process for accounting to write the check and send it out.

This worked very smoothly for baseball and I expect the same thing to happen for football. There is always a slight time frame for us to verify all winnings and with millions of dollars being awarded throughout all of Fanball's games it does take some time. But this should be a much easier process for our players, for us and for the contest going forward. No more stamps, envelopes or W-9s returned via mail.

Congrats to all winners in 2010 and good luck in the playoffs. At season's end under HOME at nffc.fanball.com, we'll add a link that says MY ACCOUNT.

Greg,

By "at season's end" do you mean after the Super Bowl is over?

That would seem like a long time to have to wait for winning a league in week #13 of the NFL season.

Thanks,

3'

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 am

Lou, all of Fanball's contests will be paid at the same time and the time frame will be about four weeks from the end of the NFFC season (Week 16). There are thousands of winners in all of the various contests and all will begin to be paid at the same time. So yes, those Week 13 winners will be paid when everyone else will get paid. In the past we paid those winners earlier (before Christmas), but that's not possible now. I am stating four weeks because that was the time frame in baseball this year, but if it's more or less than that I'll let you know as soon as I know.

From what I heard today, we are on pace for all payments to be made as planned and everything is progressing toward the stated time-frame. I have been reassured today by top management that all NFFC prize winners will be paid as planned, so congrats again to all and I'll update more when I hear about things. Again, you'll claim your prizes on your NFFC Home page under My Account once all of the prizes have been allocated to each account.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:58 am

I have been reassured today by top management that all NFFC prize winners will be paid as planned, so congrats again to all and I'll update more when I hear about things. Fantastic news Greg!

A lot of "rumors" going around, and honestly, there are people out there HOPING that Fanball wouldn't pay just so they would have something to talk about (of course they didn't win anything! :rolleyes: )

Thanks for all you do! :D