Matt Millen - Really?

Greg Ambrosius

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:41 pm

I know this is totally off subject when it comes to the NFFC, but what the heck. It's kind of a slow date inbetween when folks dream of the big bucks and when they actually win the big bucks, so what the heck.

I am still amazed that Matt Millen has gone from being the worst general manager in NFL history to not only working for the league's network but another network as well. I mean, isn't it bad enough that we have to listen to him on the NFL Network Thursday games, but he also has a gig with ESPN and Monday Night Football? How does this guy get two NFL TV gigs after his debacle in Detroit?

Last night before kickoff they went to him for an inside tip and he said he was going to tell us something nobody knew. He said Brian Urlacher was the smartest guy on the Bears' defense. Really? That was your inside tip? He said Urlacher understands this defense like nobody else and the coaches are amazed at how smart he is. Wow, what a treat. Smarter than Tommie Harris? Amazing.

Like Tom said today, Millen used to be a good TV announcer, but he's intolerable today. I rarely listen to broadcasts during the games, but he's really tough to listen to. He used to be a good player too but that doesn't mean he should come back and play again. Same for broadcasting.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest before Christmas. Now I'll go back to being nice. I don't want to be on the naughty list!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Clonedawg

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by Clonedawg » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:22 am

Greg, I have to disagree. Matt Millen was NEVER a good announcer. In my mind he has went from being a jerk before he went to be the Lions GM to being a "patsy" on ESPN and NFL network.

I know this is open to a lot of debate but I find Gruden and Collinsworth to be the best color commentators right now. Although I do think Collinsworth was very unfair to Flynn at the end of the Packers/Pats game. If Flynn really had to look to the sideline to get the play then that falls on McCarthy and not Flynn. McCarthy should have given him 2 or 3 plays during their last timeout. In what could have been one of the best stories of the year instead turned into a playground type last play that didn't work.

Money

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by Money » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:19 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I know this is totally off subject when it comes to the NFFC, but what the heck. It's kind of a slow date inbetween when folks dream of the big bucks and when they actually win the big bucks, so what the heck.

I am still amazed that Matt Millen has gone from being the worst general manager in NFL history to not only working for the league's network but another network as well. I mean, isn't it bad enough that we have to listen to him on the NFL Network Thursday games, but he also has a gig with ESPN and Monday Night Football? How does this guy get two NFL TV gigs after his debacle in Detroit?

Last night before kickoff they went to him for an inside tip and he said he was going to tell us something nobody knew. He said Brian Urlacher was the smartest guy on the Bears' defense. Really? That was your inside tip? He said Urlacher understands this defense like nobody else and the coaches are amazed at how smart he is. Wow, what a treat. Smarter than Tommie Harris? Amazing.

Like Tom said today, Millen used to be a good TV announcer, but he's intolerable today. I rarely listen to broadcasts during the games, but he's really tough to listen to. He used to be a good player too but that doesn't mean he should come back and play again. Same for broadcasting.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest before Christmas. Now I'll go back to being nice. I don't want to be on the naughty list!! :D Simply put this guy is the worst judge of football talent on the planet. He is being shoved down our throats on what seems to be a daily basis. The last straw for me was during a college game where he said that a certain players talent would not hold up at the next level. How the hell would he know? He decimated the Detroit franchise for a decade. He left it worse off than a first year expansion team.

With that said the Ford family is the worst ownership in all of sports. They hire one losing GM after another and keep them long after they've proven their ineptness.

The Lions have won ONE PLAYOFF game in the 50 years under their ownership. Hell it takes three in a season to win the damn thing. It's time for TV to tune out Matt Millen and the Ford family to quit being so selfish and sell the team to someone who will try to win.
Joe

Dyv

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by Dyv » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:43 am

For Xmas, I want to be behind the wheel of a dump truck with Matt Millen standing 100 yards in front of me.
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Greg Ambrosius

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:26 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
For Xmas, I want to be behind the wheel of a dump truck with Matt Millen standing 100 yards in front of me. I didn't think I was alone in my assessment of Matt Millen. ;)

Dyv, you've always had that angel on one shoulder and that devil on the other. This must be the devil talking!!! :D Merry Christmas to you and your girls!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

boutrous11

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:40 am

The best was right after he was fired by the Lions, he was working a University of Michigan football game in Ann Arbor, acting like he didn't ruin professional football in the state for years to come.

this was great too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885Nyz_Y9xE

[ December 24, 2010, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]

King of Queens

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
For Xmas, I want to be behind the wheel of a dump truck with Matt Millen standing 100 yards in front of me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlUgilKqms

Ted's Cracked Head

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:33 pm

That whole crew is BAD. Brutal comes to mind.

Millen and Thiesman continuously try and prove they are "all-knowing" and Papa is a bad TV play by play guy but I admit that he is handicapped by having to work with those two idiots. He hardly has a chance to get a word in.

The play last night where they called it a TD at the goal line, none of the three even considered or noticed that it was not even a catch. They were arguing whether or not it was a TD when each replay clearly showed the ball hitting the ground. Dopes.

I think it is amazing that this is the best the NFL can do. What an embarrassment.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

BillyWaz

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:05 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
That whole crew is BAD. Brutal comes to mind.

Millen and Thiesman continuously try and prove they are "all-knowing" and Papa is a bad TV play by play guy but I admit that he is handicapped by having to work with those two idiots. He hardly has a chance to get a word in.

The play last night where they called it a TD at the goal line, none of the three even considered or noticed that it was not even a catch. They were arguing whether or not it was a TD when each replay clearly showed the ball hitting the ground. Dopes.

I think it is amazing that this is the best the NFL can do. What an embarrassment. I agree with all of that (especially about the Saunders supposed TD).

As for is this the best they can do.....do you remember when Bryant Gumble was on there......YIKES!!! :eek:

Paul Clein (Shrink Attack) brought this up and it was so true...

How many times did they mention Maurkice Pouncey???

It reminded me of Gruden on the MNF games where he gets fixated on a player and I wonder if he goes to the locker room to "take care of him" during the half. :eek:

Pouncey is a good player, but he isn't Mike Webster of Dermontti Dawson just yet. ;)

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

[ December 25, 2010, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Ted's Cracked Head

Matt Millen - Really?

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:12 am

You are right, if I had a dollar for every time they mentioned Pouncey, I would already be signed up for every HS FF league in 2011, including the 100K BUY IN that Fanball is rumored to be planning.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King