Aaron Rodgers

Riverdog

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Riverdog » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 pm

What was the mistake ? Not taking Rodgers 4th overall or not taking McCoy ?

I think its a nice debate.
I would not take Rodgers early first round next year. Give me A. Peterson, R. Rice, McCoy or A. Foster and pair my stud 1st round pick with Brees (3rd ?) or Eli (6th ?) and I'll take my chances. Now if Rodgers falls to the late 1st round or early 2nd round - that's another story.
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

Rog

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Rog » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:52 pm

going with Charles instead of my intuition.Was worried about all the weapons in philly and vick being a td vulture.
Sorry bout the rant now back to what a great season and football player Aaron Rodgers is.

[ November 15, 2011, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Who? ]

renman

Aaron Rodgers

Post by renman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:31 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Riverdog:

1st round pick in every league next year ? I think so. Of course, I tried to tell people he was a first-round pick this year. ;)
[/QUOTE]I did take him in the first round this year TWICE in NFFC leagues and am still dead! Brutal year...

I had this feeling that Rodgers would have a season similar to Brady when he exploded years ago. Rodgers had won a superbowl, was the big superbowl hero and coming into this season I felt he might have a season that is FOR HIM in some ways. To have that season that puts him in the record books. Coming off the lockout teams that had consistency with offensive system and personnel in my opinion had an advantage over teams who didn't get to work pre season. That combined with a lack of physicality with the Packers offensive line that would hurt run blocking and I thought he would explode with all those weapons.

Too bad I took guys like Felix Jones, Mendenhall, Manningham, Julio Jones with Rodgers killing my chances....

Greg Ambrosius

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:50 am

I still find it hard to believe that the Packers have won 15 straight games, dating back to that Sunday Night loss at New England when Matt Flynn replaced Rodgers as the starter. If you think back to last year, the team was almost dysfunctional early on as it went 3-3 and eventually 8-6. They had 19 penalties against the Bears during a Monday Night loss in Week 3, they lost back-to-back overtime games against the Redskins and Dolphins and they were shut out in the first half in Week 14 at Detroit when Rodgers suffered his second concussion of the season. It looked like their season was finished there and Rodgers' career was in jeopardy.

Whatever happened during that 1-game stint when he had to watch Flynn run the offense is a miracle. Yes, Rodgers was solid before his second concussion, but he has been almost precision-like with every throw and every decision since then. He still runs enough, but not enough to take the hits like he did at Washington and at Detroit. And he's definitely not afraid to take a sack rather than throw the ball into coverage. He has 28 TD passes this year and only 3 interceptions, with 2 of those interceptions coming off deflections when the receivers should have caught them.

To watch Rodgers right now in person is just a joy. He's throwing the ball with such accuracy and he gets rid of it well before the receivers are making their breaks. At times it's almost unfair for the defenders because the ball is coming out so quickly and it's on the receiver when both players make their cuts. And give the Packer receivers credit because these guys are catching EVERYTHING. The back-shoulder throws are not easy catches and these guys make them look routine. He also throws a lot of passes high where the receivers can go up and get them (rarely do you see a throw at the ankles where they have to dive for the catch). It's an amazing combination right now of a hot QB and hot receivers.

It's fun to watch. I thought watching Favre for 16 years was a joy, but by this time he'd have 28 TD passes and 20 INTs!! :D The way that Rodgers is taking care of the ball makes it tough for defenses to get this team off the field. I could see them scoring 30+ points per game the rest of the way, even when the weather turns bad here. Frozen Tundra or not, this team is going to score, score, score.

Let's just enjoy the ride as long as it lasts. It's football at it's best and it's fun to watch.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Aaron Rodgers

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:25 am

Its almost not fair to the rest of NFL fans that GB gets Favre and Rodgers back-to-back for about 25 years. At least you get your season tickets' $$$$ worth!

Tom Kessenich

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:43 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Its almost not fair to the rest of NFL fans that GB gets Favre and Rodgers back-to-back for about 25 years. At least you get your season tickets' $$$$ worth! It's definitely not the norm, that's for sure. Look how long teams like the Dolphins and Broncos have gone since losing their HOF QBs. That's why I don't understand why some Packer fans want to constantly pit Rodgers against Favre. Just enjoy the fact that for nearly 20 years this team has had outstanding play at the game's most important position. It's a luxury few teams in league history have enjoyed. Embrace it and stop creating silly little debates about who's better or why this one is better than the other.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

liquidhippo

Aaron Rodgers

Post by liquidhippo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:28 am

1st round pick in every league next year ? I think so. Of course, I tried to tell people he was a first-round pick this year. ;)
[/QUOTE]Tom, did you anticipate the quantum leap in production Rodgers would post this year? He's never done anything like this before. I never imagined these types of numbers. Aaron is producing a full 10 ppg above his 2010 numbers. The only other team I recall running up the score like the Packers, is the 2007 Patriots. Most teams once they're up 20+ points try to take the air out of the ball, hand off more, or at least occasionally, and try to get out of Dodge without any injuries. Not the 2011 Packers. It's as though they're focusing on scoring records this year.

Ry's Guys

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 am

As a Rodgers owner one of the sweetest things about his amazing 9 games is that he has spread it around so much.

Sure Jennings and Nelson will both probably go over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's easy. Neither will catch 100 balls. If you drafted Finley you have to be disappointed. He has nice numbers but they should be better considering Rodgers numbers.

James Jones, Driver & Cobb's numbers make up one hell of a WR 53-740-7!!! But split between the three of them they are not a startable fantasy WR.

The RB's have contributed to the pass game a little but again John Kuhn has the 2 TD's. Starks and Grant havent' put up great pass catching numbers.

When Brady had his incredible record breaking season you could get paid (fantasy wise) by having Moss.

Basically it's great having Rodgers even if you didn't pair up a Packer reciever/tight end with him. Keep up the double discount dance Rodgers!!!
Pat Sorge

Tom Kessenich

Aaron Rodgers

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:44 am

Originally posted by Liquid Hippo:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

[/QUOTE]Tom, did you anticipate the quantum leap in production Rodgers would post this year? He's never done anything like this before. I never imagined these types of numbers.
[/QUOTE]Neither did I. I didn't expect Rodgers to make a run at Brady's TD record, for example. What he's doing is pretty amazing. I liked Rodgers as a first-round pick because I believe there is a strong value to getting stud talents, especially at the QB position. I felt he was by far the best QB option available this season when you take into account his talent, the talent around him and the system he's in. I had him ranked 6th on my board going into the season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

rkulaski

Aaron Rodgers

Post by rkulaski » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 pm

[/QUOTE]First round? I took him with the first pick overall in one draft! But I'm a Packer fan and decided I've got to have him on one team this year!