Live Chat With scoutPRO's Nelson Sousa: Wednesday, 7 p.m. EST

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Originally posted by telestar:
Do you think Kolb has any real chance to be a good fantasy QB in AZ?

What about Emmanuel Sanders - do you think he can be relevant in PITT?

And finally, if you had to choose between Romo and Schaub, who would you select and why?

Thanks very much ANSWER 1:

Yes.

KEVIN KOLB – PHI
Kolb was the starter in week 1 last year until OLB Clay Mathews ran him down and squashed him. Kolb left the game with a concussion, Vick came in and that’s all she wrote. Fast forward to 2011 and all the talk is about Kolb being on the trading block and Arizona as his likely destination. The Cardinals definitely need a QB; I’m just not sure they will want to meet the Eagles demands. I could see Kolb going to a team like the Seahawks or the Dolphins, but if he does go to Arizona there is nothing wrong with that. They have some weapons for Kolb starting with WR Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Breaston. I have seen enough of Kolb in limited action to believe that he can succeed as a starting QB not only in the NFL but also as a fantasy QB. Kolb’s value could fluctuate dramatically depending what happens once the lockout is lifted

ANSWER 2:

I worry about the off season surgery. Need to see how he looks in camp.

Emmanuel Sanders (WR) I PIT I – Early in the season, I thought he was making too many mistakes and was going to struggle as a rookie. As the season went on, he developed into a nice third WR on the Steelers and his natural progression would have him pushing Hines Ward for the WR2 job this year. He had an unfortunate foot injury in the Super Bowl which adds some concern heading into 2011 after having surgery on both feet this offseason. His best game last year was against the Jets in week 15 when he had 7 catches for 78 yards on 13 targets. He should continue to improve, but I don’t think he will break-out this year. That may change as the offseason goes on and Hines Ward continues to struggle reciting the alphabet (He got stopped for drunk driving and had trouble saying his ABC’s). For now, I could see about five targets per week which translates into about 3 catches a week for 45 yards and an occasional TD.

ANSWER 3:

I need to see Romo in camp before deciding. I like Romo, but as weird as it sounds Schaub might be safer. I think it will depend on someone's drafting style on who they select. I could see Schaub light it up as defenses focus on stopping the run. I liked Romo a lot early, but I need to see Dallas improve their O-line before committing to this relationship. So to answer your question I would lean towards Romo, unless I hear negative news in the preseason.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

telestar

Post by telestar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks very much for your answers. Good points all. One additional question if you have the time to respond - the consensus top four RBs are Foster, Johnson, Peterson and Charles. In a PPR format, do you think Rice (sans McGahee) can be considered close to or in the top group? And as you go further into round one of a PPR draft, when would you switch to a WR like Andre, Calvin or Roddy White instead of Gore, Rice, McFadden, or McCoy?

Thanks again for your thoughts and help!

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Originally posted by telestar:
Thanks very much for your answers. Good points all. One additional question if you have the time to respond - the consensus top four RBs are Foster, Johnson, Peterson and Charles. In a PPR format, do you think Rice (sans McGahee) can be considered close to or in the top group? And as you go further into round one of a PPR draft, when would you switch to a WR like Andre, Calvin or Roddy White instead of Gore, Rice, McFadden, or McCoy?

Thanks again for your thoughts and help! ANSWER 1:

If Johnson holds out then i could see him falling from that top 4 group and I could see Rice or McCoy jump into that group.

ANSWER 2:

I would take all 3 WRs before I taking Gore. As far as Rice, McCoy, MC, Johnson & Johnson or White....... I guess it all depends on where I was picking and what strategy I thought would work best. I would have no problem taking A.Johnson 3rd overall if I felt I could get the right combination of backs later.

Hope that helps, let me know

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm here all night guys. Be sure to tip your waitress and try the veal.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 pm

What happens in Miami at running back? I am a Dolphin fan and don't think Thomas is that good. Certainly not that dynamic from what I saw of him in college? Would you agree?

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Nelson, I see you signed up for both the Classic and the Primetime. What differences in draft strategy will you incorporate to handle the differences in format between the two contests?

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
What happens in Miami at running back? I am a Dolphin fan and don't think Thomas is that good. Certainly not that dynamic from what I saw of him in college? Would you agree? some talk of marion barber tonight.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
What happens in Miami at running back? I am a Dolphin fan and don't think Thomas is that good. Certainly not that dynamic from what I saw of him in college? Would you agree? I agree. Even though he was taken in the 2nd RD, I never viewed him as a special RB. I don't view him as that special talent that I look for when drafting a RB. Tom and I went back and forth on this on another thread. I never thought D-Will or Bradshaw was in Miami's price range, but for them to even entertain the idea confirms to me that they don't trust him as the full time back. Thomas ran for 2850 yards in 2 years at Kansas St, but many backs have been productive in college to only come into the NFL and fail.

At the end of the day, I see Miami possibly bringing back R.Brown and/or signing Sproles and/or J.Harrison.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Nelson, I see you signed up for both the Classic and the Primetime. What differences in draft strategy will you incorporate to handle the differences in format between the two contests? Classic:

1. Take a QB early
2. RB gets devalued because of .5 PPR. Might look to take WRs early

Prime-time:

1. Probably exact opposite

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
What happens in Miami at running back? I am a Dolphin fan and don't think Thomas is that good. Certainly not that dynamic from what I saw of him in college? Would you agree? some talk of marion barber tonight. [/QUOTE]It looks like Miami wants to continue with a time share at RB