Monday Morning Quarterback: Part 2

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 16, 2011 5:37 am

Topic 10: I know he's not an offensive player, but honestly the biggest free agent signing that is coming up involves CB Nnamdi Asomugha.

Wherever he lands will change the team's makeup, the division's makeup, the conference's makeup. I know Schefter is reporting that all of the teams in the NFC East could make a play on him, but where do you see him landing? Can Charles Woodson convince him to play in Green Bay?? :D Could Detroit make a play for him and solidify that defense? Who's likely to get him and why?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 16, 2011 5:40 am

Okay, let's see some other opinions on these subjects. This Monday Morning Quarterback idea is meant to provide viewpoints from all of our NFFC members. Jump in folks, copy another of the topics and let's TALK FOOTBALL!! We just want to talk football here and get this fantasy football season started. What do you have for us on these topics?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 16, 2011 5:40 am

I think Asomugha ends up in the NFC East with Dallas and Philly being the leading candidates. Whoever gets him will quickly have made a massive improvement defensively. He's one of the few shut-down CBs in the league who is still playing at the top of his game. My prediction is he ends up in Dallas.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 16, 2011 5:45 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Let's start some football discussion this week and see where it takes us. We'll shoot for 10 topics again, but it's tough to even find 10 topics with nothing going on in the NFL. Here's a start:

Topic 1: Will anything happen with this week's mediation in Minneapolis?

Personally, this looks like a dog-and-pony show and that's it. They were told to get together for mediation this week before U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan, the same judge who saw nothing get done a few weeks ago. The owners are bringing four reps along with Commissioner Roger Goodell: the Steelers' Art Rooney Jr., the Giants' John Mara, the Panthers' Jerry Richardson and the Bengals' Mike Brown. The Players are represented by NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith and attorney Jeffrey Kessler.

Let's be honest here: Both sides are now in it for the long haul and waiting to hear the final verdict from the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Both sides think they are going to win that, which gives them an edge going forward. Nobody is going to give anything until they see how that court rules. The owners feel good about their chances because that court has taken so long to rule and the players can't give in now after winning so decisively under Judge Nelson. So nothing gets done until that ruling comes in. Am I right Tom?
Adam Schefter just tweeted this: "Most people don't expect a decision on the temporary stay from the 8th circuit. I'm not one. Have a sense we'll get a decision this week."

hammer

Post by hammer » Mon May 16, 2011 5:47 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Topic 10: I know he's not an offensive player, but honestly the biggest free agent signing that is coming up involves CB Nnamdi Asomugha.

Wherever he lands will change the team's makeup, the division's makeup, the conference's makeup. I know Schefter is reporting that all of the teams in the NFC East could make a play on him, but where do you see him landing? Can Charles Woodson convince him to play in Green Bay?? :D Could Detroit make a play for him and solidify that defense? Who's likely to get him and why?
Sorry to say, Greg, but Detoit is going to get him

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon May 16, 2011 6:42 am

Originally posted by hammer:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Sorry to say, Greg, but Detoit is going to get him
[/QUOTE]Can you imagine the J-E-T-S with Revis and Asomugha as bookend corners? :eek: :eek:

Would arguably be the best tandem I've seen in my lifetime.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:07 am

B-R-O-W-N-S?!? :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 16, 2011 7:36 am

Here's three quick thoughts from my man Fabs, NFL.com's Michael Fabiano to add to our Monday conversations:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/05/16/three-a ... or-bryant/

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 16, 2011 8:09 am

The Packers are the consensus team to beat according to NFL.com's experts and fans. That's probably the kiss of death, but it feels good if you're a Packers' fan. Here's the link to that story:

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

I'm surfing on a Monday and doing anything to talk football!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 16, 2011 8:19 am

This wasn't worth creating a topic for it, but let me just say that the 1.5 seconds they gave Chad Ochocinco for "riding" that bull is BULL. What, did they do, time it from the moment he came out of the gate until the time his butt hit the dirt? He "rode" that bull for ZERO SECONDS. Anyone could have FALLEN that fast. I'll give him credit for risking his limbs to ride that thing, but the publicity stunt was a flop and he's lucky he didn't get killed. He should learn to ride a bike before trying to ride a bull.