magazine leagues

weber7777

magazine leagues

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:53 pm

by way how did you support your statement? you said you can guarantee 100% that fanball will pay out on all leagues? that statement is impossible to support.. and you didn't even mention it in your post.. all you did was attack me and a blog that i haven't used in years.. yes it was old.. wow you got me there billy.. wow.. your so good at what you do ..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
I'm not worried about Fanball financially AT ALL.

They have the money, and I am 100% sure they will pay out. Now WHEN you get the payout, could be an issue, as it doesn't seem like anyone (besides Greg and Tom and a few select others) are concerned about WHEN things get done.

Like Mark said "when Fanball bought the NFFC, they bought the traditions". Well, the problem as I see it is there is one person who makes all the final decisions in this company, when the guys who know EXACTLY how it should be run (Greg and Tom) have to default to him.

I have bitten my tongue all off season, and will continue to do so, but the "mom and pop store feel" that made the NFFC what it was, seems to be LONG gone.

And that is no slight on Greg and Tom, as they still continue to bend over backwards where they can and jump on EVERY grenade thrown on these boards, but having their expertise in running this event to it's maximum effectiveness is being wasted because it doesn't seem like a Fanball team when ONE person is making all the decisions. :(

Whatever everyone decides about the magazine leagues is fine with me. Curious Billy, how can you be 100% sure of whether they will pay out on the leagues ? Unless your the CEO of fanball i don't think you can 100% guarantee anything that they do.

But i do agree that the mom and pop feel is gone.. next year when im able to travel.. it's going to be a tough decision.. but we will see how the season unfolds..
[/QUOTE]Hey Mike.....your BLOG is SEVERELY outdated unless you know something about Brian Westbrook and Larry Johnson being top 6 RB's that the rest of us don't know!
[/QUOTE]i guess when you can't support a statement go to the alternative and draw attention elsewhere.. what a shocker.. ok i'll play that game too..
[/QUOTE]I supported my statement above....geez!!!!

Simply making a comment about your BLOG....why are you ALWAYS on the defensive??? :confused:
[/QUOTE]your the only clown i take issue with on these boards or in any of the big leagues.. just u..

you should spend more time in real life, maybe work a little harder and spend less time on boards.. says alot about your priorities in life...
[/QUOTE]I know i am the onyl one you have an issue with. Everytime I BREATHE, you are there to get on me. :rolleyes:

You're right Mike.....I wish I was more like you.

Can you PM me and tell me how I can be the best at everything like you???

Thanks for the advice....dad. :rolleyes:

[ August 09, 2010, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

magazine leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:57 pm

by way how did you support your statement? you said you can guarantee 100% that fanball will pay out on all leagues? that statement is impossible to support.. and you didn't even mention it in your post.. all you did was attack me and a blog that i haven't used in years.. yes it was old.. wow you got me there billy.. wow.. your so good at what you do .. Now I "attacked" you. You need to pull up your panties, and grow some thicker skin.

Seriously, it is obvious you haven't updated it in a while, hence the .....it was supposed to be FUNNY!!

Are you this uptight ALL the time?? :(

weber7777

magazine leagues

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:00 pm

only when dealing with losers in general.. connect the dots..

weber7777

magazine leagues

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:21 pm

thanks dad..LOL.. GK, you are the man.. goodnight.

Purple Helmets

magazine leagues

Post by Purple Helmets » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:58 pm

only when dealing with losers in general.. connect the dots.. Is this the same Weber that welched out of a bet with Dave Terp about three years ago? If so, not sure you can really call anyone else a loser in the high stakes community. If it's not you, but one of your brothers that participates in these contests, then I apologize...and hope you're not too much like him.
Living the dream!

renman

magazine leagues

Post by renman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:47 am

Back to the topic of the thread.

Greg,

I hope you recognize I was not trying to create any firestorm here. I have done the magazine leagues in the past. Though playing for a meaningful credit was nice, how much we were playing for was never overly important to me. I know the logic of us playing out the leagues for a tangible prize was that it lead to higher integrity drafts and thus better information and content for your readers. I think it does exactly that.

I agreed to do the magazine draft again this year and did it however many weeks ago. I simply assumed we were doing it the same way we have in the past. I only started the thread to inquire about where the league rosters were or when they would be loaded. Truthfully I was just curious to see who I picked because I could only remember a handful of the players I secured.

If the league plays out, that is fine with me. If it doesn't, that is fine too. I certainly am not in any way condemning the NFFC, calling anyone out, or questioning integrity.

You know I am as "pro NFFC" as anyone and have always been. I recognize this is a time of chaotic transition that could lead to bigger and better things for the NFFC. I understand there are going to be a few pot holes hit as we all make the transition.

I don't think anyone is calling YOU and or Tom out in any way. People have loved their NFFC experience and want to make sure this year is as good or better than the previous... just like every year since 2004.

Just an opinion.

[ August 10, 2010, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

daveterp55

magazine leagues

Post by daveterp55 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 pm

my good buddy weber!

how you been bro!